2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

McGuire was the third string when Streve was here in 19'....Zack ...Streve....McGuire for the Cup run....sounds good to me......McGuire has a pulled groin....those don't heal quickly.....Streveller as the insurance would be the way to go...The time line would be tight to get Chris in bluengold again BUT not impossible....I think it falls to Streve on what he wants to do....Come back for the Cup run and weigh out his options in 22'...He could still get nfl interest BUT IF he doesn't I would like to see him stick around....preferrably with us...

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

So what? I would rather he do it than what we have seen so far from our backups. 

I am fully aware he potentially has to go in and finish a game.

I am good with it. 

Not how self isolation works but I like the way you think! 

Finish a game? That would be one thing. But there's 2 games left. I would not like to see him start the GC.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Hopefully. But it was a bad enough injury for him to miss a chance to get real game time.

Nah, i would look at it from this perspective... He's hurt and the #2. Putting him in a nothing game risks him complicating his injury further, besides with the game being meaningless, there was little upside in starting him.

I am sure if that were a playoff game McGuire could have gone if necessary.

2 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Nah, i would look at it from this perspective... He's hurt and the #2. Putting him in a nothing game risks him complicating his injury further, besides with the game being meaningless, there was little upside in starting him.

I am sure if that were a playoff game McGuire could have gone if necessary.

Agreed. I seem to remember Irving mentioning that it was a minor injury that occurred in practice.

32 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

But he MIGHT have to. That's why he needs to know the playbook as well as whoever he would be replacing. He would be 1 maybe 2 plays away from having to run the Offence for who knows how long. Collaros goes down play #2 Mcguire goes down in 3rd Q. Now we have a qb who only understands 4 maybe 5 plays out of the playbook? That's the potential situation people are asking for. It's not fair for anyone unfortunately.

Sometimes the best playbook is the one drawn up in the sand. It would be a defensive nightmare to scheme for the possibilities of that with an athletic quarterback like Strevler. The only good defense would be to go blitz crazy and with someone as mobile as Strev that strategy could even burn a defense big time.

35 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

So you want Dru Brown to potentially? 

I don't. 

I don't get how any one could want brown over McGuire. McGuire had a fraction of the playbook and ol vs a good pass rush d. Brown was like a deer In the head lights vs an anemic stamps pr d. Idk if I'd want brown to start in flag football with how he handled the ball. 

59 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If nothing else bring this kid in to come hang out with fans at the game😄

I would pay just to do that. 

I love how at the 45 second mark, right after Strevs says that he's lit right now, Bob Irving comes into the frame on the right side just laughing at Strevs and his comments.  Bob must have just been bursting up there.