GDT - Week 3 - The Champs @ Argos

JCon

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

It should only rankle you for one week,I'm not one bit concerned with O'Shea and his coaching because of 1 loss.

Mos will come around no doubt. To be fair challenges has never been his strong suit. And he's always been Ride or die with his guys like Nelson. 

I'm sure he will be grinding hard and pushing the team to bounce back in a big way vs Calgary. I expect a thorough but whupping next week. 

Well, sometimes you miss a game because of family reasons and such… reading the recap here, probably better for my health to have not watched it 😁… anyways, I’m probably not going to lose too much sleep over this one…

1) bombers weren’t going to go 14-0 so I expected a few hiccups along the way… got some good film on what not to do and where to improve

2) Argos are a good team… not sure how good yet, but I definitely see them in the mix for top of the east…

3) beating a team in back-to-back weeks is very difficult, no matter the opponent…

4) I’m shocked no rider trolls have showed up yet 😆

let’s regroup and focus on Calgary… hopefully we’ll get one more shot at Toronto in early Dec in Hamilton…

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Well, sometimes you miss a game because of family reasons and such… reading the recap here, probably better for my health to have not watched it 😁… anyways, I’m probably not going to lose too much sleep over this one…

Yep, on vacation and had to miss this one, checking scores and getting some updates probably the best one to miss. Sounds like nothing was working. 

On to the next one.

I had to watch this game in the tiniest Saskatchewan small town bar in among some of the biggest rednecks.... Like Corner Gas crossed with LetterKenny.... Not the best day ever. Ha ha. But... I'm already looking forward to Calgary next Sunday. Let's beat the piss outta those assholes.... 

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Dismal performance...IF we don't get more offence expect more of the same..We just generally stunk on all phases of the game and brutal reffing didn't help....Coaches can hang their heads after that one

Agreed... it going to be reminiscent of the Swaggerville days- the Defense will carry the offense kicking and screaming to victory until they burnout. 

Wow just read through this thread. Some of you need to take a deep breath and have a beer. You can't just cut everyone lol. Wtf?

As for the game. Talk about being out coached all you want. But coaches can't tackle, catch, block or cover. Lawler "Mr.hands" dropped 3? But everyone is going hard on Bailey (who didn't have a good game but did score some points). Oliveira needs to start looking at holes instead of just putting his head down. The Oline played like hot ******* garbage. No holes for the RB and no time for Collaros. 

Defense should only practice tackles this week. Absolutely brutal. The Dline played well, but like I said....******* tackle!

Not sure why we kicked off twice, or why Augustine isn't getting any touches, or why crapper is still being carted out there. I said it last game and it's still true, his kicks don't look right. They aren't pro quality.

Brutal game all around. Considering they were never really out of it says a lot about the overall talent of this team. If they're going to lose. Losing to the east is the way to do it.

Now everyone step away from the ledge.

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The Oline played like hot ******* garbage. No holes for the RB and no time for Collaros. 

agree, I keep,saying that but I have no cred. 

meanwhile  dufus32notasgoodasdad   in  edmonton gets uge holes to run through; 

and collaros has been running for his life a lot.  made it workmfor two games, but not this time. wasnt being compared to flutie for nothing.

Edited by Mark F

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Wow just read through this thread. Some of you need to take a deep breath and have a beer. You can't just cut everyone lol. Wtf?

As for the game. Talk about being out coached all you want. But coaches can't tackle, catch, block or cover. Lawler "Mr.hands" dropped 3? But everyone is going hard on Bailey (who didn't have a good game but did score some points). Oliveira needs to start looking at holes instead of just putting his head down. The Oline played like hot ******* garbage. No holes for the RB and no time for Collaros. 

Defense should only practice tackles this week. Absolutely brutal. The Dline played well, but like I said....******* tackle!

Not sure why we kicked off twice, or why Augustine isn't getting any touches, or why crapper is still being carted out there. I said it last game and it's still true, his kicks don't look right. They aren't pro quality.

Brutal game all around. Considering they were never really out of it says a lot about the overall talent of this team. If they're going to lose. Losing to the east is the way to do it.

Now everyone step away from the ledge.

Bailey played especially bad. Not just with the easiest drops. His routes and blocks were bad. 

