Week 3 Practice Notes & Discussions

M.O.A.B.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Oliviera is solid but Harris is next level.. blocking running and catching.. the perfect release valve for Collaros.  Brady has yet to show he can be that release valve 

Yeah Brady has to develop as a pass catcher. But he is excellent as a blocker. Still some decision making improvements to be made but he's a beast  blocking. 

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

To be fair, they haven't used him as one.

He's had some block and release stuff but yeah not much for looks. 

When collaros scrambles or is pressured he looks to beat the d down field. He doesn't look for the short release valve. In the past that was our go to read. 

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Wouldn't mind seeing both on some 2-back schemes. Added to the fact that Demski can also carry the load every now and then. Our running game can be more unpredictable. 

For sure. Brady as a lead blocker could do some damage. The misdirection and ability to stretch the defence out laterally could open a whole lot in the seams and down field. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

May be an image of text that says 'ANDREW HARRIS RB DARVIN ADAMS WR LIMITED CALF FULL ARDARIUS STEWART WR SHOULDER KYRIE WILSON LB FULL FOOT NIC DEMSKI WR DNP HIP FLEXOR DREW WOLITARSKY DNP HIP WR w INJURY REPORT WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2021 GEOFF GRAY OL DNP THORAX FULL NOT INJURY LATED JONTRELL ROCQUEMORE LB Sponsored by: 통기T트 INJURY NJ WILLIE JEFFERSON DL DNP HIP LIMITED ANKLE/HEAD STEVEN RICHARDSON DL JACKSON JEFFCOAT DL DNP FOOT REDHA KRAMDI DB LIMITED HIP DNP HAMSTRING'

Soooo.......Thorax for Woogie......? What's up with that? 

With Grant on the 6 game I hope we look at another return man. Maybe activate devonte Williams. 

Nelson has had 1 good return but we've faced some big legs but Nelson is under 20yards per ko return. And a shade over 10 on punts. 

53 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

With Grant on the 6 game I hope we look at another return man. Maybe activate devonte Williams. 

Nelson has had 1 good return but we've faced some big legs but Nelson is under 20yards per ko return. And a shade over 10 on punts. 

Agree. Nelson doesnt impress me. I was hoping they will try McKnight on the return game last week.

Harris is miles ahead of Oliveria. Oliviera may be great later in his career, but right now he is still developing.

Even just having Harris in the lineup helps, he drastically alters opponents scheming because they have to respect that he is just such a good release valve for Collaros. Also, as a vet, he is way less likely to miss blocking assignment than Brady, which makes blitzing riskier.

Not relevant to our current injury situation, but man I miss Streveler.

28 minutes ago, BBlink said:

A microcosm of the return game was when there were 4 Argonauts in front of Nelson with zero Bombers to block for him. I wouldn't be putting it all on Nelson. I think we still have some work to do in our blocking.

I don't know **** about this, but during the radio cast, Brown seemed to indicate that Nelson was baiting them to one direction all night in order to set up the one big run where he got the corner and went around the edge. 

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

A microcosm of the return game was when there were 4 Argonauts in front of Nelson with zero Bombers to block for him. I wouldn't be putting it all on Nelson. I think we still have some work to do in our blocking.

Because he was flat footed after catching the ball. I rewatched today and he was constantly tentative with the ball. When he had blocks he wasn't decisive and that led to blockers running out of time. 

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't know **** about this, but during the radio cast, Brown seemed to indicate that Nelson was baiting them to one direction all night in order to set up the one big run where he got the corner and went around the edge. 

Idk he was flat and shaking left and right constantly.

He ran up the middle mostly save for the one he broke. But even including the 30 ish yard big return he's been sub average.