IG Field - New Game Day Protocols, Bussing, Tickets, etc. thread

JCon

On 2021-08-03 at 5:50 PM, Noeller said:

I see that there's a park and ride from Hat Trick's for those in the west end.... $25 and you get a $25 voucher to use for food/drink at HT's before or after the game. Good deal, for sure. I think we'll definitely be using one of the bar park and rides on the 29th......absolutely can't wait. 

This is my "local" and was this close to using for today's transportation..... Until I saw they plan to leave 1 hour before the game starts.  Those people will be lucky to inside by the end of the 1st quarter. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

This is my "local" and was this close to using for today's transportation..... Until I saw they plan to leave 1 hour before the game starts.  Those people will be lucky to inside by the end of the 1st quarter. 

oh yikes...yeah that's no good. Poorly thought out...

44 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

On the pre-game show, Wade confirmed concourses and stands were optional.

That was disappointing.  I would have liked to see more masks being worn, especially on the concourses.

Anyone else still in line for a beer and a Shwarma?  

Honestly, the lines at the concessions need to move faster.  More runners, more beer taps, more cans, or less selection.  It took 19 minutes to get food for us at the short line west side upper concourse, and we were only behind 20 people.  Some lines were likely 100 people long. 

Luckily, there weren’t lines at the washrooms.

Edited by ALuCsRED

Just now, ALuCsRED said:

Anyone else still in line for a beer and a Shwarma?  

honestly, the lines at the concessions need to move faster.  More runners, more beer taps, more cans, or less selection.  It took 19 minutes to get food for us at the short line west side upped concourse, and we were only behind 20 people.  Some lines were likely 100 people long. 

Luckily, there weren’t lines at the washrooms.

This was absolutely awful yesterday .. between the wait and the congestion it had me saying to myself, "I won't even bother next game."   That's a shame.

On a side note, did anyone happen to figure out where they were offering TransCanada Brewing / Brazen Hall beers?  I was looking forward to something local but was disappointed when a couple of different vendors indicated they had no clue what those were.

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

This was absolutely awful yesterday .. between the wait and the congestion it had me saying to myself, "I won't even bother next game."   That's a shame.

On a side note, did anyone happen to figure out where they were offering TransCanada Brewing / Brazen Hall beers?  I was looking forward to something local but was disappointed when a couple of different vendors indicated they had no clue what those were.

I think that they're set up at either end of the stadium, on the main floor. 

For the upper west side, I got two beers upon arrival but they only had one credit card machine and that machine had troubles getting a good signal. I was lucky that I got those beers early because I wasn't going to stand in those long lines. 

53 minutes ago, JCon said:

Completely. Those upper concourses are closed in and you should have a mask on. 

The vendors, security, event day staff, volunteers... all wore masks to protect us fans. It wasn't hard for me to do the same in return for them. Its just a matter of being decent and respectful, not ignorant or fearful.

Being polite to strangers is optional but I do it anyway. I see this much the same.

10 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

The vendors, security, event day staff, volunteers... all wore masks to protect us fans. It wasn't hard for me to do the same in return for them. Its just a matter of being decent and respectful, not ignorant or fearful.

Being polite to strangers is optional but I do it anyway. I see this much the same.

Exactly. Show some respect and keep the peace. 

I thought entry to stadium was fine and a breeze all things considered, and lines for concessions...is what it is suck it up...try going to a 60 to 90k stadium capacity and get back to me...suck it up buttercups.

On a real good note the one liqour/beer vendor where we came in at Gate 1 had debit down...so drinks were free as free could be!!...not sure how long that lasted but was a bonus...luckily I had some actual cash on me so the servers got a fat tip from us

4 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Didn't attend but am curious about how the vaccine checks went. Heard anecdotally that they weren't checking some people at all.

I can only speak to what I saw....

The young man who scanned my card wasn't checking ID. Just scan and go. Also, security reminded him TWICE to stay in one place and not try to work up and down the line, potentially missing people. 

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

I thought entry to stadium was fine and a breeze all things considered, and lines for concessions...is what it is suck it up...try going to a 60 to 90k stadium capacity and get back to me...suck it up buttercups.

On a real good note the one liqour/beer vendor where we came in at Gate 1 had debit down...so drinks were free as free could be!!...not sure how long that lasted but was a bonus...luckily I had some actual cash on me so the servers got a fat tip from us

Lines for concessions is one thing.

having 100 people in line because there’s one guy running the register, pouring beers and grabbing the food while his 5 coworkers stand around doing nothing is kind of poop.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lines for concessions is one thing.

having 100 people in line because there’s one guy running the register, pouring beers and grabbing the food while his 5 coworkers stand around doing nothing is kind of poop.

that i agree with...The one kiosk on the wesy side I asked the girl why just her..she said 2 people didnt show up...so she was flying solo...poor girl