Week 3 Practice Notes & Discussions

M.O.A.B.

35 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I would rather have Darvin back than Andrew Harris. Bailey and MCKnight are definite downgrades from Adams.  We don't lose that much with Oliveira in the lineup.

I would rather have both Adams and Harris back. No slight on Oliveira, but he's not on Harris level yet. He will come to it for sure but at this point Harris is still our best option at RB. 
Adams back would mean Bailey moves as the 4th option in the receiving corp.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I would rather have both Adams and Harris back. No slight on Oliveira, but he's not on Harris level yet. He will come to it for sure but at this point Harris is still our best option at RB. 
Adams back would mean Bailey moves as the 4th option in the receiving corp.

The option of having both on the field gives us much more than our back up ni wr too. Can't wait for Harris to be healthy. Adams would be huge to have back. 

I also hope stove and Darby are healthy soon. Us grabbing an imp lber makes it seem like both wils will be out a while.  

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

I think we'll need more of an offensive output than last week vs Toronto for this week. Toronto has a very good offense and we could be screwed if our O isn't firing as Toronto showed their defense has teeth too.

if 7 points is very good...Im not to concerned with that against our defence

1 hour ago, Booch said:

if 7 points is very good...Im not to concerned with that against our defence

I like your optimism. And for the most part I share it. But there were a few plays where the QB flat out missed wide open rec. Of course there was also a horrible INT thrown by Arkbuckle too...I still like the Bombers in this one, but I suspect it will be a very close game.

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I like your optimism. And for the most part I share it. But there were a few plays where the QB flat out missed wide open rec. Of course there was also a horrible INT thrown by Arkbuckle too...I still like the Bombers in this one, but I suspect it will be a very close game.

The thing the guys in the booth missed on those over throws was the pressure from our dl. Masoli did the same. 

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Well the pick in the endzone and Demski's fumble cost us a chance at minimum another 6 points. Offense needs some work but its not like it been awful and hey, the way our D is playing that Max Hall/Justin Goltz/Brian Brohm offense from 2013 could score enough points to win games.

Also on that play Collaros saw the Tor D-line jump, he thought he had a free play and took a shot. 

That was a definite missed call by the refs, so it's hard to fault him.

42 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Also on that play Collaros saw the Tor D-line jump, he thought he had a free play and took a shot. 

That was a definite missed call by the refs, so it's hard to fault him.

I watched a replay of that one very closely (1:40 on the video below), and while I saw 2 guys jump, they were set back when they started, so they may not have actually crossed into the neutral zone before the snap of the ball.  From the angle shown, the guy at the bottom of the line (40) was very close.  An argument could be made that it was a 50/50 call by the ref, but I think he did end up offside, so yeah, missed call.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Well the pick in the endzone and Demski's fumble cost us a chance at minimum another 6 points. Offense needs some work but its not like it been awful and hey, the way our D is playing that Max Hall/Justin Goltz/Brian Brohm offense from 2013 could score enough points to win games.

Can you refrain from saying those names? I still get PTSD thinking about that era of Blue Bomber football. 

10 minutes ago, Sard said:

I watched a replay of that one very closely (1:40 on the video below), and while I saw 2 guys jump, they were set back when they started, so they may not have actually crossed into the neutral zone before the snap of the ball.  From the angle shown, the guy at the bottom of the line (40) was very close.  An argument could be made that it was a 50/50 call by the ref, but I think he did end up offside, so yeah, missed call.

Personally I don’t really care about the call, I think the main takeaway is that Collaros obviously thought it was coming so he hung up a jump ball on what he thought was a free play.

Much easier to forgive that kind of mistake compared to the kind that Arbuckle made when he gift wrapped a pick for Deatrick Nichols. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

True, however better QBing (example Collaros TD pass to Bailey) will overcome that pressure and at least give his Rec a shot.

Pressure is the primary way to counter qbing. You don't just out qb the pressure every time. No matter what qb. 

Good qbing can allow you to stand in against the rush and put up a pass if you have a quick release but if you don't have time to pin point a deep ball that isn't just gonna change. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah Toronto was very clearly rushing throws because of the pressure. 

Mbts release was much slower than Masoli whose among the fastest at getting it out of his hand. 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

How can the Bombers practice with cricket sounds on the background? I guess that is what we'll be expecting this Saturday at BMO field?  

😁

The loud noise clearly rattled Toronto into getting several penalties and miscommunications on the field.   Toronto will not do well come play off time on the road....

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The loud noise clearly rattled Toronto into getting several penalties and miscommunications on the field.   Toronto will not do well come play off time on the road....

That plus the chippiness and lack of discipline. But they've gone from 1 year away from being 1 year away to being 1 year away. 

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

How quickly some people forget. Oliveira looked okay in G1 but the second game wasn't great. There were missed assignments and other issues. Harris is one of the greatest RBs of all time. It's a big drop-off. 

Harris has been an all-star and will probably be so again. But its not as if he tore up the field in every game- there were games where he was the center of attention by the opposing defence and his production suffered. 

7 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Not when we are punting from inside the 40 yard line like we have been. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Confirmed in the Freep today that Meredith picked up an owie that has been slow to respond to treatment and is expected to return once healed.

They just needed the spot on the PR to make room for Kevin Brown according to Osh:

"He's not ready to practice, so we need his spot on the practice roster for a guy that can run around out there and take some reps off other guys.  That's all it really was."