3 stars plus hh beat the bronies

wbbfan

• wbbfan changed the title to 3 stars plus hh beat the bronies

1. Bighill - the plays that guy makes offsets a lot of missed gaps and slow closing by our other LBs

2. Collaros - he's been here long enough that receivers should know how he throws

3. Legghio - mentally tough to come back from that convert and I still really like his punting

HH - Lawler - he deserved that TD...

Can someone tell me why we treated a rookie QB with ONE game under his belt like he was the second coming of Brady? Our secondary played him like we were **** scared he was going to beat us deep and let him march up and down the field. Not to mention, other than Jordan, i have never heard of a single one of their receivers. Let these no-names try to beat you through the air instead of playing the softest zone ive even seen.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

1. Bighill - the plays that guy makes offsets a lot of missed gaps and slow closing by our other LBs

2. Collaros - he's been here long enough that receivers should know how he throws

3. Legghio - mentally tough to come back from that convert and I still really like his punting

HH - Lawler - he deserved that TD...

Bighill was great when not at sam

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Can someone tell me why we treated a rookie QB with ONE game under his belt like he was the second coming of Brady? Our secondary played him like we were **** scared he was going to beat us deep and let him march up and down the field. Not to mention, other than Jordan, i have never heard of a single one of their receivers. Let these no-names try to beat you through the air instead of playing the softest zone ive even seen.

Hall mysteriously going back to default for some reason 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Did Richie Hall accidentally grab his 2016 playbook on his way out the door today??

Cant teach an old dog new tricks. I think he will always tend to revert to that given the chance. 

They didnt miss a pass for soo long we adjusted and started getting stops. Then suddenly in the 4th quarter he went right back to it again. Its mind blowing. 

12 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

To me it looked like the gameplan was to fluster him with pressure from blitzes but Calgary was ready to bring in 6-7 to block and Meier didn't care just quick game behind it.

Second half we went to more of a 4 man rush, maybe 5 sometimes with a DB or Bighill blitzing and they really did nothing other than pile up 2-3 first downs here and there and convert some second downs in their own end that we probably could have stopped to save field position.

Generally we are a much better D when we go with the 4 man rush and drop 8, have that second level of D to force tougher throws and let our DL tee off.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

To me it looked like the gameplan was to fluster him with pressure from blitzes but Calgary was ready to bring in 6-7 to block and Meier didn't care just quick game behind it.

Second half we went to more of a 4 man rush, maybe 5 sometimes with a DB or Bighill blitzing and they really did nothing other than pile up 2-3 first downs here and there and convert some second downs in their own end that we probably could have stopped to save field position.

Generally we are a much better D when we go with the 4 man rush and drop 8, have that second level of D to force tougher throws and let our DL tee off.

Yeah im not a big fan of the 6/7 man blitz with our current personnel. Love Biggie but his speed is quickly evaporating and Briggs is just too slow to get effective pressure. Didnt get much pressure all game. Thought Calgary won the trench war for sure which is disheartening seeing as its our bread and butter.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I just dont get it. After soo long, how does hall not understand his blitzes dont get pressure. 37 games for biggie. 8 sacks. No less than 200 times hes been blitzed. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I just dont get it. After soo long, how does hall not understand his blitzes dont get pressure. 37 games for biggie. 8 sacks. No less than 200 times hes been blitzed. 

Bighill has no moves either when he ends up rushing off the line, he always just tries to dip the OL and just gets shoved off his line into the pocket and out of the play.  If they want to run blitzes they need to run stunts to open up space for the blitzers to have a path into the pocket.  But really, just rush 4 and stay on Jefferson's ass to actually rush and not try to be Ray Lewis.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bighill has no moves either when he ends up rushing off the line, he always just tries to dip the OL and just gets shoved off his line into the pocket and out of the play.  If they want to run blitzes they need to run stunts to open up space for the blitzers to have a path into the pocket.  But really, just rush 4 and stay on Jefferson's ass to actually rush and not try to be Ray Lewis.

Yeah all he does is bullrush, Its painful watching him with a massive burst and gap just launching into OL when they stand up rush him. 

Honestly if they want to rush a lber, run 3 de's. Willy jackson and kongbo all have the speed and range to play lber. Move one around and use him as a jack lber. Could even put sayles jake and walker in a 30 over front with say jeffcoat on the edge and bring willy in as a jack lber. Have all 3 dts attack the gaps and watch the ol scramble. 

HH to Rose for the Stamps for his 2 boneheaded Roughing The Passer plays 😂😂😂

Seriously though? O'Shea for trusting his kicker and putting Leggio out immediately after his PAT miss to restore some confidence in him at the next opportunity. Went a long way in building his confidence for the other kicks I felt.

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

O opened up downfield passing.  Would have had two Lawler TD's if not for replay and drop.

I credit collaros for throwing down field on those, we didnt open up the play call or any thing though. 2  deep throws and not really designed deep plays. 

You guys have gotten away from this thread....it's 3 stars and Happy Honker!

1. Leggs....not sure what went wrong with the convert kick, but after that he was solid. Which kick was more important for his head...the long one or the game winner?? I'm thrilled for the kid.

2. Harris. I think the offence plays with more confidence when he's got the ball.

3. Miller. Plays tight end, defence, and special teams. He's very very good.

HH. Hardrick. I just love his enthusiasm and attitude. Sadly no hops this year, but running around with Leghio on his shoulder tonight is just awesome. He did the same thing in the Toronto game, can't remember who he carried around then. Also honourable mention to Mike Benson ( long snapper ) and the holder #12. ( brain cramp can't think of his name)

Just now, ddanger said:

You guys have gotten away from this thread....it's 3 stars and Happy Honker!

1. Leggs....not sure what went wrong with the convert kick, but after that he was solid. Which kick was more important for his head...the long one or the game winner?? I'm thrilled for the kid.

2. Harris. I think the offence plays with more confidence when he's got the ball.

3. Miller. Plays tight end, defence, and special teams. He's very very good.

HH. Hardrick. I just love his enthusiasm and attitude. Sadly no hops this year, but running around with Leghio on his shoulder tonight is just awesome. He did the same thing in the Toronto game, can't remember who he carried around then. Also honourable mention to Mike Benson ( long snapper ) and the holder #12. ( brain cramp can't think of his name)

Leggs said the miss he just got too much under it.  And he saw the clock run out. Glad he dug us out of it though. Mentally tough especially for a rookie. 

Mcguire is the holder. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah im not a big fan of the 6/7 man blitz with our current personnel. Love Biggie but his speed is quickly evaporating and Briggs is just too slow to get effective pressure. Didnt get much pressure all game. Thought Calgary won the trench war for sure which is disheartening seeing as its our bread and butter.

Adam bighill's speed is not evaporating.  

I disagree with that statement.  Like alot.