week 3 other games

Mark F

12 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

They simply hitched the wagon to the wrong horse. Happens in sports all the time.

But how brain dead can one be to choose an injury prone QB on a complete down slide of his career over a guy who is young , healthy, and has a way higher upside and at that moment was vastly superior to the old injured QB.  

I can't imagine any CFL expert would ever choose to dump Arbuckle for Nichols.  

34 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But how brain dead can one be to choose an injury prone QB on a complete down slide of his career over a guy who is young , healthy, and has a way higher upside and at that moment was vastly superior to the old injured QB.  

I can't imagine any CFL expert would ever choose to dump Arbuckle for Nichols. 

I don't know why they did it - I'm not Arbuckle, nor do I represent the RedBlacks organization. There may be very legitimate, non-football reasons for making that decision. It could also be they were starstruck by Nichols' record before his injury, and thought the rebound would be much more drastic. People make mistakes, it happens.

Riders look pretty good. Defence will be tough for anyone to play against. A little worried about the offence and the inability to create big plays. Losing Evans and JWL is not going to help. Labour day/Banjo bowl will be a big test. Will be interesting to see how the Riders and Bombers stack up as I still believe they are the two best teams in the league even after the bombers showing yesterday. 

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

Riders look pretty good. Defence will be tough for anyone to play against. A little worried about the offence and the inability to create big plays. Losing Evans and JWL is not going to help. Labour day/Banjo bowl will be a big test. Will be interesting to see how the Riders and Bombers stack up as I still believe they are the two best teams in the league even after the bombers showing yesterday. 

That score flattered the Bombers. I agree about the bombers and riders being 1a and 1b. Interested to see how next week goes against Cgy.

33 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That score flattered the Bombers. I agree about the bombers and riders being 1a and 1b. Interested to see how next week goes against Cgy.

CGY went from looking like crap to playing a solid game. I think next week will be more of a measuring stick for the stamps then the bombers. I didn't watch the Bombers game but the score flattering them is kind of what I saw on here and twitter. The reality is in a full season even the best teams are going to have 1 or 2 games where they are off for whatever reason, it sounds like that was the Bombers yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

CGY went from looking like crap to playing a solid game. I think next week will be more of a measuring stick for the stamps then the bombers. I didn't watch the Bombers game but the score flattering them is kind of what I saw on here and twitter. The reality is in a full season even the best teams are going to have 1 or 2 games where they are off for whatever reason, it sounds like that was the Bombers yesterday. 

Honestly CGY didn't impress me all that much this week. MTL lost that game more than CGY won it. VA made all kinds of bad throws, not only into coverage, but just straight up missed open rec. 

But yeah, no one is going to win them all. And TO is a good team. The Bombers have no free spaces this year (Ott). Losing to the east is not that big of a deal.

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I don't know why they did it - I'm not Arbuckle, nor do I represent the RedBlacks organization. There may be very legitimate, non-football reasons for making that decision. It could also be they were starstruck by Nichols' record before his injury, and thought the rebound would be much more drastic. People make mistakes, it happens.

I think it entirely boils down to Nichols and Flanders knowing the system inside and out. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And they'll do the same if Maier turns out to be another Arbuckle. His contract has become a yoke around the organization's neck yet they'll stick with him. They couldn't afford to keep other players. What's the point???

They've always been a next man up team but they are stuck on blm. It's gonna break them. Their only real player loyalty. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They've always been a next man up team but they are stuck on blm. It's gonna break them. Their only real player loyalty. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Huff learned from Wally. He has no loyalty to players when it comes to money. Except Mitchell. He's long past his prime. He'll become another Matt Nichols out there because he is so banged up. 

Speaking of Matt Nichols, He looks like he's come to the end of the road as a qb. He just can't do it anymore. RedBlack fans must wonder what LaPo & Desjardins were smoking when they traded away Nick Arbuckle for Nichols. As bad as our offense looked yesterday, I'm still glad LaPo is gone. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Huff learned from Wally. He has no loyalty to players when it comes to money. Except Mitchell. He's long past his prime. He'll become another Matt Nichols out there because he is so banged up. 

Speaking of Matt Nichols, He looks like he's come to the end of the road as a qb. He just can't do it anymore. RedBlack fans must wonder what LaPo & Desjardins were smoking when they traded away Nick Arbuckle for Nichols. As bad as our offense looked yesterday, I'm still glad LaPo is gone. 

Yeah its puzzling really. Looks good on blm and dicky though. 

Nichols is toast. And with dom Davis they don't even have a prayer in the wings. 

I'm glad plop is gone too. Buck may or may not be the answer but plop is not the answer at all. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nichols is toast. And with dom Davis they don't even have a prayer in the wings. 

I'm glad plop is gone too. Buck may or may not be the answer but plop is not the answer at all. 

Desjardins & LaPo made Jennings the scapegoat for the ReBlacks terrible 2019 season. No idea why Dom Davis wasn't as well as he is actually a huge downgrade from Nichols which says a lot. Probably because he could be re-signed on the cheap. Davis could have stepped up in 2019 when Jennings struggled but he didn't. He's had nearly a decade to figure it out but hasn't. His ceiling was reached years ago. He's a waste of a roster spot. 

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Desjardins & LaPo made Jennings the scapegoat for the ReBlacks terrible 2019 season. No idea why Dom Davis wasn't as well as he is actually a huge downgrade from Nichols which says a lot. Probably because he could be re-signed on the cheap. Davis could have stepped up in 2019 when Jennings struggled but he didn't. He's had nearly a decade to figure it out but hasn't. His ceiling was reached years ago. He's a waste of a roster spot. 

Yep. Maybe he thought dd could be streveler and knew the system idk. Maybe plop just isn't capable of making player personnel decisions. I remember using a di on Flanders for like 6 weeks and never weaving him in. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Maybe he thought dd could be streveler and knew the system idk. Maybe plop just isn't capable of making player personnel decisions. I remember using a di on Flanders for like 6 weeks and never weaving him in. 

I read on 3DN that Desjardins wanted to bring in Naman Roosevelt but LaPo said no. He doesn't l;ike him as a player.

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Was the question “Can you name one of the 8 offensive coordinators who did not win a Grey Cup in 2019?”