CFL Week 1 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

M.O.A.B.

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

The real question is... how much long term damage did they just do to Mike Reilly? I am by no means a Lions' fan, but I'd rather beat them fair and square than have him sit the rest of the season due to poor personnel management. Guy was clearly in pain and not fit to play, but made a gutsy effort.

It was awful seeing Campbell get interviewed at halftime and say “the most important thing is to do right by Reilly and his health and that means Nathan plays” and then have Reilly jog out to start the second half 

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

It was awful seeing Campbell get interviewed at halftime and say “the most important thing is to do right by Reilly and his health and that means Nathan plays” and then have Reilly jog out to start the second half 

Dunigan said it right. They have to tell Reilly he's not dressing. He'd play with one arm & leg. That is a failure of the organization. If they lost Reilly for 2 months after this game then heads should roll.

Wow. PVRd this game and just skipped through it. I caught a lot of rookie mistakes and penalties by BC early on and a lot of slant passes and short runs from Sask that opened up the game early for them. Completely different second half. I think if Riley had started the game and played a full 4 Qs they win that. He picked the Riders D apart in that second half. Also a few misses by the rookie BC kicker and this game goes to BC. Fun game to watch on a Friday night though. 

The CFL is hoping that single game betting will save the league & give each team about $2 million per season. Not after this fiasco. The CFL will have to fix this & fast so it never happens again. The last thing the league needs is for bettors to think the CFL is too risky to put any money on games because coaches are playing tricks with the roster.  Rick Campbell is the HC. Even if he didn't know Reilly was going in he has the final say on personnel. He should have said NO. Especially after what he said to Farhan Lalji. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The CFL is hoping that single game betting will save the league & give each team about $2 million per season. Not after this fiasco. The CFL will have to fix this & fast so it never happens again. The last thing the league needs is for bettors to think the CFL is too risky to put any money on games because coaches are playing tricks with the roster.  Rick Campbell is the HC. Even if he didn't know Reilly was going in he has the final say on personnel. He should have said NO. Especially after what he said to Farhan Lalji. 

You bet Sask to cover the 6 point spread and the under, didn’t you?   

No roster tricks, Reilly was dressed and on the field, which meant he could go in at any time. 

Campbell knew before the game that Reilly wouldn't start. He knew that Reilly was starting the 2nd half when he did the interview too. 

Riders owned the Lions. The second half was all garbage time. Faj-J-J looked good and the suspect O line held up against BC. Reilly threw 50-50 ducks for less than a half. All of them got caught, otherwise it wouldn't have been close. If BC had a decent FG kicker, they would have put a scare into the Riders, but they don't have one.

If Reilly's done, then BC's done this year.

Lousy game that looked like preseason, with a few great plays and a little bit of tension at the end.

29 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Campbell knew before the game that Reilly wouldn't start. He knew that Reilly was starting the 2nd half when he did the interview too. 

Riders owned the Lions. The second half was all garbage time. Faj-J-J looked good and the suspect O line held up against BC. Reilly threw 50-50 ducks for less than a half. All of them got caught, otherwise it wouldn't have been close. If BC had a decent FG kicker, they would have put a scare into the Riders, but they don't have one.

If Reilly's done, then BC's done this year.

Lousy game that looked like preseason, with a few great plays and a little bit of tension at the end.

Pretty lousy game. Riders looked terrible in the second half. I wouldn’t be too happy with their performance. If it wasn’t for BC’s terrible kicker BC likely would have stole that game away from the riders and that was with a QB who was clearly injured and could not throw the ball. 

Toronto Argos are going to be the team to beat if their QB and RB play is solid enough.

Tonight the Argos with the boatmen logo will beat the Calgary Stampeders. +7.5 points? this is not the same stamps team. Sure they could have some nice up and coming players but 

people do not realize how average their OL will be and how dominant the Argos DL will be. Oakman is a top 15 NFL 1st round pick. Ray was a 1st round pick who will blossom into a star in the CFL. Him playing off the edge in the CFL and how the Argos will run their DL packages Oakmand/Ray/Hughes should all become stars this season.  They have terrific receivers. Thompsonhas to be excited he has a chance to win with this team and he might actually become the #1 QB if they keep winning. 

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

BC needs a new kicker. The punter is also a global player so it wouldn't hurt that way and their guy last night was terrible. Two missed FGs, a missed PAT and an average kickoff of under 50 yards.

they would have won the game if they had a kicker. He is too small. He is like 4-5

Edited by PolarBear

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No roster tricks, Reilly was dressed and on the field, which meant he could go in at any time. 

he was also listed as limited reps on the injury report all week with an elbow. we were talking about it here a bunch.  it wasn't like it was a secret he was banged up.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

he was also listed as limited reps on the injury report all week with an elbow. we were talking about it here a bunch.  it wasn't like it was a secret he was banged up.

He was listed as a starter on the game day chart. Cfl isn't going to let teams pull fast ones like that. If you list some one as a gd starter they are gonna have to start.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

interested to see how laponichols does.

will it be a rerun of the time together here.

hope they do well.

third head coachi g job for lapo, maybe his last chance.

Yeah I'm looking forward to both of today's games. Kills me that we don't get to play ott this year. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Riders are who we thought they were. Dogshit team who by rights should have lost that game. 

I liked the play call by Maas. The 2 back sets to get extra pass pro is smart. Don't see that often any more. I did see a lot of the same routes and timing as last year though. They will need to change it up or good secondaries are gonna jump those quick passes. Fajardo looked more accurate but despite the shape doesn't seem faster seems a bit slower. 

That ol is gonna get smashed in Hamilton. 

Riders didn't own that game..once the BC guys got their feet wet and played a few quarters they started to mesh.

The ridees had the early advantage Soley due to team familiarity..second half wasn't due to "coasting" it was BC handling them..and easily. That Rider online started showing its true shittines as the game went on. And one injury to anyone in that line and they are screwed.

Fajardo like good hitting dumps..quick hitters and short crossing..but that will only take u so far..maybe....maybe 3rd place this yr in West

Against a true raw rookie and Riley throwing wobblers all night they barely escaped with the win..and with a vet kicker..they go ahead late in 4th quarter.

The Lions scare me more than Sask does..or front 7 will eat them alive..we know their schtick and how to shut that down..and as hard as it is to believe their online is worse than last yr .and last yr was hot garbage

But media can keep pumping their tires cause they are a team full of individuals and me first guys..and will eat it up and be their demise..just like last yr

I just glad they didnt break out their plastic big play necklace .that would of been icing on cake cementing what a bunch of ****** clowns they are

36 minutes ago, Booch said:

Riders didn't own that game..once the BC guys got their feet wet and played a few quarters they started to mesh.

The ridees had the early advantage Soley due to team familiarity..second half wasn't due to "coasting" it was BC handling them..and easily. That Rider online started showing its true shittines as the game went on. And one injury to anyone in that line and they are screwed.

Fajardo like good hitting dumps..quick hitters and short crossing..but that will only take u so far..maybe....maybe 3rd place this yr in West

Against a true raw rookie and Riley throwing wobblers all night they barely escaped with the win..and with a vet kicker..they go ahead late in 4th quarter.

The Lions scare me more than Sask does..or front 7 will eat them alive..we know their schtick and how to shut that down..and as hard as it is to believe their online is worse than last yr .and last yr was hot garbage

But media can keep pumping their tires cause they are a team full of individuals and me first guys..and will eat it up and be their demise..just like last yr

I just glad they didnt break out their plastic big play necklace .that would of been icing on cake cementing what a bunch of ****** clowns they are

Jump to the 19 second mark. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever