CFL Week 2 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

johnzo

3 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Yeh Whitehead looked like he had the potential to be a star in Winnipeg - Even on the bench the guy showed himself to be an excellent teammate being happy for the success of the team and his teammates (cheering from the bench)...

IMO he's also showing that he worked on his route running since our Grey Cup run... he's doing little things to get separation that aren't just about speed that he didn't do in 2019.

His usage here was horribad. 

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

How long does BC keep that kicker?

How is that guy not cut yet?   Brutal stuff.  

3 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Yeh Whitehead looked like he had the potential to be a star in Winnipeg - Even on the bench the guy showed himself to be an excellent teammate being happy for the success of the team and his teammates (cheering from the bench)...

IMO he's also showing that he worked on his route running since our Grey Cup run... he's doing little things to get separation that aren't just about speed that he didn't do in 2019.

He is now playing in a system that has a QB who can push the ball 10 - 30 yards out with no issues.   Whitehead unfortunately was handcuffed while playing with us.    Throwing to that guy while he is in stride in open field is deadly.   

33 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree about Lucky to a certain extent. He was misused here for the most part. But the things he excels at aren't that hard to shut down. I don't expect him to keep this pace up, but I am rooting that he does! Just not against the Bombers.

Speed is the hardest thing to defend in football. 

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Speed is the hardest thing to defend in football. 

Only if you're speed is a threat in multiple ways - like the Milt Stegalls and Kamar Jordens of the world

If your threat as a speedster is mostly running fly routes or long posts, the D just has to drop a guy back, read the play and take the correct angle. 

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Only if you're speed is a threat in multiple ways - like the Milt Stegalls and Kamar Jordens of the world

If your threat as a speedster is mostly running fly routes or long posts, the D just has to drop a guy back, read the play and take the correct angle. 

Even then it still is. It's why speed is the most sought after commodity in football. Also to say that's all lucky is is beyond silly. He's a top notch return man with tremendous yac capabilities. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

It really isn't.

Yeah it really is. What do you think is more valuable I'd love to see your argument stacked up against all the value put on speed. 

45 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Even then it still is. It's why speed is the most sought after commodity in football. Also to say that's all lucky is is beyond silly. He's a top notch return man with tremendous yac capabilities. 

Yeah it really is. What do you think is more valuable I'd love to see your argument stacked up against all the value put on speed. 

What's more valuable?  I would say - high end OL and dependable possession receivers. 

Andrew Lauderdale makes first career start at LT for Riders, draws in for Brett Boyko

4X4A0415-696x464.jpg Photo courtesy: Saskatchewan Roughriders

The Saskatchewan Roughriders will start Andrew Lauderdale at left tackle against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in Week 2.

Saskatoon native Brett Boyko started on Cody Fajardo’s blindside in the Riders Week 1 win against the B.C. Lions. However, according to the league’s injury report, an illness put Boyko on the disabled list.

(From a quick look at Lauderdale's shorts, I would say he is feeling very tentative.)

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It's not that speed isn't important. It's that it's not the hardest thing to defend. Which is why the great rec stay great when their speed starts to slow down. And players who can't run good routes or have questionable hands but loads of speed don't last.

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Why would the riders make a change on the OL? I thought their group was good. 

The story line of the season for the Riders is the mono outbreak on the OLine. They have 2 or 3 guys down with it already and could potentially have more diagnosed in the coming days. With people taking time off it might be hard for them to field an oline. I heard they only had 6 at practice this week becayse of mono/injuries. 

38 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

The story line of the season for the Riders is the mono outbreak on the OLine. They have 2 or 3 guys down with it already and could potentially have more diagnosed in the coming days. With people taking time off it might be hard for them to field an oline. I heard they only had 6 at practice this week becayse of mono/injuries. 

Maybe they shouldn’t have been kissing so much after an average performance

3 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

You think with the health protocols that are in place a outbreak of anything would be tell a lot about how they are following them.