Streaming CFL games / ESPN+

aalgernon

Anyone have any suggestions on how to stream CFL games, preferably in a legal manner? I tried signing up for ESPN+ which carries the games, but it turns out you need a cable provider with ESPN in order for the subscription to work at all. (It's also meant to by American only, but I subverted that with a VPN.)

I know TSN direct exists, but it's expensive. Is it any good? 

Anyone have Sling or Hulu or whatever which carries ESPN and watch games that way?

4 minutes ago, aalgernon said:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to stream CFL games, preferably in a legal manner? I tried signing up for ESPN+ which carries the games, but it turns out you need a cable provider with ESPN in order for the subscription to work at all. (It's also meant to by American only, but I subverted that with a VPN.)

Anyone have Sling or Hulu or whatever which carries ESPN and watch games that way?

Too bad you missed the TSN deal. Offering 6 months for 40% off. 

It's fine. I got it for CFL but will enjoy other sports.

Here in Seattle, I sucked it up and got Hulu + Live TV.  It's US$64/mo for a ton of crappy local stations I'll never watch, but it has ESPN2 and ESPN+ so watching CFL is trouble free. You get DVR fast forward and rewind but can't skip the ******* ads.

Haven't yet figured out how to VOD old games, or if that's even a thing,

Edited by johnzo

14 hours ago, johnzo said:

Here in Seattle, I sucked it up and got Hulu + Live TV.  It's US$64/mo for a ton of crappy local stations I'll never watch, but it has ESPN2 and ESPN+ so watching CFL is trouble free. You get DVR fast forward and rewind but can't skip the ******* ads.

Haven't yet figured out how to VOD old games, or if that's even a thing,

My son who also lives in Seattle has the same thing. 

oh hey!  just discovered that yaretv, the weird little streaming provider that has carried the CFL in markets where they don't have a broadcast agreement, is doing the CFL again in 2021. 

It's region-locked but that's been easy to circumvent with a VPN in the past.  US$85 gets you the whole season both live and VOD.    @aalgernon I've used this service for a few years and it's not perfect but it's pretty good.

https://cfl.yaretv.com/

6 hours ago, johnzo said:

oh hey!  just discovered that yaretv, the weird little streaming provider that has carried the CFL in markets where they don't have a broadcast agreement, is doing the CFL again in 2021. 

It's region-locked but that's been easy to circumvent with a VPN in the past.  US$85 gets you the whole season both live and VOD.    @aalgernon I've used this service for a few years and it's not perfect but it's pretty good.

https://cfl.yaretv.com/

Neat, thanks for the info. Would be more appealing with a FireTV or Android app though. 

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

TSN direct is $99 for 6 months. It works pretty well on an Android TV box and you don't need a VPN to get around the region locking.

Thanks also. This does seem like the most straightforward option.

I appreciate all the responses. If I'm being honest, I may stick to secondary sources for streams for the time being. :)

On 2021-08-06 at 11:53 AM, aalgernon said:

don't waste your time with paying for a subscription. I have a wonderful free sports app that nobody in Canada even knows about it. 100% safe. Its a live wired feed from the actual production offices that use ESPN college athletics and now FOX, TSN, CBS are being listed as they literally do not care its being made available. Similar HTV or OTA receivers were used 15 years ago. 

If you want to watch CFL games you can dm me and I will share the link