Jump to content

2021 Blue Bombers Season


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Was interested in this so decided to look it up the last time a Blue Bomber coach had 5 consecutive 10 win seasons Bud Grant who had six in a 1957-1962 and now Mike O'Shea 2016-2021. Only two that have done it in the history of the club.

Unreal...elite coaches!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Was interested in this so decided to look it up the last time a Blue Bomber coach had 5 consecutive 10+ win seasons Bud Grant who had six in a 1957-1962 and now Mike O'Shea 2016-2021. Only two that have done it in the history of the club.

Mos may well go down as the goat of bomber coaching. We've had several greats but few have had that really long sustained career here. Mos could well be the hc here in 10 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Mos may well go down as the goat of bomber coaching. We've had several greats but few have had that really long sustained career here. Mos could well be the hc here in 10 years. 

I've been thinking a lot lately about the Bud Grant team that won 4 GCs in 5 years, between 58-62......I'd be cool with that stretch right about now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

No other coach could have 5 consecutive 10 win seasons because no other coach except Ritchie lasted more than 5 years. (Ritchie got 5 years + 7 games)

Also theses are the only 5+ year 10 win stretches in franchise history of the franchise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Would be awesome to see. But much harder to do these days with the salary cap etc. 

Is it? Since 2008 the Stamps and Als  went to 3 straight Cups and the Als won back to back. Hamilton and Ottawa went to back to back Cups. Ottawa went to 3 in 4 years.

Seems very common to go to multiple Cups with a core group.

 

Edited by Geebrr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just letting anyone who knows they will be buying tickets to the West Final and haven't done so yet that tickets look like they are moving steady with more than a month to go. 

May want to ****** them up sooner than later. Your price point preference may not be around. 

 

Edited by Geebrr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Just letting anyone who knows they will be buying tickets to the West Final and haven't done so yet that tickets look like they are moving steady with more than a month to go. 

May want to ****** then up sooner than later. Your price point preference may not be around. 

 

Yeah we decided not to wait and grabbed a pair in 227. Gonna be a time! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Is it? Since 2008 the Stamps and Als  went to 3 straight Cups and the Als won back to back. Hamilton and Ottawa went to back to back Cups. Ottawa went to 3 in 4 years.

Seems very common to go to multiple Cups with a core group.

 

Never said it was impossible just harder now be the 60s.  Getting to the cup and winning it multiple times are different though. Als and Ham benifited from a weaker East division IMO. Calgary I agree was very dominant over those years but managed just 2 cups since 08. Would love to see 4 cups over a 5-6 year period though :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Was interested in this so decided to look it up the last time a Blue Bomber coach had 5 consecutive 10+ win seasons Bud Grant who had six in a 1957-1962 and now Mike O'Shea 2016-2021. Only two that have done it in the history of the club.

Cal Murphy technically did it too, but split over two periods. 1984-86 before he moved upstairs to GM, and then 1993 and 1994 when he returned behind the bench. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Just letting anyone who knows they will be buying tickets to the West Final and haven't done so yet that tickets look like they are moving steady with more than a month to go. 

May want to ****** them up sooner than later. Your price point preference may not be around. 

 

I'm trying to figure out what that starred out word is....

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

1. Excellent decision. Notorious slower selling sections like corner lower bowl are even steady. Act soon!

2. S-natch is an asterisk word? 

Oh I see 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Cal Murphy technically did it too, but split over two periods. 1984-86 before he moved upstairs to GM, and then 1993 and 1994 when he returned behind the bench. 

I was gonna say my dad always speaks of him and says he hasn't seen a team like this years bombers since the Cal Murphy Era so I was surprised when I saw the post saying he wasn't mos or Grant 10 plus wins 5 years in a row 

He was also under the impression the Bombers had the cal Murphy curse tho up until their Grey cup win 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Geebrr said:

1. Excellent decision. Notorious slower selling sections like corner lower bowl are even steady. Act soon!

2. S-natch is an asterisk word? 

this made me laugh... I read the **** word as s-n-a-t-c-h because I couldn't think of what else it could possibly be...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Is it common knowledge that Collaros is a FA after this year?

I had no idea.

Everyone is free agent after this year or so it seems. Vote JCon for your next commish! I can't fix the short deals but I can collect a paycheque and travel around the country watching football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...