The Champs vs Ticats GDT

Nolby

Very impressed with  "Our Bombers" last night. It was so amazing to be at the game after all that's gone on the last couple years. Winnipeg was more ready for the season than Hamilton was. I think that our rookie DB's handled themselves quite well and will only get better. Hamilton was out of sync where as Winnipeg was able to use  their tried and true running attack to dominate the game. Hamilton will be much more difficult to face later on in the season. But based on this game Winnipeg deserves to be number 1 on all CFL power rankings. Defending Grey Cup champs and Hamilton is supposed to be better than us based on the so called experts. We dominated them!

43 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I know and that was what made it hilarious.   Apparently Hamilton was really off,  the refs favoured the Bombers,  the Bombers were very lucky and looked absolutely putrid in a lucky to win game.  

Including when the officials screwed up by not calling intentional grounding? The officials didn't call holding for both teams a bunch of times. Overall it was fairly called.

39 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Including when the officials screwed up by not calling intentional grounding? The officials didn't call holding for both teams a bunch of times. Overall it was fairly called.

The officiating was fine. Missed calls will always be a thing. But I don't feel like the outcome of the game was effected by them.

18 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

The officiating was fine. Missed calls will always be a thing. But I don't feel like the outcome of the game was effected by them.

I wouldn't say it was fine. It did contribute to a good flow of the game. But the cats oline got away with murder 0 holding calls on their line. The trap catch shouldn't need to be a review. The intentional grounding was brutal. No pi though I don't miss the ticky tacky pi calls. It looks like the refs were told to be passive and not make it a slow mess of a game. 

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wouldn't say it was fine. It did contribute to a good flow of the game. But the cats oline got away with murder 0 holding calls on their line. The trap catch shouldn't need to be a review. The intentional grounding was brutal. No pi though I don't miss the ticky tacky pi calls. It looks like the refs were told to be passive and not make it a slow mess of a game. 

There was one really, really obvious PI. Lawler's jersey was grabbed when he was trying to come back the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

There was one really, really obvious PI. Lawler's jersey was grabbed when he was trying to come back the ball. 

I'm recwatching the game now. I've seen two bad misses on ham and a couple badly missed holding calls on Nelson.  Both away from the play which is probably why they went un noticed.  

He seems frustrated with the physicality of the cats dbs. The bump n run / press cover took him out of plays heavily a few times early. 

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Was that on Lawler's TD or another time?  They did flag the PI on his TD IIRC (much CR consumed by that point...)...

One missed on him would've been a first down and he was wearing the db like a sweater with the ball in the air. The tug was on another scramble by collaros he was on a deep out tried to come back and the db rode his jersey. 

40 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Was that on Lawler's TD or another time?  They did flag the PI on his TD IIRC (much CR consumed by that point...)...

The jersey tug was a play where the Bombers took a holding penalty. O’Shea could have challenged but it would only have resulted in offsetting penalties, so he let it slide and saved it for later (the trapped “catch”). 

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The jersey tug was a play where the Bombers took a holding penalty. O’Shea could have challenged but it would only have resulted in offsetting penalties, so he let it slide and saved it for later (the trapped “catch”). 

Agreed. But, I'm surprised it wasn't called. We could clearly see the jersey pull up in the 200s and the ref did too but ignored it. Sort of bizarre. 

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

or, they were told dont call penalties that dont affecr the play. I  facking hate those calls.ruins the game, accomplishes nothing.

While I agree with you, allowing those to go uncalled allows players to get away with cheap shots away from the play that could cause problems in the longer term.