2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I am going to go with this being extra cautious from them.

I think Booch speculated that it was an MCL. If so, a minor strain could/should be ready for him to at least share reps with Brady O.

Also, let's not (all of us)  condemn Brady Oliveira for slowing down a little in his 2nd or 3rd pro start after taking a year and a half off and coming back from a serious injury and no pre-season.

I am confident he can pick up the torch and carry it in whatever way we need. We also get to give Augustine a chance to make some plays which he has more than earned. 

I’m no doctor but know a bit about knee injuries. Given where he grabbed his leg in the back, could also be hamstring tear or posterior cruciate ligament. But I suspect we will hear more if it is season-ending or requires surgery. 
As for Brady, not all of us were condemning him early on. Actually, I was very impressed in the last Edmonton game how he was timing his blocks better a la Harris, and hitting the hole aggressively and confidently when he made his reads. We have a great luxury in letting him grow into the role over the next 4 games with less than the usual pressure given our lofty standing. And Augustine is most capable as well. A platoon style approach would not bother me at all. Keep them all fresh and not worn down while also giving them both healthy reps. 

36 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm a Bomber fan c'mon. We're hypersensitive always waiting for the bottom to fall out. Always happens, I'm watching a game freaking out and my wife will pass by and say I assume the Bombers are losing and then she'll look at the score and say they're winning why are you acting this way? Because I need to hear that final whistle with our point total being more than theirs, then I'll relax. Serenity now.

Hey, that reminds me, I just picked up your Xmas present. 😉
panic-button-red-on-yellow-260nw-1673903

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Sounds like his knee sustained structural damage, and those are slow to respond to treatment- we might not see him again this year.

Where did you hear this? Right now all I've heard is various degrees of speculation. This could be a tweak of his injury earlier this season or a season ender or anything imbetween really. None of us have a clue as to the severity and the Bombers definitely aren't going to tell us.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, Wideleft said:

Isn't the six game also used to save payroll?  We have a 99.9% chance of eventually clinching, so why wouldn't we put him on the 6 game because we don't need him for the rest of the regular season and he has an injury of whatever degree that requires time to mend.

Only works if they stay on the entire six weeks. If they come off early, the full salary gets applied to the cap. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Only works if they stay on the entire six weeks. If they come off early, the full salary gets applied to the cap. 

True. However, you lose nothing by 6 gaming a player even if you are reasonably sure you will have him sooner. If there is an off chance he won't return you hedge your bets and place him on there. In this case he is not technically on the 6 game IR he is on the season ending IR. He is still eligible for playoffs even if not taken off prior.

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Thought so, but do playoff games count?

There technically is no salary for playoffs but you do lose the SMS relief if he plays in the playoffs.

Edited by GCn20

Per the CBA: https://media.cfldb.ca/documents/cfl-cflpa-collective-agreement-2019.pdf

No Player shall be eligible to be placed on the Six Game Injury List after his Member Club has played its 15th regular season game. Any Player who has been placed on the Six Game Injury List prior to the Member Club's 15th regular season game will be eligible to be extended on the Six Game Injury List for the remainder of the season without penalty. Playoff Games and the Playoff Bye will be considered a game served on the Six Game Injury List. A Bye in the regular season will not be considered a game played 

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

No.

Yes. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Per the CBA: https://media.cfldb.ca/documents/cfl-cflpa-collective-agreement-2019.pdf

No Player shall be eligible to be placed on the Six Game Injury List after his Member Club has played its 15th regular season game. Any Player who has been placed on the Six Game Injury List prior to the Member Club's 15th regular season game will be eligible to be extended on the Six Game Injury List for the remainder of the season without penalty. Playoff Games and the Playoff Bye will be considered a game served on the Six Game Injury List. A Bye in the regular season will not be considered a game played 

Yes. 

Yes and no. He would be eligible for the Grey Cup with full SMS relief. The bye week counts as a game. My bad though for some reason I had it stuck in my head that we only played 9 games so far.

Edited by GCn20

27 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Where did you hear this? Right now all I've heard is various degrees of speculation. This could be a tweak of his injury earlier this season or a season ender or anything in between really. None of us have a clue as to the severity and the Bombers definitely aren't going to tell us.

I consulted a reputable source- my ouija board. If I can't trust that, who can I trust?

He had brace on left knee earlier in year..this time it's right knee.

From what I seen...and how he planted and it jammed it's probably MCL strain..his impact and strain was to outside and front..not an acl or posterior type of injury chance..MCL u can play with if need be braced up and rarely needs surgery...I no expert but have 1 complete knee rebuild (all 3 ligaments) and an ACL recon..as well as 6 other surgeries so know a bit..I not too concerned

2 hours ago, Booch said:

11.45 points a game given up...crazy

And rider fans saying our secondary is a weakness??!!...they given up what...2 TD's via the pass all yr...oh...and we added Rose...what a dumb fan base

As a fan base here, all we can do is plainly sit back and enjoy our team, its fun to watch & cheer for. We have lived through many disappointments throughout the previous years, which the Saskatchewan fan base, fails to see or mention.

All I will say is: those were some interesting comments provided in the Rider fan forum, this past evening!!!  Its not worth spending time on their views, it is what it is.

Looking forward to the next three (3) regular season games, including the Dec 5th game here in the Peg. Go Bombers!!!!!

9 hours ago, Booch said:

11.45 points a game given up...crazy

And rider fans saying our secondary is a weakness??!!...they given up what...2 TD's via the pass all yr...oh...and we added Rose...what a dumb fan base

Our defense has scored as many tds on other teams passes as they have against us all year. No secondary in the forward pass era has done that through 11 games. 

Those green guys are funny in the head. 

On 2021-10-22 at 12:51 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m no doctor but know a bit about knee injuries. Given where he grabbed his leg in the back, could also be hamstring tear or posterior cruciate ligament. But I suspect we will hear more if it is season-ending or requires surgery. 
As for Brady, not all of us were condemning him early on. Actually, I was very impressed in the last Edmonton game how he was timing his blocks better a la Harris, and hitting the hole aggressively and confidently when he made his reads. We have a great luxury in letting him grow into the role over the next 4 games with less than the usual pressure given our lofty standing. And Augustine is most capable as well. A platoon style approach would not bother me at all. Keep them all fresh and not worn down while also giving them both healthy reps. 

Hey, that reminds me, I just picked up your Xmas present. 😉
panic-button-red-on-yellow-260nw-1673903

Handy thing indeed.........

So Fajardo averaged 190 yards passing with 0 TD passes and 4 Ints versus Winnipeg as  opposed to 243 yards passing with 10 td passes and 5 Ints in his other 8 games.

MR averaged 154 yards passing with 0 TD passes and an Int versus Winnipeg as opposed 252 yards per game with 10 Td passes versus 3 ints in his other 8 games.

I'd say our D is pretty good.

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So Fajardo averaged 190 yards passing with 0 TD passes and 4 Ints versus Winnipeg as  opposed to 243 yards passing with 10 td passes and 5 Ints in his other 8 games.

MR averaged 154 yards passing with 0 TD passes and an Int versus Winnipeg as opposed 252 yards per game with 10 Td passes versus 3 ints in his other 8 games.

I'd say our D is pretty good.

Nah man

Every one  just plays their worst against us for some reason.

It is strange 

Edited by Geebrr