2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Cooper is the perfect complimentary back for us if needed and able to be on roster....he can do a lot of things

Now....just imagining a group made up of Rose, Alexander, Darby, Jones, Nichols, Alford and Tyaylor in some combination running around behind our front 7 has got to make opposing OC's just in horror now

Cody Fajardo is already throwing his OC, OL, WRs, GM, Mom, Dad under the bus in anticipation.

Since we've seemingly ticked every box you could want for roster improvement, whats next? Cam meredith is suddenly healthy, replaces adams at WR and dominates? Streveler returns to run short yardage and his package of run plays while winning another GC ring? Other than that long odds stuff I dont even know what we could hope for. 

28 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I don't recall when the last time was that we saw a team literally with no glaring weaknesses. We fixed our kicking,has grant return for our return game,picked up a backup RB in case Harris is done long term, re signed an all star db we didn't need,this is unbelievable.

Weve come a long way since the days of Sam Hurl......

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Since we've seemingly ticked every box you could want for roster improvement, whats next? Cam meredith is suddenly healthy, replaces adams at WR and dominates? Streveler returns to run short yardage and his package of run plays while winning another GC ring? Other than that long odds stuff I dont even know what we could hope for. 

Someone to kick the ball between the yellow sticks. Ignore me, I see we already did that

Edited by brett_c_b
Not keeping up with news

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I thought Meredith was released no? Thats the former nfler that was living in winnipeg right?

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Released to basically get healthy and not use a roster spot or IR spot

Yea..I heard he still has access to the Bombers training facilities and medical staff. Can't participate in meetings or practices and is not under contract but not out of the Bombers plans yet. Reports were he was having a great camp until his set back.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I want Streveler back IF (big if) he becomes available. That will surely be a big boost to the run esp in the playoffs. 

Mourtada has a better chance of hanging around than we have of seeing Streveler back here this year. 

15 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

This just confirmed Harris is out for a while. Maybe even done for the year.

Where was this news? I did not see or hear anything from the club. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Released to basically get healthy and not use a roster spot or IR spot

Im still not sure what is gained by having the extra IR spot though. Maybe its just not having to pay him. The riders are again hoarding players between the IR and the suspended lists totaling almost 30 guys about half of whom have never taken a snap in the cfl. 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I want Streveler back IF (big if) he becomes available. That will surely be a big boost to the run esp in the playoffs. 

Thatd be a dream, but at the same time Id love to see him continue to grow with the cards and get his NFL pension. Itd be perfect if zach played for say 3 more years after this, retired then streveler came back and became the next great QB. 

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Not that we have glaring weakness in our DL but... If we can get Shawn Oakman from the Argos somehow, I will vote Walters for Canada's next Prime Minister. 😂

Edited by M.O.A.B.

10 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Not that we have glaring weakness in our DL but... If we can get Shawn Oakman from the Argos somehow, I will vote Walters for Canada's next Prime Minister. 😂

I'll vote Walters for Canada's next PM even if he doesn't get Oakman....heck I'll vote for anyone over our current slate of choices. If Walters can build Canada like he did the Bombers we'd be in far better hands than we are now.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah...maybe next year. Can't see the Cards randomly dropping him for no reason.

He's fallen behind McCoy. I would expect them to hold him until the end of the season, unless they want to give practice reps to someone else. 

9 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

It's just my opinion, but I thought Winston Rose was our MODP for about the last 6 or 7 games of 2019 (including playoffs).  It's really nice to have him back and one of those nice problems where you have to figure out how all that talent in the backfield fits together.

I know Winston is a phenomenal DB,I know he can ball but I'm just hoping this doesn't mess up any of the chemistry they've got going right now.

Just now, Wideleft said:

It's just my opinion, but I thought Winston Rose was our MODP for about the last 6 or 7 games of 2019 (including playoffs).  It's really nice to have him back and one of those nice problems where you have to figure out how all that talent in the backfield fits together.

I wouldnt put him over BA, also mike jones in the play offs was un real. Jones doesnt put up the massive hits, and isnt a guy who could lead the league in picks but he's as good a corner as the league has seen in the last few years. Rose was a play making monster though, tremendous pick up for us. This could be the best secondary ever. We have 7 guys who are freaking lights out and would start on every single team in the league. 

17 hours ago, Nolby said:

Fajardo is such a loser

Quick game of who'd you rather. Gotta pick 1 qb to be your "franchise" guy for atleast an entire season. Vaj, fajardo, or harris.