Having Zack Callaros

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

It's nice to be on this side of his Houdini act. Can remember a lot of times cursing him on other teams for escaping when he was dead to rights. 

His best attribute by far as a qb is not only does he escape but he keeps looking downfield and finds targets.  

He brought us a cup I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The only problem I have is keeping him healthy. 

55 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I was a fan of Nichols but he wouldn’t be able to make half the throws ZC made tonight. 

Nichols after his last injury could basically drop back make one read and then either take a sack or dump it off to Harris.   Zero escapability and zero confidence in sitting in the pocket looking down the field.   Night and day difference with a different qb at the helm.   

I can't imagine opposing teams looking forward to playing against us.  Now if we can upgrade Nelson and get Wolly involved then look out! 

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Collaros was great last night. Best trade we've made since we traded Brock for Clements way back in '84.

He does remind me a bit of Clements. Before his multiple concussions, Collaros was excellent. People forget. The cancelled season may have helped him recover more and come back healthy. Made some plays last night that I haven't seen a Bombers QB make since Jones or Clements. 

Yeah...a lot of stuff he did, and made happen we wouldn't have had happen previously...he totally changes things with our offence...he scrambles to look for the pass first, runs if need be...can't wait to see what he can do after a couple games and things are really clicking

Plus he is a true field general, leader and outspoken on the field...If he can stay healthy, he will have a big year

15 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

He does remind me a bit of Clements. Before his multiple concussions, Collaros was excellent. People forget. The cancelled season may have helped him recover more and come back healthy. Made some plays last night that I haven't seen a Bombers QB make since Jones or Clements. 

Unfortunately you never really truly recover from post concussion syndrome,  but with his elusiveness he definitely escaped getting hit several times last night. 

21 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I like that he's not afraid to put up one of those Mike Reilly style 50/50 balls once in a while. 

Yeah he said that during training camp. He told Lawler this year if he sees him one on one he's going to throw it up and let him go get it. He's got tons of confidence in Lawler.

I really cant imagine, what our offense will be like when the offense is in full health. 

2 threat on the backfield with Harris and Oliveira.
and Adams, Lawler and Demski doing their thing. 

Need more from Bailey (or 3rd American receiver) and more use of Wolitarsky though. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

He's showing me all of the scrambling ability of a Clements....and drops the rock into the exact spot it should be....Sometimes he gets stung by holding on to the ball too long BUT most of the time he can avoid the opposition rush by using his spin out ...roll out moves...A good....no, a terrific O Line helps

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Now if we can upgrade Nelson and get Wolly involved then look out! 

Not worried about that... once Adams is healthy, there's the upgrade... either of Stewart or Meredith also would be an upgrade... lots of options once everyone is healthy...

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Collaros was great last night. Best trade we've made since we traded Brock for Clements way back in '84.

That was 1983 amigo.

1 hour ago, M.Silverback said:

Or Dunigan for that matter.

9 hours ago, PolarBear said:

collaros was a bit rusty in  his throws but he can throw the ball with the best of them in both NFL and CFL. Just hope he fits our offense and stays healthy.

I was disappointed that he cut his hair and went back to the non-threatening Zach look.  I liked his angry biker thing he had going during training camp...lol

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Disagree to an extent. We cannot discount the trades that brought us Khari Jones, Big Dougie and yes, even Matt Nichols. 

True... those trades were all modern era successes... but Khari, Brown, and Nichols produced exactly 0 grey cups... that would be the major difference...