CFL Week 1 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's the most Trevor Harris loss ever. Little time on the clock and a long way to the endzone and he's throwing 5 yard passes expecting the receiver to run for yards. No **** they ran outta time before they got to the endzone. 

And throwing those short passes to the middle of the field not allowing for a chance to get out of bounds to stop the clock (except once and that was Wilder’s hustle more than the location of the pass). 

I feel bad for Nichols who clearly isn't right. But man... Who the **** else is out there for Ottawa to pick up? Like McGuire is actually probably Lapos next best option and he's under contract to us for now... 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I feel bad for Nichols who clearly isn't right. But man... Who the **** else is out there for Ottawa to pick up? Like McGuire is actually probably Lapos next best option and he's under contract to us for now... 

There's no way Davis would be worse than that.  Nichols couldn't throw a ball longer than 5 yards that wasn't an absolute lob like how you'd throw a pass to a great grandma.

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And throwing those short passes to the middle of the field not allowing for a chance to get out of bounds to stop the clock (except once and that was Wilder’s hustle more than the location of the pass). 

Has Jamie Elizondo heard of a post route?

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I noticed this shortly after the pick too. I never thought it'd hold up till the freaking end.

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Flanders isn't the answer either. 

I suspect a lot of pr poaching soon and air lifts. 

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's no way Davis would be worse than that.  Nichols couldn't throw a ball longer than 5 yards that wasn't an absolute lob like how you'd throw a pass to a great grandma.

Has Jamie Elizondo heard of a post route?

Or even a fade or literally any thing in the world to walker in the endzone. 

Looks like Ottawa has the worst o line in the league. by a lot.

hard to fix quickly.

streveller

aside from his own skills, just based on sideline tv shots of a game of his team, kyler murray kind of snubbed chris..... going to give murray a high five or something

so they brought in his, murray, childhood hero colt mccoy from texas. to help him. blech if true.

childish crap.

murray gives me the impression of being yet another full of himself athlete.

Edited by Mark F

Ssk vs bc....was not what I was expecting, but not hard to believe it happened either. The home advantage is real in Regina and playing against a pure rookie....inwouldnt be too excited about that W considering how it played out. Ssk vs Ham will be interesting to see which rider team shows up. Also....thought the qb situation with the lions was fairly bush league looking. In the end it was the right call I guess...as it turn the momentum 

To vs cgy....this one played out basically how I thought it would. Cgys new players showed some flashes but they will need time to gel and in a short season that might be an issue.

Edm vs ott....who saw Ott winning this? Lol. Wow both offenses look bad. Edm is more of the same with Harris...stats but no points. Nichols and Flanders had better figure out time travel cause neither looked like they belonged on the field. Especially Flanders imo. Looked out of shape and seemed slow. Nichols arm strength looks questionable to say the least. Bordering on Micheal Reilly bad. 

41 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

would. Cgys new players showed some flashes

yeah flashes of arrogance, players come and go, but that arrogance seems to be part of the team that is permanent.

get a first down, maybe dont act like you are the best receiver in cfl history.

what a bunch of pukes.

love seeing that team lose.

thankful the bombers are the antithesis of calgary in that way.

Edited by Mark F

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's no way Davis would be worse than that. 

Maybe you get a few extra yards out of Davis but you're also getting plus two or three picks per game. Dude is an interception machine and they're ugly picks too.

Edited by johnzo

27 minutes ago, Mark F said:

yeah flashes of arrogance, players come and go, but that arrogance seems to be part of the team that is permanent.

what a bunch of pukes.

Sask iseven worse

32 minutes ago, Mark F said:

yikes, O line coach cor Redblacks is Bob Wylie.

hopefully he can get it tuned up.

Very surprised by this. For a guy that people (me included) talked about as being such a legendary coach he sure doesn't stay in one place a lot. 

He's coached OLine/tight Ends for 12 pro teams. I guess he isn't kept on whenever the HC in his program gets the pipe. 

42 minutes ago, Mark F said:

yikes, O line coach cor Redblacks is Bob Wylie.

hopefully he can get it tuned up.

If you look back at his career, he is usually gone from the organization by the time the line is playing like it should. And thats not at all a shot at him. Just the reality of football, it can take a year or two before olines gel. Ottawas oline will be good, likely not this year though.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

what a bunch of pukes.

That was like Wilder last night. Final drive he makes a solid play and gets hit out of bounds...team is still losing...gets up and poses like he did something special and then has to hustle back to the huddle...and we all know the outcome. 

Just thought it looked real dumb on his part. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:.

That was like Wilder last night. Final drive he makes a solid play and gets hit out of bounds...team is still losing...gets up and poses like he did something special and then has to hustle back to the huddle...and we all know the outcome. 

Just thought it looked real dumb on his part. 

The guy who’s somehow still getting work based on a good half season five years ago… I would take a raw rookie over him any day…