2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

15 hours ago, Nolby said:

I don't even see Collaros having any interest in going back to Toronto whatsoever,as for Dane, Hamilton will sign him and deal Masoli. Crazy prediction....Bo Levi is dealt in favor of a youner Maier and shipped to Toronto in the off season, Masoli ends up in Edmonton.

Idk. If I was collaros I wouldn't want to leave and certainly wouldn't want to go to any team with out a great ol. It'll be interesting to see. 

I'm a big believer in Dane if I was tor or mtl id go after him hard. 

5 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

No disrespect to Collaros, but I’d say 70% of the credit should go to the Oline. I have a hard time seeing him MOP on any other team. He is still by far my favourite QB, however there are a couple of other QBs that could potentially be MOPs behind this years Oline. 

70%? It's not like Collaros is putting in 30% of the work; QB is a major part of a team's success.

No doubt there are a number of pivots who'd thrive behind this O-line but he still needs the tools to be successful: a good arm, accurate passing, vision of the field, mobility, plus intangibles like leadership. Collaros possesses all of those even if the hogs up front are making his job easier to do. He still has to execute and he's been surgically efficient in 2021.

It's an amalgam of equal parts, IMO. Which is to say nothing about the RBs, receivers, and coaches (OC in particular). This offense as a whole has more often than not been lights out this season and perhaps the most balanced, well-oiled offensive unit we've seen in these parts in years.

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

70%? It's not like Collaros is putting in 30% of the work; QB is a major part of a team's success.

No doubt there are a number of pivots who'd thrive behind this O-line but he still needs the tools to be successful: a good arm, accurate passing, vision of the field, mobility, plus intangibles like leadership. Collaros possesses all of those even if the hogs up front are making his job easier to do. He still has to execute and he's been surgically efficient in 2021.

It's an amalgam of equal parts, IMO. Which is to say nothing about the RBs, receivers, and coaches (OC in particular). This offense as a whole has more often than not been lights out this season and perhaps the most balanced, well-oiled offensive unit we've seen in these parts in years.

I recognize that. This team is full of all stars. There is no disputing that. Maybe 70% is a bit high, I just don’t think he would even be upright playing behind any of the other olines on any of the other team. My point being is that this Oline has been outstanding two years in a row. Collaros has made the most of a magnificent opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Every great championship team has a great OL. Troy Aikman behind the Wall of Dallas. Tom Clements behind the 1984 Bombers OL with Lyle Bauer, Mark Moors, val Belcher, John Bonk.  Nick Bastaja & Chris Walby, Edmonton's OL with first Tom Wilkinson, Warren Moon & then Matt Dunigan & Damon Allen. the Green Bay packers of the 1960's with their two pulling guards Jerry Kraemer & Jim Ringo leading the Green Bay Sweep & protecting QB Bart Starr. I mean, no one can say that it's 70% OL & 30% QB. It's a team effort with all the players meshing together believing in their cause & brotherhood. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who would they be?

I think either Massoli or Evans would be incredible on this team. Possibly Reilly? He hasn’t had much of a chance behind that Swiss cheese of a line. Chung has been terrible this year. My vote for worse player of the year. He would be more effective if he just stood still. Like I said…this by no means is a slam on Collaros. It’s just my opinion of how unbelievable this Oline has been. It is a team game and nobody in the history of the game that has won MOP done it without a supporting cast. 

Just now, Dirty30 said:

I think either Massoli or Evans would be incredible on this team. Possibly Reilly? He hasn’t had much of a chance behind that Swiss cheese of a line. Chung has been terrible this year. My vote for worse player of the year. He would be more effective if he just stood still. Like I said…this by no means is a slam on Collaros. It’s just my opinion of how unbelievable this Oline has been. It is a team game and nobody in the history of the game that has won MOP done it without a supporting cast. 

I'd like Dane Evans but not Masoli or Reilly. Reilly is getting old fast in front of our eyes. I haven't seen him engage with his offense once this season on the sidelines to fire them up. He just goes to the bench, sits down & stares at his device. Only seems to talk to Nathan Rourke. He looks pissed off all the time. With his OL I don't blame him but leadership isn't about pouting or pointing fingers. It's about inspiring others & making them believe they can win. I don't see any of that with Reilly. 

12 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I recognize that. This team is full of all stars. There is no disputing that. Maybe 70% is a bit high, I just don’t think he would even be upright playing behind any of the other olines on any of the other team. My point being is that this Oline has been outstanding two years in a row. Collaros has made the most of a magnificent opportunity. 

There's quite a bit I disagree with/am confused about in your narrative, but this......c'mon. This OL has been outstanding a lot longer than 2 years. We've had the best OL in the league by a mile for 2 years, but we've had a damn good OL much longer than that. I mean, going back to the Chungh/Goossen days, we've had an incredible OL. Virtually all of Matt Nichols/Andrew Harris's tenures, there was a phenomenal OL. 

What makes Collaros truly special is his ability to scramble and throw on the run. He does all the little things right, but the thing that makes him elite is his pocket presence and ability to move and find guys on the run. That's why he's the undisputed MOP this year...

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd like Dane Evans but not Masoli or Reilly. Reilly is getting old fast in front of our eyes. 

