2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

8 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I think what some people are forgetting here is that in 2018 and 2019, most of Streveler's plays were run out of a handful of formations with various options available on each based on defensive alignment. It would take little to get that up and running again, particularly if Harris is available to us.  We ran multiple versions of the same few plays with pretty good success. Several of these formations we also use with Collaros now. It wouldn't take much time or effort to get a few more up and running for Strev if he were to return. The whole offence does not need to learn this stuff. They already know it, just need a refresher.

Even if we barely used Strev, the threat that we might makes preparing for him a problem in a Grey Cup week that offers limited time as it is.

If only our current OC had been on our coaching staff back then, he'd be able to seamlessly integrate these plays based on his prior experience.  Hmmm.....

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

My favourite was In the Calgary game day thread when Dru Brown flat out dropped the ball on the 5 yard line, and for a couple of fans it somehow became the fault of the former OC who hasn’t been with the team for two years. 

Yeah but that wasn't me though, I was sitting pretty much in front of it and I said I liked the call, but you gotta hang onto the damned ball.

7 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Enough to put up significantly better stats than Micah Johnson. 

You ain't lying.

Casey Sayles (playing mostly as a back up/rotational guy) :

14 Games  28 tackles 5 sacks

(Retired) Micah Johnson:

12 games 19 tackles 2 sacks 

Where the hell is cry baby Derek Taylor now?  They got 2 players selected and neither deserve to be there let alone the three who didn't. 

I mean... they couldn't just make the whole Bombers team the all-star squad... though it wouldn't have been inaccurate...

Let's remember there were a lot of salty people when the Bombers had a few snubs in 2019... and we got the last laugh... I'm not concerned about it, but I hope our team ignores those individual accolades and focuses on the team goal... they can worry about all-star nominations when it comes to negotiating a new contract or collecting bonus money... 

47 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Im not exactly counting snaps.  However, if Sayles did these numbers in 30% of snaps imagine what kind of numbers he would have with 70% of snaps. He's a real up and comer. 

It will be nice to get back to a full season next year. 

Depending on how much of our team we can keep together.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

I never in a million years woulda guessed Sayles played that much/had that much of an impact.......

Sayles was constantly side line to side line and back 10 yards making plays. He's got insanely good range. Stove does too but Sayles moves like a de. We've long been high on dts like him. He's the best pass rushing dt In a good while for us. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Im not exactly counting snaps.  However, if Sayles did these numbers in 30% of snaps imagine what kind of numbers he would have with 70% of snaps. He's a real up and comer. 

If Sayles took starters reps in a full season with full tc he's the type of guy who could be a top every stat category among dl. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of him in the play offs. Could even see some 3 dt 1 de fronts.