TSN new look - Bomber banner issue

PolarBear

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'd say most of what he claims to be is bullshit 

Well, I didn’t want to say that…..too loudly. 

14 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’ll add that to the list. 

- Free streaming via network hacking

- Undercover COVID lab tech

- Long time Ebola scientist

- Linked in with US broadcasters 

- On top of computer graphics

- Family to HNIC staffers

- Superior knowledge of US economy 

- Host of Bomber team parties

- Immune or anti-masker

- Trusted with neighbour’s injury status

15 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I own every kind of classic car. I even have doubles, that way I have a pristine one in storage so that if I scratch the one I'm driving it's no big deal. Because I'm rich. And I have triples of the roadrunner and the barracuda. Triples is best. My wife is on posters and she asked ME to marry HER

Amazing… ten thumbs up… I wasn’t expecting any “I think you should leave” references here…

I’ve been hoping to use “hitting is allowed at that price point” in casual conversation but it hasn’t come up yet…

2 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Already put him on the idgaf/ignore list… the silence is golden

Seems like the old tuscaloosa blue or w/e fake insider / fake TC report guy that comes around every year. I was gonna comment on their absence during TC (wouldve been funny with no one allowed to watch) but it seems they found their way back any way. 

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Seems like the old tuscaloosa blue or w/e fake insider / fake TC report guy that comes around every year. I was gonna comment on their absence during TC (wouldve been funny with no one allowed to watch) but it seems they found their way back any way. 

I was thinking about Training Camp Guy today & his fake reports.

On 2021-08-06 at 10:24 PM, Noeller said:

Not a huge fan of Beirness but I'm a huge fan of diversity and it's great to see a woman hosting the panel. Good on her. Don't love Sanchez, but am a big fan of Milt and Dunigan for sure. 

So if they for whatever reason hired Kathy Griffin who is irritating and annoying to listen to you would steal be happy because of a diversity hire?      

Give me someone who is qualified and who is the best person they could hire to fill the position over doing a diversity hire.     

Beirness is perfectly fine so it all works out but yeesh I wasn't aware that Noeller is a simp lol.   

For the rest of the crew....  Stegall is still useless... Sanchez while I'm not a fan of the player is far superior to Milt and offers way better insights.  Barker is kind of dry,  LaPo was more entertaining and maybe when he's canned he'll join the crew later this year.  I wish Matt could be doing color with Smith... those were always the best games to listen to and even better when it featured the crap teams like Ottawa because then Matt would really go rogue and make it absolutely hilarious.   

For the Polar Bear guy.. he's kind of weird but mostly correct.  More so in the States... they hire by voice ,  name recognition and for the "diversity female hires" that Noeller is so happy for they hire perfect "10" eye candy with good voices.      I don't think TSN is the same though and guys like Black are around because he's "versatile" a familiar name and convenient.   

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

So if they for whatever reason hired Kathy Griffin who is irritating and annoying to listen to you would steal be happy because of a diversity hire?      

Give me someone who is qualified and who is the best person they could hire to fill the position over doing a diversity hire.     

Beirness is perfectly fine so it all works out but yeesh I wasn't aware that Noeller is a simp lol.   

For the rest of the crew....  Stegall is still useless... Sanchez while I'm not a fan of the player is far superior to Milt and offers way better insights.  Barker is kind of dry,  LaPo was more entertaining and maybe when he's canned he'll join the crew later this year.  I wish Matt could be doing color with Smith... those were always the best games to listen to and even better when it featured the crap teams like Ottawa because then Matt would really go rogue and make it absolutely hilarious.   

For the Polar Bear guy.. he's kind of weird but mostly correct.  More so in the States... they hire by voice ,  name recognition and for the "diversity female hires" that Noeller is so happy for they hire perfect "10" eye candy with good voices.      I don't think TSN is the same though and guys like Black are around because he's "versatile" a familiar name and convenient.   

I will resist the urge to get into a diversity debate with Brandon as I don’t want to get the post off track, but if others want to chase him down the rabbit hole I will gladly add my voice to counter his ignorant comments. 

My Take:

Beirness  is a breath of fresh air on the panel. She's the comic relief and does it well.

Sanchez is getting better each time out. He's the disparaging word guy.

Matty's great, but being on Zoom doesn't work for him. He needs to be on set.

Milt might as well be let go. He doesn't add anything to the panel.

Barker has some good insight, but he's poor on the panel.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

My Take:

Beirness  is a breath of fresh air on the panel. She's the comic relief and does it well.

