Darvin

IC Khari

Adams worked a full practice with the offense. Which is a great sign. I suspect he may rotate in place of knight. Not full starter reps I think they'll ease him into it. He's missed a lot of reps and conditioning. Getting Darvin back and moving him into wolis wide out spot and moving woli to sb would be huge. 

Harris took offensive reps for the first time in weeks today. Yesterday he took 1 on 1 reps. Harris I think would be a ld or bjb return If all goes well. 

10 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Hope he plays. Probably one of the only Bombers that talks good trash and backs it up with his playstyle to match. He always follows through on blocking assignments, too.

Oh yeah and he's a great deep threat, but I think everyone here would know him for that.

Yeah he definitely seems to be the type of player that gets better when the trash talking ramps up. 

Edited by Bigblue204

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Wasn't today his first day back full time 

Nope. Tues/Weds full practice with the 1s. Had been a half participant last week (similar to Harris this week). Today's practice will be closed but expect to see Adams listed as a starter on the depth chart tomorrow. 

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nope. Tues/Weds full practice with the 1s. Had been a half participant last week (similar to Harris this week). Today's practice will be closed but expect to see Adams listed as a starter on the depth chart tomorrow. 

Thatd be huge. Hope they leave Lawler and move woli to sb. 

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I see the comparison but I'd take a prime Edwards over a prime Adams,or can't we just have both of them in their prime right now??!?!!

Yeah I like Darvin but I don't see the comparison. 7 years 5 1k plus seasons. Darvin 5 years 2 years over 1k. With just over 1k and 1100. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Thatd be huge. Hope they leave Lawler and move woli to sb. 

Yeah I like Darvin but I don't see the comparison. 7 years 5 1k plus seasons. Darvin 5 years 2 years over 1k. With just over 1k and 1100. 

I think that is more indicative of how bad the other receivers around Edwards were, as opposed to how much better than Darvin he was. Also, our current O (notably 2019) was definitely a run first offense.

2 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think that is more indicative of how bad the other receivers around Edwards were, as opposed to how much better than Darvin he was. Also, our current O (notably 2019) was definitely a run first offense.

There were years that he did have a decent supporting cast, Stegall,Armstrong,Edwards, that's not too shabby. I believe they were all together for the 2007 season iirc.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Edwards was apart of the last monster wr core we had with Armstrong and milt. If any thing he had better wrs around him. He was also here when Fred Reid was destroying the league. 

Te was an elite wr in the cfl for years. Maybe the whole league in 2010. Darvin has been a fringe Allstar twice. Tes first year here is still better than Darvins best too. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Edwards did not disappear for long stretches of time as Darvin has with us.   But both guys were totally different types of receivers so it's not really an apples to apples comparison.  Either way Darvin on the field is an improvement.

Darvin is a perfect no2 wr in this era. And right now that's what he is with Lawler being the man. 

The big difference between Darvin and a lot of guys is he doesn't drop a lot of passes and is one of the best blocking wrs in the league. Other wise he'd be like Chris brazzell or the none elite years of  bowman. 

He disappears at times but it's not like he has 2 3 4 bad drops in a game. And he never lets up. With Lawler being the go to adams can be our homerun hitter. 

Lawler adams woli and demski is as good a 4 man crew as it gets. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Darvin is a perfect no2 wr in this era. And right now that's what he is with Lawler being the man. 

The big difference between Darvin and a lot of guys is he doesn't drop a lot of passes and is one of the best blocking wrs in the league. Other wise he'd be like Chris brazzell or the none elite years of  bowman. 

He disappears at times but it's not like he has 2 3 4 bad drops in a game. And he never lets up. With Lawler being the go to adams can be our homerun hitter. 

Lawler adams woli and demski is as good a 4 man crew as it gets. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS!

Unfortunately from a stats perspective Adams is almost going to be worse than TE by default because of how good a blocking receiver he is.

He's such an asset in that respect that Plop had him drawn in as a blocker on a TON of plays... The blocking receiver is never going to get the reception so a far more significant part of the offensive set includes plays where Darvin will never catch the ball then for Edwards who was more likely to be drawn up as the ball catcher than as the receiver blocker.

It'd be cool to see some plays for Darvin where he sets up as a blocker and then does a quick release into the middle off a pump fake - I could see defenses biting and him slipping past coverage completely.