Having Zack Callaros

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Watching the warm up before the game, McGuire appears to have a very strong arm and he was throwing some nice passes with a tight spiral.  Not a huge data point but encouraging.

He's got tremendous arm talent. 

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm absolutely excited about Buck Pierce and either Zack or McGuire throwing the ball for us.   It can only go up from here and it will be nice to take deep shots and stretch the defense.

Same. It's been soo long since teams feared our passing game I hope we have some monster passing games this year. 

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Watching the warm up before the game, McGuire appears to have a very strong arm and he was throwing some nice passes with a tight spiral.  Not a huge data point but encouraging.

Its promising that he can take two steps back and sit in a pocket and rifle it out down the field in such a short amount of time.    I remember the discussions pre COVID where people were pining for Strelever to come back ... but ultimately many of the folks on here agreed that McGuire is better suited (long term) to take over the team.    

The guy has an arm and is your prototypical pocket passer.     I'd love for us to go so far ahead in our next game that it allows for him to get on the field and play a quarter to get some more experience. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Its promising that he can take two steps back and sit in a pocket and rifle it out down the field in such a short amount of time.    I remember the discussions pre COVID where people were pining for Strelever to come back ... but ultimately many of the folks on here agreed that McGuire is better suited (long term) to take over the team.    

The guy has an arm and is your prototypical pocket passer.     I'd love for us to go so far ahead in our next game that it allows for him to get on the field and play a quarter to get some more experience. 

He ought to be able to learn when to drop back and when to make palys with his legs.