2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

Streveler made the 53. So he's not coming up anytime soon.

19 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Just the kind of help we need on defense. Our secondary has been getting Shredded but in all fairness it has largely to due with scheme. 

Yup, just like last year the secondary scheme drives me crazy at points throughout games. But I'm hopeful they are on the same path as last year. Hold back as much as possible until the Playoffs and then lets see what happens!

20 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Just the kind of help we need on defense. Our secondary has been getting Shredded but in all fairness it has largely to due with scheme. 

Our secondary really only got shredded last game.  The first two games they were exceptional. Even in the 2nd argos game, the argos racked up passing yards late when the defense had been on the field for twice as long as they shouldve. Or more. Up to the end of week 3 we were playing pretty tight coverage. Week 3 was also a ton of short drop timing routes where our front couldnt get consistent pressure. 

Both our offense and defense have lacked meaningful progression. vs calgary our defense actually reverted to prime hall too deep zone for a while. Thats not the secondary getting shredded, thats our defensive play call being shredded. Our secondary was continually in position. 

25 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

For those of you that were hoping to see Strewart get a shot .

That sucks. Two of our best prospects at wr busted due to injuries. Hope he too can get healthy and try to come back. 

Just now, Dirty30 said:

Hopefully one that is capable of returning punts as well. 

That would be ideal. Looking at some clips Grants big returns last year didnt see much better blocking than weve had this year. His speed to get the edge forced defenses to come down wide and stay in their lanes in the middle. With nelson returning teams just go right for him cus he hasnt shown the ability to get the edge or do damage up the middle. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

I remember that was the turning point in our season. Fred Reid was dynamic that season averaging 7 YPC and Smith provided some thunder to Reids lightning and we ended up atleast being respectable after a really tough start to the season. 

Fred reid was a monster, it made the whole thing palatable but man that was a hard day. It was easier for me when we traded khari. 

I think adding roosevelt will mean we are out of the running for the former cfl vet wrs. But I think and hope we will be air lifting in some speed tool guys at wr from the nfl cuts. Realistically our 2 fastest guys this year are Grant and Demski who have much better field speed than track speed. And combined have missed 5.5 games. Plus grant has all of 2 catches. 

Its a pretty steep drop off from having lucky, grant, and even streveler to stretch the field in 19. 

Im still a big believer that a healthy Lawler, woli, adams and demski is a great core. But even with those 4 I think we need the 5th guy to be a fast dynamic guy who can rack up serious YAC and stretch the D vertically. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

No way, Khari was a lot harder to take. After the **** show of the 07 grey cup a lot of the shine wore off roberts for me.

For me, a lot of the gloss was off khari after 2002. 03 khari was pretty damaged. 04 was toast. 05 and 06 blink was still one of the best offensive threats ever. 

Khari was maybe the most likeable qb and bomber qb in 50 years. He felt much more like our guy than a guy like Dunnigan to me. Khari pretty quickly in 04 seemed like a guy who was destined to shine brilliantly but not for a long time. 

30 minutes ago, BagBlieBulls said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pejJk_fAlk

Anyone else see this? It's hilarious I created an account just to share it here.

I was suspicious... random person shows up out of nowhere with a youtube link... against my better judgement, I clicked on the link... but it is actually hilarious...

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I remember that was the turning point in our season. Fred Reid was dynamic that season averaging 7 YPC and Smith provided some thunder to Reids lightning and we ended up atleast being respectable after a really tough start to the season. 

Fred Reid was an absolute beast and extremely reliable. Roberts was beyond unbelievable for us and Joe Smith was an all star coming from BC,safe to say that we haven't had a tough time finding running backs around here.