GDT - Week 4 - The Stamps (1-2) @ The Champs (2-1)

JCon

I gotta say these drops by our receivers are horrifying. 4 tonight by my count. I remember years ago at the old stadium we had a team with the dropsies. Gotta work through it.

I'm thrilled for our kicker....Leggs ( because I can't spell his name ).  This could very well be a career-making game for him. Missing either the long one or the game winner would've been a disaster for him. Anyway, if he keeps this up Crapinga will be out of a job. 

Like many have said, this vanilla defence is just awful.  

21 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I gotta say these drops by our receivers are horrifying. 4 tonight by my count. I remember years ago at the old stadium we had a team with the dropsies. Gotta work through it.

I'm thrilled for our kicker....Leggs ( because I can't spell his name ).  This could very well be a career-making game for him. Missing either the long one or the game winner would've been a disaster for him. Anyway, if he keeps this up Crapinga will be out of a job. 

Like many have said, this vanilla defence is just awful.  

The vanilla defense has alot to do with the personal we have left out there. 

We miss demski, alot. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Im worried about the riders the next two weeks though. They are better than to and cal. And they do what those teams did well against our d as their bread and butter. 

We will need to have the best coached and executed game of the year so far to win. 

Agreed! I see a 1-1 split with home field being the advantage in both games. But the Riders are definitely a good team. And I hate having to say that lol. 

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Agreed! I see a 1-1 split with home field being the advantage in both games. But the Riders are definitely a good team. And I hate having to say that lol. 

Probably what happens. But if we don't adjust to what they do offensively they will sweep us. Not only are they the best timing route and seam attacking passing game they have the best running qb and a strong balanced offense over all. We can handle that ol if we can make Fajardo hold the ball long enough. 

Big moment for our coaches 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Probably what happens. But if we don't adjust to what they do offensively they will sweep us. Not only are they the best timing route and seam attacking passing game they have the best running qb and a strong balanced offense over all. We can handle that ol if we can make Fajardo hold the ball long enough. 

Big moment for our coaches 

Dont forget we have the uprights on our side… 🤣

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Labbe was gone 3 years before Richie Hall came here.

We constantly blitz our LB's on run downs.  Doesn't matter who they are.  It's kind of an all or nothing strategy and Hall has employed it regularly yes.

Haha wow - I had totally erased Sam Hurl from my bomber memory... all apologies to Labbe who was also slow but not painfully

Hall does blitz and leave the flats empty a lot - I still say we don’t see Wilson lining up on the DL anywhere near what we saw this game

I am not looking forward to the home-and-home with the Riders. Riders have started the season very well and look like the best in the west, but the Bombers are having a lot of teething problems on both offence and defence. I was disappointed that the Bombers did not overpower the Stamps who looked to be ripe for the picking with a rookie QB and a patchwork O-line. 

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

We muddled through that one....can't do that against the green guys.....Two guys we are really missing ...Demski and Grant.....Hope they're back next game or it could be a long day in Regina

Agree. McKnight on Demski's spot is really not clicking and I'm getting more and more frustrated with Nelson every kickoff/punt return he makes. I get that ball security is important but when the other team is starting almost in the midfield and we are starting at our 20-30s it's really is a big disadvantage, especially on a low-scoring defensive games.

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People like to put it all on Nelson, but the special teams are not giving him a lot of help. 

True enough. Nelson looks hesitant rather than just charging to any hole, but on a few of his returns there is almost zero blocking help. He also lacks the pure acceleration of Grant so he may be getting later to the holes and the blocking has collapsed by that point. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People like to put it all on Nelson, but the special teams are not giving him a lot of help. 

The blocking on returns last night was questionable at best. Nelson isn't great on returns but he had little to no help for the most part.

I'm a little concerned at the apparent lack of attention to detail and somewhat sloppy play the last two weeks but I think injuries and a lack of pre-season play have contributed to this. It goes without saying they'll need to be sharper going into Stinktown for the LDC. 

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oqbcjulqrpkl0f89n5

Right now hes also 3rd in the league and 16 yards behind first. And tied for first in td catches. If the CC hadnt blown that call he'd be first in yards tds and catches. He and collaros are connecting at about a 70% rate despite a couple drops.(eric rogers is at 62%,same as lemar durant, eugene lewis is at 44, 75-80% is elite and once the drops sort out he will get back to that.) As is hes on track for some thing like just shy of 1200 yards and 7 tds in the shortened season. 

52 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Our teams has not been good in blocking or kick cover. That said nelson is insanely indecisive. He looks slow and a shell of his pre injury 2019 form. Teams will come around, we saw a lot of turn over in the depth NI on the roster. But I dont think any kind of blocking will help nelson. He only makes guys miss if hes standing still and never gets up to speed. Hes playing like a poor mans wayne mcgarity.  

Just now, JCon said:

This may have been talked about during the game but Collaros seemed to struggle to find the open receiver, often throwing into a swath of Stamp defenders. 

Did it look better on TV with replays? 

That was mostly him forcing the ball down field. We seldom had more than 1 guy deep and the defense converged on them all night. His deep passes were on point, despite forcing into double and triple cover none where much of a threat to be picked. Its just him trying to do what he does best and our play call does worst. He shouldve had like 350 yards and 3 tds pretty easy last night. Drops and the Command center screwed him. He played pretty great, though he was throwing the short stuff with the force of a deep ball, which makes it hard to catch. But most of the in completions werent poor passes. 

It would be scary if he had an OC that pushed the ball down field. 

59 minutes ago, JCon said:

This may have been talked about during the game but Collaros seemed to struggle to find the open receiver, often throwing into a swath of Stamp defenders. 

Did it look better on TV with replays? 

The entire game did. I left the stadium thinking that was a smelly turd and when I got home and rewatched it, it looked much better for the Bombers. 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

We muddled through that one....can't do that against the green guys.....Two guys we are really missing ...Demski and Grant.....Hope they're back next game or it could be a long day in Regina

Grant is on the 6-game... so unfortunately his return is not immanent... does anyone know if the "6-game" is actually less this year because of a shortened year?

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

How many games do you think they should need to adjust though...

It takes a while honestly. Its also some thing zach needs to adjust on a bit. Doesnt need to throw a 100mph  on a 5 yard come back. 

Ive seen riffle armed QBs break wrs fingers repeatedly doing that. 

Just now, bearpants said:

Grant is on the 6-game... so unfortunately his return is not immanent... does anyone know if the "6-game" is actually less this year because of a shortened year?

They can pull him off but its a bad sign ya. Good question I dont know but itd be cool to find out.