2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Micah Johnson 19 DT, 2 Sacks in 12 games

Richardson 13 DT, 4 sacks, 7 games

I am outraged by this!

You should be outraged. Stove was miles better than Johnson. I'm guessing the fact he only played 7 games was what did his selection in.

I'm really quite surprised by how our team was snubbed. We easily had 20 all stars and it is a crying shame that they did not recognize some of our players to appease fan bases in Regina, and Calgary.

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You should be outraged. Stove was miles better than Johnson. I'm guessing the fact he only played 7 games was what did his selection in.

I'm really quite surprised by how our team was snubbed. We easily had 20 all stars and it is a crying shame that they did not recognize some of our players to appease fan bases in Regina, and Calgary.

I am sure the yappy idiot Cryders and Stumps will claim this is "motivation" 

Alford and Jones are threats to leave for the NFL.

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Clearly another record. 

So I did some digging. The all-time record for divisional nominations for one team is 17, first set by the 1993 Blue Bombers and tied by the 2009 Montreal Alouettes. The 1981 Tiger Cats, 1989 Eskimos, 1997 Argonauts and 2007 BC Lions all had 15 noms, the next highest number. The record for CFL all-stars in one year is 11 by the 1997 Argo team, followed by the 1984 and 1987 Bomber teams as well as the 1981 and 1989 Eskimo teams and 2009 Als team with 10. The 84 and 87 Bomber teams each had 12 divisional noms, and the 1993 team had 7 CFL all-stars.

And for completeness, the 2007 BC team had 9 CFL all-stars, the 1981 Tiger Cats had a shockingly low 3 CFL all-stars given their high number of divisional noms. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Riders host radio station screaming bloody murder about them being "snubbed"..... love it. 15 was a bare minimum...coulda/shoulda been more... Steve Richardson, Michael Couture, any number of other DBs.....

https://www.620ckrm.com/2021/11/24/multiple-riders-snubbed-for-west-division-all-stars/?sc_ref=twitter

could a title possibly be more bush league?

47 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Hey guys remember that time a ball was thrown directly at Odell Willis in the GC and he just dropped it and decided to get a DUI a few months later instead.

I'm still really really angry about that.... we honestly had a chance in that game, if he catches that and we get 6.

So the “multiple” snubs are in fact 3 players, with 2 being defensive ends AC Leonard (who is not going to get past his drug test cloud this year) and Johnathan Woodard, who got half of his 10 sacks in two early games against the Cats and RBlacks and had a pretty quiet second half so the year, and who were up against Jefferson and Jeffcoat, so really? You are going to bump one of them? The third was their converted safety Purifoy, whose numbers were almost indentical to Brandon Alexander’s, but with less special teams work and a much less powerful secondary overall. Hardly snubs.