2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Anyone know if the MOP and MOC at the Grey Cup gets anything in terms of some financial award?  I am old enough to remember when Sean Kehoe won a brand new car in 1984 for being the Most Outstanding Canadian (**** Suderman Trophy) at the Grey Cup.  What do they get now?  A $50 gift card to Tim Hortons?

Box of Timbiebs. 

According to this site, each player on the winning team for $16,000, the MVP got another $10,000, and the outstanding Canadian got $5,000. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.totalsportal.com/others/grey-cup-prize-money/

No indication that CFL award winners or all star team members get extra cash from the league. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

20 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

According to this site, each player on the winning team for $16,000, the MVP got another $10,000, and the outstanding Canadian got $5,000. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.totalsportal.com/others/grey-cup-prize-money/

No indication that CFL award winners or all star team members get extra cash from the league. 

Not sure why the outstanding Canadian gets half of what the MVP gets.  In 1984 the MVP and Richard Suderman award winners both received brand new Chrysler Cordobas, with rich Corinthian leather interiors.  

Some clarity this, #Elks did reach out to #Bombers for permission to speak to O’Shea about their GM/HC vacancies. O’Shea declined the opportunity to speak to them formally. Will be curious to see if he signs an extension in Wpg. @CFLonTSN https://twitter.com/friesensunmedia/status/1473084410601877510

That a boy Osh!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

43 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Some clarity this, #Elks did reach out to #Bombers for permission to speak to O’Shea about their GM/HC vacancies. O’Shea declined the opportunity to speak to them formally. Will be curious to see if he signs an extension in Wpg. @CFLonTSN https://twitter.com/friesensunmedia/status/1473084410601877510

That a boy Osh!

Told u all along he has no intention to leave..he will be here basically until or if when we fire him..for being useless..or he retires...I predict the latter

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not sure why the outstanding Canadian gets half of what the MVP gets.  In 1984 the MVP and Richard Suderman award winners both received brand new Chrysler Cordobas, with rich Corinthian leather interiors.  

“l know what your fantasy is boss… you want to tie women up with rich Corinthian leather and spread coffee beans all over their body…” John Candy as Tattoo on SCtV’s parody of Fantasy Island

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The awards have been cheapened since then. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Told u all along he has no intention to leave..he will be here basically until or if when we fire him..for being useless..or he retires...I predict the latter

I knew he wouldn't go to Edmonton. 

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I kind of miss when the awards gave cars. Though I remember one of the edm wins in the 80s the awards players got a 1 year free lease of an Olds cutlass. Which is almost as good as a years supply of belly button lint 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I kind of miss when the awards gave cars. Though I remember one of the edm wins in the 80s the awards players got a 1 year free lease of an Olds cutlass. Which is almost as good as a years supply of belly button lint 

Yeah...they weren't winning a vehicle per se, just the use of it for one year. Still a cool prize but not like you could sell it.

13 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That a boy Osh!

hands off our mans!!!

16 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That a boy Osh!

This is what I always dreamed of when we were in the middle of the long drought... to find a GM and HC that would turn this team around and stay for the long haul... you never know what the future holds but I could see the Miller/Walters/Osh combo here in Winnipeg for a very long time!

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

On a side note I work for the Manitoba a government with the covid 19 roll out. Just spoke with a Blue Bomber. Nick Dheilly. Admittedly I had no idea who he was. He didn’t tell me he signed with Saskatchewan LOL told him I hope he comes back for a three peat but small world. 

yeah he dead to us now lol....he had signed with them before season ended as well....no ring....so sad lol