2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Only YOU would be arguing about an injury the day after a 45-0 beatdown & clinched 1st place for the first time since 1972. 

Geebrr's Creebrr's, I'm not arguing. I just gave my opinion.

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Asking me to "let it go"  then you make further bsseless speculation about the injury based on your non medical degree and watching it on TV.

They are calling it a knee injury yet you know better because you saw him grab behind his leg at one point and you think you know why.

"Giving your opinion" when it has been called a knee injury. There is nothing vague about calling it a knee injury in terms of what body part is injured. 

Substantiate it with something or let it go. 

Is baseless your word of the day? Use it a bunch of times and it becomes your word? Maybe you should look up what it means.

If you want to watch it again, you'll see him grab his leg in the end zone. That's what I'm basing my opinion on. Is it right? Maybe. Maybe not. Is it a knee cuz 'they' say so? Maybe. Maybe not. Does MOS or the club ever give us the truth about injuries? Nope.

If you'd left it alone in the first place, it would have been forgotten by now. That's on you.

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Geebrr's Creebrr's, I'm not arguing. I just gave my opinion.

Is baseless your word of the day? Use it a bunch of times and it becomes your word? Maybe you should look up what it means.

If you want to watch it again, you'll see him grab his leg in the end zone. That's what I'm basing my opinion on. Is it right? Maybe. Maybe not. Is it a knee cuz 'they' say so? Maybe. Maybe not. Does MOS or the club ever give us the truth about injuries? Nope.

If you'd left it alone in the first place, it would have been forgotten by now. That's on you.

It isn't up for debate. It has been listed as his knee. Again, this isn't a "lower body injury". This is a specific body part.

Your unrelenting desire to be some truth teller is exhausting as ever. 

Baseless because you have no idea why he was grabbing his leg or what pain he was feeling and where. Fact. Do you know where the knee is located? 

Do you get it? This would have been done by now but you just gotta be that guy.

Of course you think they are lying about it. 

Edited by Geebrr

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

They don’t want to play by the fourth quarter. Getting physically beat for 45 minutes takes a toll on the body and the psyche. That’s why we’re so dominant in the fourth. You can only take so much punishment. 

in the course of my business travels I ended up trying to do a deal with a guy who played linebacker for the Ottawa ROUGHriders in the 80's.  He said in those years no one wanted to play in Winnipeg, because you knew it was going to be a massive beat down, both on the field and on the score board.  This was around five years ago that I met this guy.  I remember fondly looking back on those years, and thinking that I probably would never see them again.  Boy was I wrong.  And I am very thankful that I was!

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I also like when someone said it was unfair that we outscoring the opposition 105-6 in the fourth quarter and the league should do something about it. 

No one hits harder than Winnipeg, in all three phases.  Receivers are just getting smoked out there by BA and Biggie among others and you can tell that they don't want the ball.  Ellingson was running away from the ball by the third quarter of that last Elk game.  I can just see fans wanting to implement some sort of "Winnipeg rule" where you can't hit hard anymore.  Let's just go to "two hand touch" when Winnipeg is playing lol.....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Not a popular take, but I think I like August better than Oliveira as #2 right now. I'm not sure Oliveira is quite ready yet. 

I am not going to disagree, but I think they're different kinds of backs and probably bring a somewhat different element. Oliveira seems more of the grind it out guy where as Augustine is a more explosive player. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He sure did. On cjob he talked about how he spent the off year working on speed and getting faster and quicker and playing quicker. It sure seems to have paid off. 

With Harris out for probably the next game at least I'd love to see a fairly close split in carries between the two. Especially some 2 back stuff we've talked about for years. 

Fake a dive to Brady then power toss go Augustine. Soo much that we could do with both. 

Fast is good, but the ability to read blocking and protect the QB is also critical.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Harris and Oliveria have a very similar style. Which is a great problem to have but I couldn’t help notice on that run because of how quick he hit that hole that he was the only one out of the three who would have the speed to bust out a big play like that on that particular play. 

