CFL Week 2 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

johnzo

I don't understand why people are shitting on the rider fans that come to this board - of course they are going to pump the tires of their team when they are doing well... They are not being rude or insulting and singling people out...

Anyways- lets be better than those certain chuckle heads on RF.  C'mon, lets have have fun and not be assholes to one another- CFL is back and that is awesome, that is something we can ALL celebrate.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

I love this place, it is actually comical coming here and reading the takes of how trash the Riders are. They just steamrolled a team that you guys beat last week by way less of a margin but that win shouldnt count. I dont know why some of you guys have such a issue saying the Riders may actually have a good football team. Also Cody Fajardo looks like a starting QB not a medicore back up, hey booch?

These are the same Saskatchewan Roughriders that lost a Grey Cup for being unable to count (i) ? The ones that took multiple consecutive offside penalties from their own 1 yard line last night (ii)? The ones whose mascot was lambasted for going overboard on a stuffed lion, committing a sexually explicit act at a family event (iii)? The same team that overspent and broke rules regarding the salary cap and committed roster violations, in order to go 5-13 (iv)?

The same 'Riders founded before World War 1 (in 1910), but didn't win a Grey Cup until after mankind successfully reached space (v)? The same Riders that have the same number of Grey Cup wins as the University of Toronto Varsity Blues, a defunct team that hasn't played in the Grey Cup since 1926 (vi), which was the same year the first SAT was administered (vii)?

This is the franchise you're complaining isn't being given respect? On their biggest rivals' forum? Are the 2021 Saskatchewan Roughriders the real deal? Maybe. Historically speaking though, as a franchise, you guys are trash.

Sources:
(i) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77L3gNDCUnw
(ii)
This was last night, I'm not sourcing it.
(iii) https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/sexual-assault-advocates-gainer-reaction-1.5222683
(iv)
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders-roster-violations-1.3717687
(v
) The first man to reach outer space was Yuri Gagarin, which happened in April 11, 1961. Your first Grey Cup was in 1966.
(vi) https://varsityblues.ca/sports/2008/7/28/FIGURE_0728085342.aspx?path=football

(vii) https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sats/where/timeline.html

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It's certainly not good over all coaching. Discipline goes hand in hand with head coaching. But Maas has done a good job this year with a game plan book and call that is good for Fajardo and covering up that oline. That's no easy feat. 

I think Dickenson is gonna be out soon enough and Maas their hc. Probably end of this year. Or if they have an extended losing streak.

Leaving Fajardo in when the game was in hand and he had been rocked twice and limped off was the peak of bad coaching. 

Yup.. basically.

32 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't understand why people are shitting on the rider fans that come to this board - of course they are going to pump the tires of their team when they are doing well... They are not being rude or insulting and singling people out...

Anyways- lets be better than those certain chuckle heads on RF.  C'mon, lets have have fun and not be assholes to one another- CFL is back and that is awesome, that is something we can ALL celebrate.

Agree but the Riders do suck no matter what. :)

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And well deserved. That was a **** kicking. Makes sense they are at the top of the standings. Probably power rankings too. 

Doesn't matter though, Riders still suck. 

😁

Riders look legit though, should be an awesome LDC and BB.

Yup it’s gonna be another classic between the 2 excellent teams . I really enjoyed watching your Bombers they have a dominating defence as do the Riders it’s gonna be fun .

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Totally agree , well said .

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Worst Rider fan of all time? Migs. Worst Bomber fan? That Lyle dude who owns a bookstore on Osborne. Former fired CJOB media guy.

You mean Lyle/Nate the fake Bomber fan.   Spent hours refuting his insults and lies about the Bombers.....until I realized that that was essentially a 24/7 Job.   So I simply gave it up.....

9 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

Serious question, why come though? I have zero interest in going to any other teams sites.

Personally, I think sometimes it is good to get non-Bomber fan input on items. Obviously everyone has differing views, but things can get too rosy if they are doing well and sometimes other non-Bomber fans can see things more critically.

Also, some people just do it to troll, to each their own.

Nate/Lyle is actually Morris Bay. Don't think he was ever at 'OB. Was at CKLQ for a bit back in the day and spent some time in Morden/Winkler before it was a Golden West stronghold. A veteran of the industry prior to opening his bookstore in The Village... 

14 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

Serious question, why come though? I have zero interest in going to any other teams sites.

I find that some of the fans here who gripe about fans from other sites coming here are also the ones who visit the rival sites themselves and criticize fans there of doing exactly what they themselves do here.  

