2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So, what would have happened if the Bombers put Harris on the one-game and he ends up being out for the season?

You'd be on here saying the Bombers wasted SMS money and should have put him on the 6 game.

The Bombers don't lie about injuries. They just provide minimal details about the injuries and are always optimist regarding the player's status.

The old 'What if' scenario, with a made up answer just to take a shot at me. 🙄

Cuz you brought it up: If Harris was put on the one game, I wouldn't complain about it. Then again, I didn't complain that he was put on the 6 game and I won't complain if he's taken off early so we don't get the SMS advantage.

If MOS says a player looks like he's good to go, that means his leg is still attached to his body, not that he's actually good to go.

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah I really like borsa too. He has rare speed and quickness. Could be a good one. And the great thing is he won't need to rush at all. He will get lots of time to learn the pro game. 

I think one of bailey and demskis runs got charted as a pass ala shovel, but we did have a great stretch of even when you knew we were running you had no idea who was gonna get the touch. Bailey looks really good on the sweeps too. Being able to mix 4 guys through carries with many various looks is a tremendous threat. I hope buck continues to harness that. Also, I really wish we'd get grant in on some offensive touches. Thats the most dangerous guy on the team with the ball in his hands imo. 

The big difference too, was that plop just ran fly sweeps. It wasnt till late 18 when demski had started actually doing damage with the sweeps that we saw jet motion used to pull defenders and stretch them out of the box on runs to harris. That motion is really what made our offense work, as we especially saw with out demski early this year. Suddenly you have 2 viable ball carriers running in different directions and the defense has to be patient and stay at home, wait for the hand off and carefully watch to go for the right guy. That also has opened up some pretty good quick screens, especially in the first half of the first elk game. But also in the last game we saw play action, a fake pump to a screener and a brilliant timing route at the seam to darvin adams for a huge gain. 

Fajardo at his best in 19 carved up those timing routes, add in PA / sweep motion / and or the screen that the sweep opens and good luck defending that. 

Dressler was great, and got us some good gains with that screen, but man plop really knocked a couple years off his career with those runs. 

I just remember Dressler getting killed on the play & wondering WTH was LaPo doing?? Now they're wondering the same in Ottawa. 

16 hours ago, Brandon said:
09-01
12 SSK 12 98 0 8.2 55
09-07
13 SSK 16 75 0 4.7 12

He played 2 games in 2019 against Saskatchewan and IMO those are decent numbers.   

They are solid  but ssk wasn't a good run d team imop. And 55 yards on 1 carry then 43 on 11 isn't great. That's the type of guy you should work in but would be very hard to run 20 times a game in our offense. 

That said he could easily become a feature every down back with reps. Which is why we should split reps the rest of the way. We know Brady won't give up like jwj if running is tough and he can still put up 20 touches in that situation. We know he has great hands and is a good blocker. Augustine could be a great rotational weapon for us right now. And he might be able to grow into more with the reps. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just remember Dressler getting killed on the play & wondering WTH was LaPo doing?? Now they're wondering the same in Ottawa. 

I remember it one time right after he came back from an injury too. It was crazy!

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

They are solid  but ssk wasn't a good run d team imop.

Saskatchewan had the 2nd best run defense (next to us) in 2019.   They also had a top 3 pass defense.    

Those numbers I posted were the only 2 games Augustine started ,   so tell me once again why this guy is a bum based on how much he produced on the amount of carries he was given?   This was also in an offense in which we had zero passing attack at the time (unlike this season).  

Augustine is a good change of pace back.. he's generally good for 1 huge run a game and a bunch where he gets 2 yards. 

Brady is better overall tho and that's why he is starting. Bottom line Augustine should be better because Brady Is basically a rookie having an injury all rookie season. Augustine is not but coaches go Brady.. why? Cuz he's pretty consistent.  Augustine with his speed if he can catch would be neat to try as receiver or u know.. Bailey demski type run plays.  Don't think he's an every down guy tho 

I look at Harris Brady Borsa and they are built like brick **** houses.. designed to take a licking but keep on ticking. Augustine seems more kick returner where he's quick but... I feel he doesn't last 2 games as a starter. 