To be fair if you watch it again you could drive a truck through that hole and he wasn't touched in the first 10 plus yards. 

Did look fast though. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Fast is good, but the ability to read blocking and protect the QB is also critical.

They are. But at this point augustine and Brady both need regular reps to improve technically as backs. 

Both guys should get 10 ish carries a game till the play offs. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To be fair if you watch it again you could drive a truck through that hole and he wasn't touched in the first 10 plus yards. 

Did look fast though. 

They are. But at this point augustine and Brady both need regular reps to improve technically as backs. 

Both guys should get 10 ish carries a game till the play offs. 

That Oliveira has been getting most reps indicates that the coaches feel he is the best option at the moment. No doubt Augustine will see some game action but Oliveira has made a pretty good case to start, at least until Harris returns. 

Edited by Tracker

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

That Oliveira has been getting most reps indicates that the coaches feel he is the best option at the moment. No doubt Augustine will see some game action but Oliveira has made a pretty good case to start, at least until Harris returns. 

His hands and blocking have been tremendous. But augustine has made big strides on teams this year too. 

I hope we work both in. One thing is for sure we are in a great situation long term for ni rb

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

His hands and blocking have been tremendous. But augustine has made big strides on teams this year too. 

I hope we work both in. One thing is for sure we are in a great situation long term for ni rb

And did the Blue not draft another promising RB still in school ?

I did like how we mixed it up with more runs to Bailey/Demski/Augustine.   The one sweep to Bailey worked nicely,  they then ran the same play but this time handed it off to Oliveria and the defense completely bit on Bailey which gave Brady a nice hole on the left to run through.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not a popular take, but I think I like August better than Oliveira as #2 right now. I'm not sure Oliveira is quite ready yet. 

It's close. I remember during TC he was catching some flack around here. And I never understood it. The guy just produces.

Edited by Bigblue204

LaPo used to run that fly sweep to Weston Dressler at least a couple of times a game. The guy got lit up more than once & we lost him to injuries because of it. He wasn't fast enough. Our OL wasn't good enough & LaPo was too stubborn to stop. With Buck, we don't see that play as often & Rasheed Bailey's a bigger body who (hopefully) can take the pounding. 

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

Kyle Borsa, Regina Rams. 

Yeah I really like borsa too. He has rare speed and quickness. Could be a good one. And the great thing is he won't need to rush at all. He will get lots of time to learn the pro game. 

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I did like how we mixed it up with more runs to Bailey/Demski/Augustine.   The one sweep to Bailey worked nicely,  they then ran the same play but this time handed it off to Oliveria and the defense completely bit on Bailey which gave Brady a nice hole on the left to run through.

I think one of bailey and demskis runs got charted as a pass ala shovel, but we did have a great stretch of even when you knew we were running you had no idea who was gonna get the touch. Bailey looks really good on the sweeps too. Being able to mix 4 guys through carries with many various looks is a tremendous threat. I hope buck continues to harness that. Also, I really wish we'd get grant in on some offensive touches. Thats the most dangerous guy on the team with the ball in his hands imo. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

LaPo used to run that fly sweep to Weston Dressler at least a couple of times a game. The guy got lit up more than once & we lost him to injuries because of it. He wasn't fast enough. Our OL wasn't good enough & LaPo was too stubborn to stop. With Buck, we don't see that play as often & Rasheed Bailey's a bigger body who (hopefully) can take the pounding. 

The big difference too, was that plop just ran fly sweeps. It wasnt till late 18 when demski had started actually doing damage with the sweeps that we saw jet motion used to pull defenders and stretch them out of the box on runs to harris. That motion is really what made our offense work, as we especially saw with out demski early this year. Suddenly you have 2 viable ball carriers running in different directions and the defense has to be patient and stay at home, wait for the hand off and carefully watch to go for the right guy. That also has opened up some pretty good quick screens, especially in the first half of the first elk game. But also in the last game we saw play action, a fake pump to a screener and a brilliant timing route at the seam to darvin adams for a huge gain. 

