The Champs vs Ticats GDT

Nolby

The team picked up where they left off in 2019, and can only get better. The highlights for me: Collaros taking hits and still not being afraid to sprint out; Oliviera pounding the ball just like you-know-who and not being tentative despite his severe injury in 2019; the swarming Bomber defence; Demski stepping up; and lastly: to those TiCat fans who said that the Grey Cup outcome would have been different if Masoli had been able to play- that excuse is completely gone now.  The only real questions for the team are what to do when Harris is available and whether McGuire is as good as hoped. GREAT to see the CFL again and even better to see the Bombers not only win, but kick butt.

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

There was a solo drone hovering outside of the south endzone but I'm guessing it was someone from outside the game just trying to get some neat video.

Yeah, I saw one hovering above the West side, in the first half.  Likely the same one you saw, and I had the same thought.

Just now, Brandon said:

They used it a few times during the broadcast... it kind of was neat I guess?

Did it replace the xfl 1.0 invented cam that was on bungee cords almost above the stadium. Didn't notice that one last night. Drone likely replaced it  

Guess the Cats won't be undefeated in 2021................I wish some of these media types who gobble up that crap really look at the Bombers properly and give us the credit due....Someone should take that little wiener/whiner Banks aside and remind him that he's getting beaten by a superior club and man-up

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I'd love other people's take on Alford. Seemed like Acklin did well against him (although at least two of those catches were tough) but that he was in the correct position. Feel like its an experience thing and that he's going to end up being good but would love others take.

A bit uneasy at first. Seemed to get better but I will have to watch the replay. They definitely targeted him.

38 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think it was used for showing above the stadium shots. Pretty sure it's a TSN drone 

I saw a helicopter at one point too, so I figured that's what they were using for those outside the stadium shots.  Good stuff either way.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah i thought Alford had a good game despite Acklin making some catches on him. He was on Acklin like glue for the most part. Acklin just made some really nice catches.

Yeah the panel was all giddy after he was beat on the first td but christ his fingers touched that ball, one step away from it being an INT. The secondary with as many new faces as it had played pretty ******* good if you ask me.

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah the panel was all giddy after he was beat on the first td but christ his fingers touched that ball, one step away from it being an INT. The secondary with as many new faces as it had played pretty ******* good if you ask me.

Alford's coverage on that TD was almost perfect... unfortunately the throw was perfecter (definitely a word)... 5 mins into the game and that was the last highlight for the Cats

Edited by bearpants