Odds and Sods - Game 3 - Bombers at Argos

do or die

On 2021-08-23 at 1:45 PM, 17to85 said:

Yeah that was my other comment. Not nearly enough run game or first down production in general. Hard to play the game from 2nd and long.

And the run game when Oliviera carries the ball is just the same. Trying to run up the middle. For a couple of yards. Every so often, Brady rips it for 5 & 6. We've seen American rookiews come in on worse teams than ours with bad offensive lines make hay & get yards. He doesn't have ths speed to get outside. He is no threat as a receiver out of the backfield. Maybe now it's time to say Oliviera isn't good enough to be a starter. I'd like to see Augustine get a chance. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Of course they count, but to say we were close in a game where we obviously weren't is Rider fan level of self deception.

"obviously weren't" is a weird way to put it when they lost by 1 score. I mean I agree with you that they were out played. But I think it says more about the Argos and the level of talent on the bombers that they can play that poorly and still be in the game with 3 minutes to go.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Of course they count, but to say we were close in a game where we obviously weren't is Rider fan level of self deception.

I dunno, if the argos with 40+ minutes TOP were still a couple big plays against from putting it away then isn't that a testament to the Bombers D actually keeping it close?

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I dunno, if the argos with 40+ minutes TOP were still a couple big plays against from putting it away then isn't that a testament to the Bombers D actually keeping it close?

Esp with all our injuries on D...definitely a testament in my book. Its called a bend but not break defense for a reason. A couple of breakdowns by rookie Dbs that if we fix might be a different game too...

Edited by bb1

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Actually 3 big plays and we didn't get the 3rd one.

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Actually 3 big plays and we didn't get the 3rd one.

That's what I am saying. If 2 big plays is all it takes for a game to be close isn't that a testament? No one is pretending that the Bombers almost won that game. All we are saying is that they played like complete **** in a lot of phases and still had chances to win the game. Unless you think they're going to be so completely bad in all phases in all games going forward...

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

If we had medlock its a 1 point game at worst. If we used our challenge and over turned the pick or the deep pass to adams thats probably enough to win. 

Despite one of the most lopsided TOP games in recent memory, and the offensive stagnating to the point of 3 2 and outs to start then 6 two and outs with 2 first downs up to the 3 minute warning in the first half and 4 in total in the first half we lost a very close game. 

The times our defense has been stranded that badily in the past, or any teams, theyve never kept it together soo well that late into the game. 

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That's what I am saying. If 2 big plays is all it takes for a game to be close isn't that a testament? No one is pretending that the Bombers almost won that game. All we are saying is that they played like complete **** in a lot of phases and still had chances to win the game. Unless you think they're going to be so completely bad in all phases in all games going forward...

We got soundly beaten in all phases of the game. We had 2 chances to win... slim and none. It ended up being slim. 2 big plays made the score closer than the game really was. The final score flattered us and everyone who watched it knows that. We got a garbage time TD with 2:12 left on the clock when they were playing off the receivers. We kicked off and they drained the clock. They were in FG range so could have been up by at least 10 if they wanted to, but they didn't bother cuz they didn't need to.

You're just looking for a silver lining.

9 minutes ago, do or die said:

If you want to look at this from another angle.........a more typical effort would of brought us a win.   Which spotlights the multiple areas in which we played pretty bad......

Rather than just out played I'd say we are heavily depleted got out coached and out executed but ya. 

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

We got soundly beaten in all phases of the game. We had 2 chances to win... slim and none. It ended up being slim. 2 big plays made the score closer than the game really was. The final score flattered us and everyone who watched it knows that. We got a garbage time TD with 2:12 left on the clock when they were playing off the receivers. We kicked off and they drained the clock. They were in FG range so could have been up by at least 10 if they wanted to, but they didn't bother cuz they didn't need to.

You're just looking for a silver lining.

And where did I say they were close to winning? Pay attention. I said they played like **** and were still close. Do you expect them to be THAT bad every game? The fact the game was close is a statement whether you like it or not. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

And where did I say they were close to winning? Pay attention. I said they played like **** and were still close. Do you expect them to be THAT bad every game? The fact the game was close is a statement whether you like it or not. 

Ummm……….

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You're trying to move the goal posts again. FTR: I'm only talking about the 2nd Argo game, not any other game before or after. The fact is that game wasn't close despite the final score.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

You're trying to move the goal posts again. FTR: I'm only talking about the 2nd Argo game, not any other game before or after. The fact is that game wasn't close despite the final score.

Yeah and what everyone else is saying is the final score was close despite a terrible bomber effort. No one is moving goal posts, just saying that they can keep the score close even while playing a terrible game. You really are daft sometimes. If you pulled your head out of your ass time to time and actually looked at what people were saying you wouldn't come across so obtuse.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah and what everyone else is saying is the final score was close despite a terrible bomber effort. No one is moving goal posts, just saying that they can keep the score close even while playing a terrible game. You really are daft sometimes. If you pulled your head out of your ass time to time and actually looked at what people were saying you wouldn't come across so obtuse.

Now on to 'Do you expect them to be THAT bad every game?' How's that not moving the goalposts? 

Your head is so far up the Bombers butts that you might as well check for polyps while your there.

The final score flattered us and everyone knows it. We didn't keep the score close. They owned us (450 yards of offence, 40 minutes TOP, 25% of our passing came on 1 play) and I'm sure everyone including the players and coaches knows that too. Eventually we lost by 7, but we were down by 14 with just over 2 minutes to go and they didn't bother to kick an easy FG at the end to be up by 10.

You and others want to shine the turd and focus on it being a 7 point loss instead of calling a spade a spade (or F'ing shovel if you prefer). When we were a crappy team, hope was all we had to cling to, so we had to look for any silver lining, ignore the reality and find the 3 or 4 plays that went our way. We're not that team any more. We're a contender. Time to put down the blue kool-aid and to see things as they are, not how you wish they were.