Fajardo at his best in 19 carved up those timing routes, add in PA / sweep motion / and or the screen that the sweep opens and good luck defending that. 

Dressler was great, and got us some good gains with that screen, but man plop really knocked a couple years off his career with those runs. 

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Something something something Augustine can't block based on one person on the forum watching one play where he missed a block something something something

17 hours ago, Geebrr said:

It isn't up for debate. It has been listed as his knee. Again, this isn't a "lower body injury". This is a specific body part.

Your unrelenting desire to be some truth teller is exhausting as ever. 

Baseless because you have no idea why he was grabbing his leg or what pain he was feeling and where. Fact. Do you know where the knee is located? 

Do you get it? This would have been done by now but you just gotta be that guy.

Of course you think they are lying about it. 

You're desire to argue about this is dumb, but you gotta be 'that guy'. It shouldn't be a debate, not because the club says it's the knee, but because you could just click on the disagree and move on.

I don't know if they are lying and you don't know if they are telling the truth, but history would be on my side re the club's injury information.

Why 6 game Harris if he'll be back before the Grey Cup? There's no SMS reason because taking him off before the Grey Cup = Harris' salary counts. That tells me the club knows there's a chance that we don't see Harris again this year. How big of a chance? Who knows?

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You're desire to argue about this is dumb, but you gotta be 'that guy'. It shouldn't be a debate, not because the club says it's the knee, but because you could just click on the disagree and move on.

I don't know if they are lying and you don't know if they are telling the truth, but history would be on my side re the club's injury information.

Why 6 game Harris if he'll be back before the Grey Cup? There's no SMS reason because taking him off before the Grey Cup = Harris' salary counts. That tells me the club knows there's a chance that we don't see Harris again this year. How big of a chance? Who knows?

I don't care anymore. 

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Something something something Augustine can't block based on one person on the forum watching one play where he missed a block something something something

He struggled with blocking in his games replacing Harris in 19. No one can really know where he is at now.  Chances that he is better than Brady now in pass pro is slim. But both could end up being great at it. 

Vs judging him as superior based on 1 run late in a blow out where he wasn't touched till past first down yardage? Lmao. 

He's never played a great or even good run d. And he's never carried the ball 20 19 18 or 17 times in a game.

Both guys combined have maybe one third of a year's worth of carries. But we have seen Brady vs tough running as the feature back. Augustine should get a good number of reps the rest of the way. Both guys could close to double their career touches before the play offs. But in no way is Augustine ahead of Brady right now. 

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I am definitely in favour of giving them equal reps right now. 

Two different styles and confident in both.

Ocs dream of having the kind of versatility that you can get between those 2 guys. Them both being NI makes it about as good as you can hope for.  I dont ever remember a team having such an abundance of talented runners as demski, augustine and brady. Little on that being your 2-4 options at rb. Buck can put in some plays that involve 2 of those guys that cfl teams have no chance of preparing for or coming up with an answer to. 

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

So, what would have happened if the Bombers put Harris on the one-game and he ends up being out for the season?

You'd be on here saying the Bombers wasted SMS money and should have put him on the 6 game.

The Bombers don't lie about injuries. They just provide minimal details about the injuries and are always optimist regarding the player's status.

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So, what would have happened if the Bombers put Harris on the one-game and he ends up being out for the season?

You'd be on here saying the Bombers wasted SMS money and should have put him on the 6 game.

The Bombers don't lie about injuries. They just provide minimal details about the injuries and are always optimist regarding the player's status.

QFT. The 1 game is almost entirely for guys who wouldnt play if they were 100%. Any regular contributor who isnt a rookie goes right to the 6 game. Putting a guy like harris on the 1 game vs the 6 game provides nothing at all. Putting him on the 6 game gives us a worse case scenario of saving 6 weeks of his salary cap hit. Thats pretty good value for costing nothing.