2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Is it common knowledge that Collaros is a FA after this year?

I had no idea.

These quarterbacks are set to become free agents in February 2022

McLeod Bethel-Thompson, Toronto Argonauts

Zach Collaros, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

The ten-year veteran has turned back the clock this season, playing like the Most Outstanding Player candidate we saw in Hamilton five years ago. Collaros leads the league in passing yards (2,832), touchdown passes (18) and quarterback efficiency rating (111.7) and is widely considered the front-runner to win M.O.P. this year.

Dominique Davis, Ottawa Redblacks

Dane Evans, Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Isaac Harker, Saskatchewan Roughriders

Jake Maier, Calgary Stampeders

Jeremiah Masoli, Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Sean McGuire, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

The 25-year-old has been in The Peg since the start of the 2019 season and has played sparingly, completing four-of-nine pass attempts for 72 yards. With Winnipeg having already clinched first place in the West Division, it's possible we'll see a lot of McGuire over the next three weeks.

David Watford, Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Signed through 2022: Vernon Adams Jr., Montreal Alouettes; Nick Arbuckle, Edmonton Elks; Taylor Cornelius, Edmonton Elks; Caleb Evans, Ottawa Redblacks; Cody Fajardo, Saskatchewan Roughriders; Trevor Harris, Montreal Alouettes; Paxton Lynch, Saskatchewan Roughriders; Bo Levi Mitchell, Calgary Stampeders; Matt Nichols, Ottawa Redblacks; Dakota Prukop, Edmonton Elks; Michael Reilly, B.C. Lions.

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

These quarterbacks are set to become free agents in February 2022

McLeod Bethel-Thompson, Toronto Argonauts

Zach Collaros, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

The ten-year veteran has turned back the clock this season, playing like the Most Outstanding Player candidate we saw in Hamilton five years ago. Collaros leads the league in passing yards (2,832), touchdown passes (18) and quarterback efficiency rating (111.7) and is widely considered the front-runner to win M.O.P. this year.

Dominique Davis, Ottawa Redblacks

Dane Evans, Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Isaac Harker, Saskatchewan Roughriders

Jake Maier, Calgary Stampeders

Jeremiah Masoli, Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Sean McGuire, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

The 25-year-old has been in The Peg since the start of the 2019 season and has played sparingly, completing four-of-nine pass attempts for 72 yards. With Winnipeg having already clinched first place in the West Division, it's possible we'll see a lot of McGuire over the next three weeks.

David Watford, Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Signed through 2022: Vernon Adams Jr., Montreal Alouettes; Nick Arbuckle, Edmonton Elks; Taylor Cornelius, Edmonton Elks; Caleb Evans, Ottawa Redblacks; Cody Fajardo, Saskatchewan Roughriders; Trevor Harris, Montreal Alouettes; Paxton Lynch, Saskatchewan Roughriders; Bo Levi Mitchell, Calgary Stampeders; Matt Nichols, Ottawa Redblacks; Dakota Prukop, Edmonton Elks; Michael Reilly, B.C. Lions.

Yeah, that is where I learned he is a FA. I guess it made sense coming off a 4 game sample size. 

I am sure we will figure it out, but he picked  good year to be in the MOP race.

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, that is where I learned he is a FA. I guess it made sense coming off a 4 game sample size. 

I am sure we will figure it out, but he picked  good year to be in the MOP race.

I had absolutely no idea Collaros was a FA either. Now I have a fear he goes back to Toronto. 

why must I fear the worst

I'm not too worried about Zach being a free agent.  He's a good qb.  The team is benefitting from him and he is benefitting from the team.  He's not going to go to some team where he won't be able to stay healthy.  And if he does there will be plenty of qbs available who will find the job in Winnipeg appealing. 

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

I had absolutely no idea Collaros was a FA either. Now I have a fear he goes back to Toronto. 

Just enjoy 2021!

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

I'm not too worried about Zach being a free agent.  He's a good qb.  The team is benefitting from him and he is benefitting from the team.  He's not going to go to some team where he won't be able to stay healthy.  And if he does there will be plenty of qbs available who will find the job in Winnipeg appealing. 

I think ZC wants to stay, but if he leaves I don't think attracting a good starter will be a problem.

26 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He signed a two-year extension after 2019. He restructured his deal prior to this season. 

4 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

I think Zack will re-sign. We took a chance on him when no one else would & he knows that. He's probably had more fun playing for the Bombers than anywhere else. He has chemistry with his receivers & has a very, very good OL blocking for him. I think he has a great relationship with Buck, OSh & Walters. If the Bombers pay him what he is truly worth, I'm sure he'll stay. If he's lowballed & feels unappreciated then sure, he'll leave but I just can't see that happening. 

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't see any issues of them getting Collaros back at all,  why in the hell would he leave?   I'd be more concerned about Ottawa trying to scoop McGuire.

I think they'll be all in on developing caleb Evans. Besides, LaPo doesn't believe he needs veterans at receiver to win. If I was a FA qb, Ottawa would be the last place I'd want to play. Ottawa is where qbs go to die career wise. I think there'll be a mass exodus of veterans who'll want outta there.

48 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Dane Evans will be hottly sought after.

I don't think collaros goes to Toronto with that ol but a bunch of teams will make lucrative offers to him. 

I don't even see Collaros having any interest in going back to Toronto whatsoever,as for Dane, Hamilton will sign him and deal Masoli. Crazy prediction....Bo Levi is dealt in favor of a youner Maier and shipped to Toronto in the off season, Masoli ends up in Edmonton.

31 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I don't even see Collaros having any interest in going back to Toronto whatsoever,as for Dane, Hamilton will sign him and deal Masoli. Crazy prediction....Bo Levi is dealt in favor of a youner Maier and shipped to Toronto in the off season, Masoli ends up in Edmonton.

I expect BLM to play in Toronto next year. Makes sense for everyone involved. 

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I said this yesterday but Mitchell has no more excuses of young receivers making mistakes or dropping catchable footballs. He now has Jorden & Brescascin to throw to. If he can't be successful with those 2 veterans then yes, he needs to be replaced by Maier next season who has shown plenty of promise. 

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I said this yesterday but Mitchell has no more excuses of young receivers making mistakes or dropping catchable footballs. He now has Jorden & Brescascin to throw to. If he can't be successful with those 2 veterans then yes, he needs to be replaced by Maier next season who has shown plenty of promise. 

And now Reggie as well,he's got a serious receiving corp,and you're right,no excuses.