2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

1 hour ago, CodyT said:

I could see a CFL team making him their number one guy going into next year, although I dont think he has the tools as a passer to be a #1 the NFL may have helped that area of his game along

I don't see it.  There will be too many good options out there.  The only team that doesn't have a starter I'd Ottawa and you've got Dane Evans or Masoli available and one of Montreals qbs. 

From Bob Irving on Twitter.  "Chris Streveler gets cut by Arizona, creating a lot of interesting chatter in the Blue Bomber inner sanctum. IF Streveler clears NFL waivers & IF he would even be interested in bringing his 2019 Grey Cup fur coat back to Wpg, there are no rules prohibiting the Bombers signing him."

What I'm reading into this is that the bombers have discussed it internally and would be interested. Like he knows they have talked about it and they told him that there are no rules preventing it. 

I see zero reason to sign Chris Streveler for this season,   the guy would have to learn a completely new system in a matter of a week?   It makes no sense for him either since I'd imagine he would like to try making it with another club in the NFL.

Now moving forward signing him next season I'm all for it.    

What system??? It's the same players and a tweaked version of the old play book. But throw the play book out... Who needs it?? Just let him go out there and do what he does. It's basically sandlot football... If you don't see a reason to bring him in for two games, then go back and look at the highlight pack of his that I posted earlier in the thread. It's all you need to see. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Even if they just trot him out pre-game to give him his Grey Cup ring at the West Final.  The entire stadium would explode.

As much as I would love to see him come here and run for 75 yards a game, throw a couple TDs and truck a few linebackers… if that can’t happen, this is the next best thing… bombers could bring him in as a “special guest” for the day and just get the stadium in a frenzy!

43 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I see zero reason to sign Chris Streveler for this season,   the guy would have to learn a completely new system in a matter of a week?   It makes no sense for him either since I'd imagine he would like to try making it with another club in the NFL.

Considering the tire fire at backup, I find this a bad take no offense

47 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I mean, do you even watch football?

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

What system??? It's the same players and a tweaked version of the old play book. But throw the play book out... Who needs it?? Just let him go out there and do what he does. It's basically sandlot football... If you don't see a reason to bring him in for two games, then go back and look at the highlight pack of his that I posted earlier in the thread. It's all you need to see. 

Im pretty sure I remember michael bishop starting for the bombers the week he was signed. Labour day classic I want to say?

My point is streveler is still probably an upgrade over the other 2 guys AND creates a new ripple for the offence

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Dont forget that Winston Rose was away from the system and they plugged him in like he never left. Streveler could start next week if we played as backup.

1 hour ago, CodyT said:

Im pretty sure I remember michael bishop starting for the bombers the week he was signed. Labour day classic I want to say?

My point is streveler is still probably an upgrade over the other 2 guys AND creates a new ripple for the offence

I think I remember MB starting for us and beating the Argos in Toronto.  Somewhere in mid to late August, so not far off Labour Day.

1 hour ago, White Out said:

Considering the tire fire at backup, I find this a bad take no offense

I think that in this situation Strevs would blow it away, like it wasn't even a job for him.

1 hour ago, CodyT said:

https://www.cfl.ca/games/1583/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-toronto-argonauts/?_ga=2.77510557.901690365.1637646008-244961031.1637646008

MB's first game with the Bombers - August 1, 2009

Richie Williams, Bryan Randall and Stefan Lefors all had gone down prior to this.  MB was our last hope that season.

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

https://www.cfl.ca/games/1583/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-toronto-argonauts/?_ga=2.77510557.901690365.1637646008-244961031.1637646008

MB's first game with the Bombers - August 1, 2009

Richie Williams, Bryan Randall and Stefan Lefors all had gone down prior to this.  MB was our last hope that season.

Sheesh I forgot about Randall and Williams.  I wonder if Lefors was better than he was given credit for and a product of his surroundings.

I think I remember MB having a few decent games. Just heaved the ball up every play

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

I mean, do you even watch football?

I watch real football yes,  I do not base real life football with playing Madden video games and assuming QB's can pick up everything in one week.    

Most smart coaches wouldn't invest 2 years in a QB only to dump him for the possibility of signing a guy and expecting him to pick up a brand new offense within a week and learn the full play book.     If it were so easy then why wouldn't Saskatchewan sign Strev and put him in as a starter against Calgary?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I watch real football yes,  I do not base real life football with playing Madden video games and assuming QB's can pick up everything in one week.    

Most smart coaches wouldn't invest 2 years in a QB only to dump him for the possibility of signing a guy and expecting him to pick up a brand new offense within a week and learn the full play book.     If it were so easy then why wouldn't Saskatchewan sign Strev and put him in as a starter against Calgary?

They would give him a set number of plays in a package off of short yardage. He could go in & execute those plays. He doesn't need to know the entire playbook. 

14 minutes ago, Nolby said:

My point was and comparison with Rose is that the system likely hasn't changed enough where Streveler couldn't come in for short yardage or garbage time.

It's a valid point. And it's not like Streveler would be at all unfamiliar with the short yardage/jumbo package, anyway. He'd simply add another layer to the offense, similar to what we saw on their run two years ago.

In 2018 Streveler was our starting QB after TC with zero experience in the league. At the time, he was commended for his ability to learn the playbook in record time. As for playbook, you dust off half a dozen or so plays that our team already knows intimately from 2019 and bingo bango Strev's doing his thing and he becomes the game planning nightmare for DCs like he was last year in the playoffs.

Edited by GCn20

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

First of all, we aren't starting Strev. That would be too much to ask. Secondly even without intimate knowledge of our playbook he gives us a better shot to win the game than McGuire or Brown should Collaros get injured. But you bring him back mostly for his ability to come in for 6-10 plays and run over people.