Edited by Goalie

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

Did they announce how many season tickets they sold for 2021? With over a month to go with the best team we've seen in these parts in 20 years, I hope the stadium is full!

I just can't see this game selling out...what with the time of year and all........but here's hoping. 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I just can't see this game selling out...what with the time of year and all........but here's hoping. 

There is also a Jets-Leafs game at 6:00 pm that evening. Wade Miller is arranging buses straight from IG Field to Canada Life Centre but I don’t see TSN or Sportsnet’s home town hockey moving either game time to accommodate. So the Leaf bandwagon in Winnipeg will siphon off some fans as well. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Saskatchewan had the 2nd best run defense (next to us) in 2019.   They also had a top 3 pass defense.    

Those numbers I posted were the only 2 games Augustine started ,   so tell me once again why this guy is a bum based on how much he produced on the amount of carries he was given?   This was also in an offense in which we had zero passing attack at the time (unlike this season).  

Yards don't tell the story. Some teams get run on less and especially these days with few heavy run teams. 

Who said he's a bum? Did you get that by Me saying carries should be split with him and Brady does that day he's a bum to you? Lmao classic Brandon. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Augustine is a good change of pace back.. he's generally good for 1 huge run a game and a bunch where he gets 2 yards. 

Brady is better overall tho and that's why he is starting. Bottom line Augustine should be better because Brady Is basically a rookie having an injury all rookie season. Augustine is not but coaches go Brady.. why? Cuz he's pretty consistent.  Augustine with his speed if he can catch would be neat to try as receiver or u know.. Bailey demski type run plays.  Don't think he's an every down guy tho 

I look at Harris Brady Borsa and they are built like brick **** houses.. designed to take a licking but keep on ticking. Augustine seems more kick returner where he's quick but... I feel he doesn't last 2 games as a starter. 

Augustine is jacked maybe the most of all of em. I'd say borsa is more of a kr guy. Augustine isn't listed at a huge weight but he's short af. He was a power runner in college. Now he's improved his speed. If he ran at the combine like he can now he'd probably be a top 2 or 3 round pick easily. Maybe a late first his work out was extremely impressive out side of his running. 

I see Brady as a bigger Harris. Augustine as a stronger demski and borsa as a more versatile version of peterrman

35 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The game will sell out. Very rarely does a team get 6 weeks to drum up corporate and business support for a fixed date. This is very doable. Actual attendance will depend on the weather primarily but I suspect that a lot of businesses will buy and raffle tix off.

I hope you're right... but I have my doubts based solely on the potential for a freezing cold day in early December...

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

There is also a Jets-Leafs game at 6:00 pm that evening. Wade Miller is arranging buses straight from IG Field to Canada Life Centre but I don’t see TSN or Sportsnet’s home town hockey moving either game time to accommodate. So the Leaf bandwagon in Winnipeg will siphon off some fans as well. 

Wonder if they move the WF to noon and the EF to 3:30?

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/games/2604/#playbyplay

under 2 yards - 5

3 - 4 yards - 3

5 + yards - 4

https://www.bluebombers.com/games/2609/#playbyplay

under 2 yards - 4

3 - 4 yards - 5

5 + yards - 7

Once again.....  what are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The league should switch the East and West start times. 

1. Weather 

2. Conflicting time with a Jets game vs the Leafs.

This should be done immediately. There is no reason the East Final needs to be the early game. 

I think this is going to be what happens. Will be nice to have the game in the sunshine (knocks on wood).

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

It was sunny the last time we hosted a Final. Sunny but ****ing cold. My beer was freezing as fast as I could drink it. So, I drank faster. 

Remember it well. Absolutely freezing. Sitting in section S and the guy in front of us was about 6'7", standing the whole game, and kept us in the shade when we were sitting (which wasn't often). Also remember the frozen beer. 

CFL needs to move it, it was dumb from the jump. 

The NHL ain't moving anything that is Sunday night game for the Leafs on Sportsnet. The Leafs don't get bumped.