Champs vs Argos

Nolby

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That Sums it up well. The argos d is gonna improve alot with time. Especially if they can find a good end. Ol takes longer. The argos are gonna need to commit to the run game to develop an ol. Leaving them out to dry with 40 pass plays a game is not going to develop a line. White may not be the answer at back though. 

IDK. My take was that one half of our O-Line pass blocked ok but were deficient at run block and the others were the opposite. Messy but still Week 1.

Not having Poole available sucks and Blake picked up a knock so it doesn't look so hot.

But then the Bomber D-Line isn't without some guys on the trainer's table... So maybe between another week of playing together and coming up against you guys at the right time we may squeak it out again... I mean... we did win last time we met 🙃

10 minutes ago, bluto said:

IDK. My take was that one half of our O-Line pass blocked ok but were deficient at run block and the others were the opposite. Messy but still Week 1.

Not having Poole available sucks and Blake picked up a knock so it doesn't look so hot.

But then the Bomber D-Line isn't without some guys on the trainer's table... So maybe between another week of playing together and coming up against you guys at the right time we may squeak it out again... I mean... we did win last time we met 🙃

Yes but the stamps pass rush is anemic. The argos ol was fresh going into week 1. You simply don't see good ols that can't run block well. 😄 hey if we wanna play back 2019 I'm good with that.

Also the relatively young un meshed front of Toronto is going to be really hard up with Collaros mobility and our offensive versatility. That's hard to prepare for. It demands a great deal of discipline and team work go contain a qb and stay gap sound. 

From 3DownNation:

Friday, August 13
Toronto Argonauts (1-0) at Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-0), 8:30 p.m. ET
Betting Line: Bombers -8

IG Field will play host to this week’s only matchup featuring undefeated teams as the new-look Argos take on the reigning Grey Cup champions. McLeod Bethel-Thompson was excellent against Calgary in Week 1, throwing for over 300 yards and two touchdowns, while Brady Oliveira shone in place of an injured Andrew Harris for Winnipeg.

DUNK: It’s one thing to beat a young Calgary team, quite another to win against a veteran blue and gold squad. BOMBERS

HODGE: Calgary couldn’t apply consistent pressure to McLeod Bethel-Thompson, but Winnipeg will. BOMBERS

ABBOTT: Toronto wasn’t perfect in Week 1, but I’m sold on this star-studded roster. This won’t be the type of low-scoring game Winnipeg can grind away on the ground. ARGOS

BALLANTINE: I believe in the Stampeders of old, or the Argos of current. ARGOS

FILOSO: Jefferson, Richardson and Jeffcoat all missed practice time. Even if they play, they won’t be 100 percent. Advantage: Toronto. ARGOS

GASSON: This could be sneaky good. BOMBERS 

HUDSON: Toronto was effective on a scripted first drive and a veteran-driven late field goal last week. This won’t be enough against a Winnipeg team more experienced than Calgary was. BOMBERS

LUDWIG: Winnipeg has a lot of key players who are banged up but they’re still the safe pick. Toronto is volatile and trendy, and I need to see Collaros repeat his performance. ARGOS

MCGUIRE: McBeth caught some breaks in Week 1. Won’t happen in Week 2. BOMBERS

SMITH: I don’t believe in the Argos yet. BOMBERS

ARGOS — 4
BOMBERS — 6

1 hour ago, bluto said:

I mean... we did win last time we met 🙃

Lapo ain't here no more. 

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

ABBOTT: Toronto wasn’t perfect in Week 1, but I’m sold on this star-studded roster. This won’t be the type of low-scoring game Winnipeg can grind away on the ground. ARGOS

Jokes on this guy, with the lines winnipeg has every game is a grind away on the ground game. 

Seriously do they think so little of the Bombers D? THey made the Hamilton super team look terrible offensively in week one. 

Don't get me wrong..I love the Stove and he is for sure a loss...but...Sayles really impressed, adds a bit of a different element, and I think we won't miss a beat, and I expect the D-line to control the night and I see at least 4-5 sacks of MBT and a boat load of hurries....The Jeff's are fine and you won't notice any drop in play from them.

Biggest loss is Rocquemore..but on flip side I think Jones will excell there..time to see what the new kids got tho for sure in secondary..

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

Don't get me wrong..I love the Stove and he is for sure a loss...but...Sayles really impressed, adds a bit of a different element, and I think we won't miss a beat, and I expect the D-line to control the night and I see at least 4-5 sacks of MBT and a boat load of hurries....The Jeff's are fine and you won't notice any drop in play from them.

Biggest loss is Rocquemore..but on flip side I think Jones will excell there..time to see what the new kids got tho for sure in secondary..

Briggs looked good in spot duty in 2019

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Briggs looked good in spot duty in 2019

He's gonna surprise people imo. Antigha could easily slot in at wil. Hansen broke camp as a lber with us in 2019. Maybe the only global that could start right now. They could've brought back a camp cut or easily snatched a fa or pr imp lber this week. 

Briggs can play. Rocquemore is an outlier in his ability to cover ground and is off the charts for field athleticism in general. And how far advanced his play is compared to his level of experience. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

See you at the game, folks! For those that can't attend in person, I will have a beer for each of you. 

Crown Royal black please...and gin for my good friend DoD so he will bless us with his brilliant post game analysis...

56 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

^ This. Moving Alexander to safety was the most impactful change during the GC run

another change involving a guy named Zach might have helped too...lol...