The ol under performed for sure.  But part of that is running soo little. Just like we tired out our d we did the same to the ol. They aren't used to 40 pass plays a game. Toronto played the run the same as last week. 7 8 men in the box vs 5 ol and 1 wr chipping. They had a body in the hole and a man free off the edge. But we ran the same running play 4 times in a row. With little chance of success. We didn't use the sweep or end around or play action. That's on buck. 

Only thing I can think is Mos thought the sun was gonna be a major issue in the 2nd half. 

Crappyy yeah I mean I'd rather take the chances with legs. He's very good with punting. 

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Bailey played especially bad. Not just with the easiest drops. His routes and blocks were bad. 

The ol under performed for sure.  But part of that is running soo little. Just like we tired out our d we did the same to the ol. They aren't used to 40 pass plays a game. Toronto played the run the same as last week. 7 8 men in the box vs 5 ol and 1 wr chipping. They had a body in the hole and a man free off the edge. But we ran the same running play 4 times in a row. With little chance of success. We didn't use the sweep or end around or play action. That's on buck. 

Only thing I can think is Mos thought the sun was gonna be a major issue in the 2nd half. 

Crappyy yeah I mean I'd rather take the chances with legs. He's very good with punting. 

Whatever happened to the toss play? Reverse pivot away from the running back & then toss to the back. Slots seal inside & WR that side blocks first man he sees. No one runs that play anymore. Probaly hard to do from the shotgun. Another play we never see anymore is the Shovel Pass. If teams set it up it's pretty effecive. 

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Crapper being cut this week, is a good way coorecting the error that was last week.

Didn't we originally draft Crapigna a few years ago? He was highly regarded back then like Lieggio is now

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Whatever happened to the toss play? Reverse pivot away from the running back & then toss to the back. Slots seal inside & WR that side blocks first man he sees. No one runs that play anymore. Probaly hard to do from the shotgun. Another play we never see anymore is the Shovel Pass. If teams set it up it's pretty effecive. 

I agree...We have to start varying things.....Predictability on offence is easy pickings for the opposition's D...We have the talent to do much more than what Buck is showing so far

Edited by Stickem

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Didn't we originally draft Crapigna a few years ago? He was highly regarded back then like Lieggio is now

We run it to demski and didn't show it at all. Just poor Playcall. 

Stamps drafted crappy. We drafted felix Ménard-Brière a few years ago. He was on the pr for a bit but wasn't beating out medlock. He's with bc now. 

The other one was Sergio Castillo. Who kicked 86 percent in 2018 and 91 percent in 2019. I'd give him a look  

Edited by wbbfan

5 minutes ago, Fox Creek AB Rider Fan said:

Watched the game yesterday , bad officiating imo on the Bombers especially the unnecessary roughness on Brandon Alexander . That was a clean hit from where I seen it , not having Demski hurt for sure , boy your D was incredible caused a couple turnovers. 

Lost in all this was Jackson Jeffcoats performance on the edge. Since the play offs in 2019 he's taken a big step forward. His performance against Toronto was one of the most dominant elite pass rush games this year. If Toronto wasn't throwing on 1 and 3 step half the game he would've had 6 sacks. 

That rook maier better watch his butt next week. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Lost in all this was Jackson Jeffcoats performance on the edge. Since the play offs in 2019 he's taken a big step forward. His performance against Toronto was one of the most dominant elite pass rush games this year. If Toronto wasn't throwing on 1 and 3 step half the game he would've had 6 sacks. 

That rook maier better watch his butt next week. 

Oh ya for sure Jeffcoat is a beast 

Still feel this might be the norm in back to back situations this season. Very rarely in any sport does a team win 2 straight against the same team. Lots of b2b this year likely makes for an interesting record.  If I'm betting on winner vs loser I take who lost the week b4 winning in these scenarios 

Edited by Goalie

24 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Was out on a fishing trip and listened to the Argos feed on Sirius. I have no idea how the game went, because the Argos crew is a bunch of cheerleading, unprofessional hacks. What an awful broadcast.

Who was the analyst who replaced Schultzie? That can't be easy. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Was out on a fishing trip and listened to the Argos feed on Sirius. I have no idea how the game went, because the Argos crew is a bunch of cheerleading, unprofessional hacks. What an awful broadcast.

Sounds much like the officiating crew for the game.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy