The Champs vs Ticats GDT

Nolby

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Let's not forget that Oliviera is coming back from a significant injury, was a little tentative in the first quarter but after that he was a force with some strong quick running

gotta rewatch the 1st quarter but my impression was that he wasn't getting much in the way of holes to run through early on.

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

gotta rewatch the 1st quarter but my impression was that he wasn't getting much in the way of holes to run through early on.

He had tough running early for sure. He was getting hit in the back field and didn't get much for holes in the first few carries. he also seemed to get much more comfy with time. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He had tough running early for sure. He was getting hit in the back field and didn't get much for holes in the first few carries. he also seemed to get much more comfy with time. 

When Lawler cut upfield on the broken play for the TD, Ham's D lost a step and opened the running game

Facts:  2019 Bombers were a 3rd place team with their good players all 2 years older now.

My mind:  Bombers have been champions forever.   They beat Calgary, Saskatchewan, and Hamilton over and over again every time I watch the games.  Dominant defence, stout OLine and running, and occasional big pass plays.  Clearly the best team of all time.

so —- my mind destroyed the FACTS.

andrewJR!!! …...   Winnipeg tailbacks forever

noah h. Not talked about much, but played a lot. Holder and replacement safety.

love our defense

love our oline

want darvin back

i forgot that before medlock, O’Shea never let FG kickers kick.  Worked tonite, but not sure it’s a good long term plan.

Legs punting seemed to look better and better as game wore on.

I started crying for some reason during Tom petty song.

We’re back!

That's the Bomber team I love. Just like the Grey Cup they beat the ticats up all over the field. Brandon Banks whining that the Bombers D is too hard again. What a puss.

Hey national media, time to give this team it's due. Deep and tough. They may lose games but the other team will have to earn it the hard way.

Buck stretched the field a number of times. Ti Cats had to respect that which opened up the run game. LaPo would have been throwing three yard hitches & outs. As well as spreading the ball all over the field. The Bomber offense didn't have the same jive as LaPo's. I had the feeling Buck would call a deep throw whenever he wanted. 

Did you notice how emotional Wade Miller was when he unveiled the GC banner. He was in tears. Great stuff! It was a lonnnnng 620 days.

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

They added one of those skycams (overhead camera on cables) to IGF during the time off.

The optics looked good. Some great aerial shots of the stadium as well as inside. That will bring in more viewers.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

TSN using drones??? Way better camera angles. Production value way up. Even Rod Black seems to be improved...so far. 

No drones, they have the sky cam on the cable system like the NFL has, and like they usually do for the Grey Cup game.  Hopefully they have it for all games now.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

100% worst game experience of my entire life I’ve been waiting for this game for 2 years but this is horrendous

hope you didn’t come hungry, thirsty or in need of a washroom because it’s a nearly 45 minute wait for any of them 

No issues on the East side upper deck.  Looking at the concourse on the West side though, I can imagine the lines were a nightmare.

The crowd was great. I don't remember that much genuine enthusiasm on the fan cam before the lockdown. We even saw a proposal, and yet a simple 'Riders Suck' sign got the cheer of the night and started a chant on the East upper deck. Concessions were honestly a mess but since I was DD, Shawarma Khan and a Pepsi was perfectly fine. Not waiting 10 minutes in line to wait another 20 minutes for Pizza and a coors light blechhhhh

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Can the media around the country finally gives us some damn respect?  Our D from top to bottom dominated and  our O-line was as magnicent as they were in the last season.   With Collaros now at QB we are only better.   What a great game!

I like the underdog role. Let Justin Dunk & TSN hype the Ti Cats. We'll just keep winning.

It was so nice to watch the Bombers again, and the win was icing on the cake. 

My little guy is 5 now, and ready to see a game in person. My wife doesn't know yet but I want to fly with him to come see a game in Winnipeg before they come to Calgary November. 

Edited by White Out

6 hours ago, Sard said:

No drones, they have the sky cam on the cable system like the NFL has, and like they usually do for the Grey Cup game.  Hopefully they have it for all games now.

There was a solo drone hovering outside of the south endzone but I'm guessing it was someone from outside the game just trying to get some neat video.