3 stars plus hh de clawed the cats part 2

wbbfan

here's a Mike Jones play I noticed.  Ticats run a pretty-looking play with a lead blocker out in front of the receiver, the blocker has good positioning ... but Jones just goes thru the blocker Thiadric style, gets a little bit of body on the rec and slows him up so the bomber D can rally to the tackle. it was true in 2019 and is still true in 2021: the best way to club a Ticat is to use another Ticat.

On 2021-08-06 at 2:35 PM, Stickem said:

Collaros......and to think in 19' a few people thought it was a mistake to bring him in......guess they were wrong

I'm one of those who thought it was a mistake to bring him in and is firmly on the bandwagon now. Now... if he can just last the whole season.

13 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm one of those who thought it was a mistake to bring him in and is firmly on the bandwagon now. Now... if he can just last the whole season.

same here, and a lot more.

bomber staff.... know more than me!

but pre injury, collaros was fairly unstoppable. so calculated low risk move that  paid huge.

also, it ended the  recurring theme that oshea is stubborn and wont change when necessary.

be interesting to see an analysis of oshea season by season. what he has learned.

Edited by Mark F

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The more he plays the more I like Jones. He got a good lick in on banks early too and you could see the poutiness start to creep in. Guy gets it. 

He was really physical and put it on banks a couple times. He had a low key monster game. Kongbo and Rocquemore both had strong outings too. Kongbo got in on the back of a lot of plays and had a couple pressures. He'd be the best player on bcs front 7. Rocquemore was really good in pass pro when dropping back. He had some pretty deep assignments too Ala bighill. Scraped to the ball well and was constantly in the pile. 

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

same here, and a lot more.

bomber staff.... know more than me!

but pre injury, collaros was fairly unstoppable. so calculated low risk move that  paid huge.

also, it ended the  recurring theme that oshea is stubborn and wont change when necessary.

be interesting to see an analysis of oshea season by season. what he has learned.

He's 32 and his best ball is probably ahead of him if he can stay healthy. I think this will be his best year statistically. Never been more happy to be wrong. 

Edited by wbbfan

13 hours ago, johnzo said:

here's a Mike Jones play I noticed.  Ticats run a pretty-looking play with a lead blocker out in front of the receiver, the blocker has good positioning ... but Jones just goes thru the blocker Thiadric style, gets a little bit of body on the rec and slows him up so the bomber D can rally to the tackle. it was true in 2019 and is still true in 2021: the best way to club a Ticat is to use another Ticat.

Saw this live and was just disappointed Taylor couldn't finish him off before he got the first down. Sweet play by Jones.