With all of CFL players and coaches out there that are no longer in the game, surely a few of them ought to be able to be better than Milt and Barker.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

My Take:

Beirness - totally agree. I think she's great. 

Sanchez - I don't get the love. I find that he's focused more on the personality than the actual game. 

Matty is great when he's three beers in. Wish he was back in the studio.

Milt - yup. 

Barker was good in the past and provides actual insight like Lapo used to. That was not a good first week for him though. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I will resist the urge to get into a diversity debate with Brandon as I don’t want to get the post off track, but if others want to chase him down the rabbit hole I will gladly add my voice to counter his ignorant comments. 

Well you don't need to get into a debate because my point is you hire the best person possible and your point has no legs.    Create a thread and we can go into a great discussion about how you will convince me that the CFL teams for diversity should field female players or even female coaches.  See how silly that sounds?     The old he's ignorant is such a cop out comment.   

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

With all of CFL players and coaches out there that are no longer in the game, surely a few of them ought to be able to be better than Milt and Barker.

Milt I assume is because of name recognition and because he is a handsome guy and people genuinely like him.   

Barker... I assume is because Benevides is busy?  I'm assuming that their isn't to many CFL coaches that still keep tabs on the game and who are available...

We covered a lot of the "merit-based" hiring issue in the Gender Wage-Gap thread over in General Discussion.  The thread got locked because *some* people could not accept simple facts.  Strange that most of them over there aren't locked for the same reason.

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Well you don't need to get into a debate because my point is you hire the best person possible and your point has no legs.    Create a thread and we can go into a great discussion about how you will convince me that the CFL teams for diversity should field female players or even female coaches.  See how silly that sounds?     The old he's ignorant is such a cop out comment.   

22 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Didn't TCG start out as being mildly believable? After a while, those who actually went to practices knew that he was a liar and called him on it. He was a diick but an entertaining diick.

I recall his reports being believable at the start too. Then they got a lil crazy and some one he raved about was hurt the whole time or not even at camp. 

We had tcg back to ob days and I imagine it's the same guy. 

32 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Didn't TCG start out as being mildly believable? After a while, those who actually went to practices knew that he was a liar and called him on it. He was a diick but an entertaining diick.

I think most trolls start out the same way. They take a simple contrarian viewpoint that is objectively arguable, but in an effort to bolster their credibility they push the argument to outrageous extremes and provide a bloated “resume” of sorts to make them sound more qualified in their position. So “the voice is the big thing for broadcasters” turns into “I have connections at HNIC” and “I know most major broadcasters in the US and am privy to their inside reputation rankings, so I have professional backing for my unassailable point of view”  

In the same vein, “20 years in virology lab” and “worked in New York on COVID in secret” are self-aggrandizing claims meant to portray a sense of intelligence and authority. Failing that, he falls back on “I don’t just know a guy, I know THE guy” so his Harris injury update is painted as direct insider knowledge cuz he lives next to the guy, don’t you know. None of the claims are directly irrefutable, but taken all together it strains reasonableness, and that is where a simple cross exam of the claims shows the cracks (20 players came to my house to party without masks despite the CFL team COVID mandates, I worked in New York for 4 months at the height of the pandemic that closed our border with the US, I have free streaming because I can hack into the live feeds of the major US networks). The cross-exam can be kind of fun if you have the time and patience for it, and don’t get side-tracked by them waving something shiny at you to distract.

Was the same with the “Mike Kelly training camp insider” who went from seeing good players, to “I know what make a good player because of my long time coaching knowledge, let me dazzle you with terminology”. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Used to work with a guy like polar bear at Convergys. 

Other people kept track of the **** that came out of his mouth in a text file on a network drive, I think they straight up called it "shit_he_said.txt"

all kinds of fun stuff, like his uncle was going to get him a job that paid $30/hour to be a plumber, he was driving his car at 100km/hour down Bishop and popped it into reverse to do a burn out. There was something about distilling his own alcohol to 100% I think too? 

Just didn't stop, every day was an adventure with that kid.

Don’t want to start this up again… but the discussion about diversity hiring is completely ridiculous in this case… Kate Bierness is not only completely qualified but also exceptional at her job… she’s the best person for the job, end of story…

Edited by bearpants

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Don’t want to start this up again… but the discussion about diversity hiring is completely ridiculous in this case… Kate Bierness is not only completely qualified but also exceptional at her job… she’s the best person for the job, end of story…

Yeah I don't know many people who view her as purely a diversity hire. She's definitely qualified for the role so in that case diversity is good.