I think we could get a few good years out of Reilly yet, with an OL and some weapons, but I agree...he's not a long term solution. Also have no use for Masoli and would prefer Dane, tho I am not sold on him either...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There's quite a bit I disagree with/am confused about in your narrative, but this......c'mon. This OL has been outstanding a lot longer than 2 years. We've had the best OL in the league by a mile for 2 years, but we've had a damn good OL much longer than that. I mean, going back to the Chungh/Goossen days, we've had an incredible OL. Virtually all of Matt Nichols/Andrew Harris's tenures, there was a phenomenal OL. 

What makes Collaros truly special is his ability to scramble and throw on the run. He does all the little things right, but the thing that makes him elite is his pocket presence and ability to move and find guys on the run. That's why he's the undisputed MOP this year...

I think we could get a few good years out of Reilly yet, with an OL and some weapons, but I agree...he's not a long term solution. Also have no use for Masoli and would prefer Dane, tho I am not sold on him either...

I absolutely love Zach Collaros as a Bomber fan. He can work magic out there by scrambling & extending plays. He doesn't take off & run much with the ball which is a good thing but he can wear out a defensive line as they are in chase mode all game. 

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Winnipeg has had a good to very good oline over the past several years (Everyone know that since Walters became GM his focus has always been on improving the oline and CDN content), but I would argue not better than these past two, which have benefited Collaros and more than likey helped him extend his career.  The poor guy has been beaten like a piñata throughout his time in the cfl.  Collaros has always been elusive but that has never stopped him from taking hellacious hits. I think it’s safe to say that he was one or two hard hits away from having to call it a career when he was traded for. I think he’s been levelled hard 4 or 5 times since becoming a Bomber(not including late hits that are not the fault of the oline). Every game you can see he plays with so much confidence and poise because he does not have to worry about getting blindsided. Again…I am not saying that Collaros is not one of the best (in my opinion he is the best) QBs in the league. It’s just my opinion that this Oline should get a lot of the credit for his MOP status. I honestly don’t think he would be playing right now if he were on any other team. Every other QB has been hung out to dry by their oline this year. I believe Collaros and *** out in Saskatchewan are the only two number 1 QBs that have not missed a game do to injury. 

Lol I apologize if my opinion(s) upsets some of you or ruins your day. It was not my intention.  I shared my opinion because I truly believe that this was a forum where that was encouraged.  I have no issue with agreeing to disagree.  

Edited by Dirty30

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I absolutely love Zach Collaros as a Bomber fan. He can work magic out there by scrambling & extending plays. He doesn't take off & run much with the ball which is a good thing but he can wear out a defensive line as they are in chase mode all game. 

I totally agree. I wear his jersey proudly to every second  game (Have to wear my Biggie jersey every other one).  He is the most complete QB we have had in many years.  Walters was a genius to make that trade and I commend him and OShea for letting Nichols go in order to keep Collaros.  I am and always will be concerned about that next hit though because even though it’s been a while, the guy has taken more than his fair share of head shots. 

Edited by Dirty30

20 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I totally agree. I wear his jersey proudly to every second  game (Have to wear my Biggie jersey every other one).  He is the most complete QB we have had in many years.  Walters was a genius to make that trade and I commend him and OShea for letting Nichols go in order to keep Collaros.  I am and always will be concerned about that next hit though because even though it’s been a while, the guy has taken more than his fair share of head shots. 

Obviously we all weren't wearing the same glasses that Walter was when he saw what Collaros could bring to this team. Many of us probably were dumbfounded at first but man,this guy has played lights out and will be winning himself an MVP award.Walters will never be questioned again.

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Obviously we all weren't wearing the same glasses that Walter was when he saw what Collaros could bring to this team. Many of us probably were dumbfounded at first but man,this guy has played lights out and will be winning himself an MVP award.Walters will never be questioned again.

Who was dumbfounded?  

It was pretty much agreed upon that if Zach was healthy that he was a massive upgrade over Nichols.    Nobody ever questioned the guys talent,  it was all about if the guy was able to take a hit and keep playing or not.  

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And he sells fakes very, very well.  A master of trickeration.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

So... you're saying.... team?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who would they be?

Michael Reilly for one... 

Also... he'd totally fit in to the locker room. NOT saying Collaros doesn't, but yeah MR would totally fit into this locker room... though, his salary wouldn't. Ever.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Collaros legs alone are 30 percent of our success. If he didn't have the ability to avoid the rush and make plays down field we don't have the 19 Grey Cup or the western final this year. 

Every one is important and the ol is great. But teams send more than 4 or 5 rushers frequently. 

I think its pretty unlikely that Michael Reilly leaves BC. But in a world where Collaras was to lets say leave for BC and Reilly was available I think there could be a fit in Winnipeg. He's been getting beaten up in BC and isn't getting any younger. He could sign for the most money which is typically with the worst team or he could take less money and play in Winnipeg. In a good situation he can win championships, protect his body for life after football and gets more years out of his career. I hope for his sake that BC either improves around him or he ends up somewhere where he is going to be protected. 

5 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

No disrespect to Collaros, but I’d say 70% of the credit should go to the Oline. I have a hard time seeing him MOP on any other team. He is still by far my favourite QB, however there are a couple of other QBs that could potentially be MOPs behind this years Oline. 

There are no other qb’s behind this line so, it’s logical to to give ZC credit because he is performing.