I for one welcome fans from other sites. No one rags on Bluto for being here as an Argo fan. I get the knee jerk reaction to dump on all things Rider, but it doesn’t give us licence to be d*cks to individual people because they root for the green and we can hide behind a keyboard. If they become trolls, they will out themselves soon enough (see Migs, Zontar). But if we unilaterally kick off everyone who trolls, there would be a few Bomber fans here who would also qualify for termination. And rooting for another team is not the sole criteria for being a troll. 

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I find that some of the fans here who gripe about fans from other sites coming here are also the ones who visit the rival sites themselves and criticize fans there of doing exactly what they themselves do here.  

I for one welcome fans from other sites. No one rags on Bluto for being here as an Argo fan. I get the knee jerk reaction to dump on all things Rider, but it doesn’t give us licence to be d*cks to individual people because they root for the green and we can hide behind a keyboard. If they become trolls, they will out themselves soon enough (see Migs, Zontar). But if we unilaterally kick off everyone who trolls, there would be a few Bomber fans here who would also qualify for termination. And rooting for another team is not the sole criteria for being a troll. 

Bluto keeps it real tho...is respectful and calls it as it is....he's a lot different than the western neighbors

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

Bluto keeps it real tho...is respectful and calls it as it is....he's a lot different than the western neighbors

Name one disrespectful thing Fox Creek has said here. Has actually been quite complementary about the Bombers, and taken the good natured jabs with good humour. And for that, is being told to leave and go back to the inbred site and stop posting here. And yet you complain about the Rider trash dumping on rival fans on their site like we are so superior here. Every fan base has their jerks, but how about we give our new visitors a chance to enhance this board before painting them with the same brush we reserve for the worst of them. 

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bluto is NOT some deranged melon head... He's a veteran of the message boards and, for lack of a better term, "gets it"... 

And yet from day one here Bluto was given the benefit of the doubt here, veteran or not. Just because we don’t like the Rider team and can cherry pick certain fans who are a problem (they exist on every team, BTW, even our own), no need to instantly drive away a rival fan who wants to engage in football talk and unfairly label them as deranged because they like the colour green and for no other reason. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Nate/Lyle is actually Morris Bay. Don't think he was ever at 'OB. Was at CKLQ for a bit back in the day and spent some time in Morden/Winkler before it was a Golden West stronghold. A veteran of the industry prior to opening his bookstore in The Village... 

That guy has some issues. It was like he was stalking Lyle Bauer. He seemed obsessed. Then there were the insults & bad nicknames. Nutbar. 

Riders Oline looked way better than I thought it would. Especially with a rookie LT. Now....is that due to lack of talent in the DL? Let's not pretend that Hamiltons DL is good right now....especially since there was no Wynn. Will be interesting to see what it's like against one of the better teams.

34 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Riders Oline looked way better than I thought it would. Especially with a rookie LT. Now....is that due to lack of talent in the DL? Let's not pretend that Hamiltons DL is good right now....especially since there was no Wynn. Will be interesting to see what it's like against one of the better teams.

The Rider OL, and DL for that matter, have had the pleasure of playing two of the weakest teams in the trenches so far this year. Hamilton's DL is almost non existent and their OL is definitely a lot worse than 2019. BC's DL is not their strength by any stretch of the imagination, and their DL is below average. I will give Sask full credit for their victories this year but I still think their OL and DL are 2nd rate and will be exposed when they play the teams that are good in the trenches. I really don't see them being able to compete in the trenches with us, Argos, or Montreal.

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I got no problem with the long time rider fans who put up with the crap years and have some humility from that. It's the Johnny-come-latelys that act like they are the greatest fans in the world of the greatest team in the world that can get ******. 

Fair point. So how about we figure out what type of fans Fox Creek and Steve the3rd actually are before sh*ting on them and telling them to leave. Because we haven’t seen enough yet of either type of extreme to make a conclusion. 

This is the CFL.   Which consists of the Bombers and a number of other teams.  
Any fan from elsewhere, who can give information about their team, contribute to rational discussion, or add different some perceptions.....should always be welcomed.
Of course, some may not fall into any of the above categories.......but have trust, that our excellent mods would deal with it.  

Aside from football, Bluto posted on other threads, and I recall, was a strident hard right type.  ant remember if he is a maga.

the few saskies that are posting arefine by me. I unite with people that hate the Bo, and dickensen show.

cant recall anything theyve posted that was insulting or obnoxious.

Edited by Mark F