2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

26 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

And not one single Rider.  I’d imagine Riderfans is in full meltdown right now.

They are not really melting down. I mean really...look at their roster....where are the all stars? Nope. They are sticking their fingers in their ears and suggesting they were the only team that suffered injuries this year while ignoring the fact their GM did nothing to fix that.

I mean really....some of their injuries probably benefitted them. You look at Freddie Bishop and Lokombo's injuries in pre-season and you look at their replacements and it is almost a given they would not have played as well. Would Woodard have gotten much of a chance? I doubt it. Would Teitz have had his breakout season if Lokombo is in the lineup? Maybe not.

Bottom line O'Day sucked this year. He let most of his OL walk away just prior to TC, he did nothing all season to replace Larry Dean who went down 1st of TC, and it wasn't until Duke got overpaid late in the season. that he addressed a receiving corps that was pretty brutal all season. Riderfan apologists saying there is no way JOD could have known Labatte and the other OL would do that, I say BS. Walters would have known because he was in his team's ear making sure they were coming. Especially the OL....just brutal GMing. You gotta know by FA who is staying and who is leaving. His OL retention has been absolute garbage and yes a lot of that is the team's fault. It has to be. 

Edited by GCn20

Yeah that injury moan and groan doesnt cut it, and prob benefitted them by allowing them to find better talent...Bishop..Prob would have done less than the 2 new guys....Vaughn at tackle...was prob a downgrade that replaced him, but the dude wasn't no hel in 2019 and the line sucked then...so this yr woulda sucked a bit less...same with Labatte bailing. He is/was not the same player as 4 yrs ago, so really...he was just a walking bandaid of his former self, and no longer a force out there...Dean..aging linebacker coming from a yr off...who knows what he may have offered them, but thats all on O'day

We lots our SAM in tc...a guy who prob woulda been an all-star, so Walters promptly went out and brought in someone....an All-star and solid solid replacement.....their other injuries...the fact that they really dont stand out in my mind tells you they were insignificant

Yet we started the season missing an all-star kicker, 2 all-star DB's...Our starting Will linebacker, lost our starting D-tackle in first game, were missing our starting All start "Canadian" tailback, but we filled those spots more than adequately....hello depth...and had to deal with loss of Adams...Demski...Harris again...Yoshi...all for extended periods....and just kept rolling around....so to say we were "lucky" is laughable....again....it's called depth...teams with it...win championships

On 2021-12-17 at 2:49 PM, Booch said:

Yeah that injury moan and groan doesnt cut it, and prob benefitted them by allowing them to find better talent...Bishop..Prob would have done less than the 2 new guys....Vaughn at tackle...was prob a downgrade that replaced him, but the dude wasn't no hel in 2019 and the line sucked then...so this yr woulda sucked a bit less...same with Labatte bailing. He is/was not the same player as 4 yrs ago, so really...he was just a walking bandaid of his former self, and no longer a force out there...Dean..aging linebacker coming from a yr off...who knows what he may have offered them, but thats all on O'day

We lots our SAM in tc...a guy who prob woulda been an all-star, so Walters promptly went out and brought in someone....an All-star and solid solid replacement.....their other injuries...the fact that they really dont stand out in my mind tells you they were insignificant

Yet we started the season missing an all-star kicker, 2 all-star DB's...Our starting Will linebacker, lost our starting D-tackle in first game, were missing our starting All start "Canadian" tailback, but we filled those spots more than adequately....hello depth...and had to deal with loss of Adams...Demski...Harris again...Yoshi...all for extended periods....and just kept rolling around....so to say we were "lucky" is laughable....again....it's called depth...teams with it...win championships

Very true Booch.  Unfortunately the one area no team can really boast about depth is at QB.  What would have happened if Zach had gone down in week 4 for an extended period of time?  Would we still have kept rolling?  I don't know.  I just hope that the Mafia look at ways for us to get better depth at that position in the off season.

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Very true Booch.  Unfortunately the one area no team can really boast about depth is at QB.  What would have happened if Zach had gone down in week 4 for an extended period of time?  Would we still have kept rolling?  I don't know.  I just hope that the Mafia look at ways for us to get better depth at that position in the off season.

Glad we didn't have to find out..that being said..would have gave McGuire ample time to get his feet under him..

13 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Isn't bitching about qb depth a pleasant change from bitching about not having a QB? We've been a have not in terms of starting QB for so long it's nice to have our qb problem be the backup

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Hamilton, but that's about it. 

Just about every qb is a fa right now. I think Reilly and blm are the only ones under contract. 

I expect this to be a crazy off season with lots of qb turn over. 

Harris back to ott to play with plop would be hilarious. Less funny would be the cats stealing back collaros while we grab Evans. 

Seriously though I think Masoli should be the riders primary focus. He'd fit well in ott too. I think Harris could go back to tor. Evans is the most interesting though. Highest upside young but man he needs a run game and ol. Evans to tor with half of the free agent ol would be a good fit. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Just about every qb is a fa right now. I think Reilly and blm are the only ones under contract. 

I expect this to be a crazy off season with lots of qb turn over. 

Harris back to ott to play with plop would be hilarious. Less funny would be the cats stealing back collaros while we grab Evans. 

Seriously though I think Masoli should be the riders primary focus. He'd fit well in ott too. I think Harris could go back to tor. Evans is the most interesting though. Highest upside young but man he needs a run game and ol. Evans to tor with half of the free agent ol would be a good fit. 

I just don't see Collaros leaving,going back to the team you were once on that has been beat in back to back grey cups? I don't think Fajardo is going anywhere,I think the Riders try and pry an olineman out of Winnipeg and attempt to rebuild that trash oline.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Evans is the most interesting though. Highest upside young but man he needs a run game and ol. Evans to tor with half of the free agent ol would be a good fit. 

Hopefully all the overrating of the Hamilton OL, is over. 

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I just don't see Collaros leaving,going back to the team you were once on that has been beat in back to back grey cups? I don't think Fajardo is going anywhere,I think the Riders try and pry an olineman out of Winnipeg and attempt to rebuild that trash oline.

I think more than one team will try to pry an OL out of Winnipeg.  We have depth guys who could quite adequately start.