2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Just the kind of help we need on defense. Our secondary has been getting Shredded but in all fairness it has largely to due with scheme. 

bring back Rose then all of a sudden yu have grey cup returnees Rose/Taylor/jones and Alexander, proven commodity Darby as well as 2 up and coming studs in Alford and Nichols on the roster as rotational guys...me like a lot and you can go back to what we were doing the last 5-6 games of 2019

Also seeing some talk out of Arizona that think Strev's may be on the snip list...if he clears waivers wonder if he wants to take a PR spot to rot, or make more in the CFL as the change of pace QB up here again...I think he does that as e is a competitor and wants to play...plus who wouldn't want to be the toast of a city again??

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

Also seeing some talk out of Arizona that think Strev's may be on the snip list.

dont think so

"

"There were 52 Cardinals at practice Tuesday. That did not include Butler nor Justin Pugh and Robert Alford, who are both on reserve/COVID-19. 

The 52 present during the portion open to the media were:

QB: Kyler Murray, Colt McCoy, Chris Streveler "

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/live-blog-cardinals-cuts-day

also espn cardinal reporter

QUARTERBACK (3): Kyler Murray, Chris Streveler, Colt McCoy

Nothing changes here. The only question becomes whether Streveler or McCoy will be the No. 2. Kingsbury surprised many last year by making Streveler the backup. Will that continue? Or will McCoy take the job? We shall see.

I hope he sticks there for years. He did plenty for us already.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

dont think so

"

"There were 52 Cardinals at practice Tuesday. That did not include Butler nor Justin Pugh and Robert Alford, who are both on reserve/COVID-19. 

The 52 present during the portion open to the media were:

QB: Kyler Murray, Colt McCoy, Chris Streveler "

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/live-blog-cardinals-cuts-day

one is going to the PR...Rumours are it's Strev...Thats what I heard...not saying it true, but they didnt use, or show much confidence in him, thats all I am saying

well...Rose has been waived....wonder if he tries to catch on somewhere...or say eff it and head on back

3 hours ago, Booch said:

bring back Rose then all of a sudden yu have grey cup returnees Rose/Taylor/jones and Alexander, proven commodity Darby as well as 2 up and coming studs in Alford and Nichols on the roster as rotational guys...me like a lot and you can go back to what we were doing the last 5-6 games of 2019

Also seeing some talk out of Arizona that think Strev's may be on the snip list...if he clears waivers wonder if he wants to take a PR spot to rot, or make more in the CFL as the change of pace QB up here again...I think he does that as e is a competitor and wants to play...plus who wouldn't want to be the toast of a city again??

That secondary would be insane. 

I think rose and strevvy stick this year on prs though.

I wonder if streveler was available if ott would go all in on him. I  could see them offering him the starters job and money. 

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

If we are going defence from the NFL then let's bring back Winston Rose, who according to the Cinncy media will be toast at some point today.

Thatd be fantastic. Best case scenario especially if one of our wils gets healthy 

9 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Strev will be looking for starter money. We won’t be able to pay that. Ottawa is the logical choice. Although I loved what he brought to the team it will be surely missed but there’s better ways to spend 150-200 k to upgrade our roster. 

Strev would have been well worth the 150-200k, that being said, congratulations Strev for making the AZ 53 man again.

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Does Streveler want to play for a coach that doesn't let him throw the ball? Other than Nichols who had no other options are there any offensive guys who follow lapo around?

LaPo let him throw the ball plenty as a starter, until Streveler showed that his inability to protect the ball forced the club’s hand into bringing in a better QB. Don’t let your bias re-invent the facts. 

10 hours ago, Booch said:

doubt it...he loved winnipeg and the team around him...not Lapo

Do you have inside intel as to their relationship? Because from an outsider’s point of view, I would speculate that he’d be fond of the offensive coordinator whose game plan showcased his skills enough to land him an NFL contract. 

In Strev's first season he seemed to have had normal plays called for him and would take off whenever he saw an opening.   In season 2 it seemed like he looked to run first and passed second.   I'm not sure if it was the play design or the QB's decision.    In season one he definitely sat back and tossed many more darts across the field.  It was very noticeable since whenever he was in the game the offense came alive and suddenly receivers were seeing balls being thrown there way.

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

LaPo let him throw the ball plenty as a starter, until Streveler showed that his inability to protect the ball forced the club’s hand into bringing in a better QB. Don’t let your bias re-invent the facts. 

Do you have inside intel as to their relationship? Because from an outsider’s point of view, I would speculate that he’d be fond of the offensive coordinator whose game plan showcased his skills enough to land him an NFL contract. 

yeah...he won't leave to follow Lapo....thats not the tie that binds here

I love the wording in this labor day article from cfl.ca:

The last time these two met, Rider Nation was an upright *ding* away from making the trip West to Calgary for Fajardo’s first Grey Cup appearance as a starter. Instead, Zach Collaros and the Bombers stole the game, the show and the Grey Cup forever altering their history. 

LMAO. IF the pass didnt hit the upright and IF it wasnt intercepted and IF it was caught, and IF they made the point after, the Riders would have forced O.T.

And we hardly stole the game. More like total defensive domination with no TD's surrendered.

re Streveller, and others.

>As NFL teams stock their practice squads today, is a simpler deal because salaries are no longer negotiable. Rookies/players with less than two years get $9,200 a week, which is $165,600 for a full season. Veterans get $14,000/week, which is $252,000 for full season.

and, the hope of getting on the game roster.

Edited by Mark F

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Does Streveler want to play for a coach that doesn't let him throw the ball? Other than Nichols who had no other options are there any offensive guys who follow lapo around?

in 2019 strevvy had 40+ passing attempts in back to back games.  Outside of those he averaged 25ish. Pretty close to 2018 and 2019 nichols. Nichols had a bit more 30 attempt games but thats to be expected with the number of runs strevvy took. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Agree that streveler got lots of throwing reps. And he was throwing the ball to more than harris. If any thing nichols release valve targeting was more training wheels passing offense than strevvy. 

When strevvy wasnt excelling we had the option to run option. That didnt exist with nichols, so of course when we struggled we went to that. Who wouldnt?

I 100% believe streveler loves winnipeg. But he also loves football and wants to be in the NFL more than in winnipeg. And coming here to sit on the bench is not gonna get him back to the NFL. The only real chance I could see for him getting back to the NFL any time soon would be ottawa. He probably doesnt need the money, but if ott cut nichols they could afford to pay him maybe 3 times what we could. Thats hard to pass. 

Made the cards any way, hope he does great this year. 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The last time these two met, Rider Nation was an upright *ding* away from making the trip West to Calgary for Fajardo’s first Grey Cup appearance as a starter. Instead, Zach Collaros and the Bombers stole the game, the show and the Grey Cup forever altering their history. 

LMAO. IF the pass didnt hit the upright and IF it wasnt intercepted and IF it was caught, and IF they made the point after, the Riders would have forced O.T.

And we hardly stole the game. More like total defensive domination with no TD's surrendered.

IF THAT pass didnt hit the upright pretty sure it was gonna be picked..we had over and under coverage on that pass...just like the 2 previous ones were almost picked

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

That last drive was 90% rainbow piss and unicorn farts. The other 10% was BS. They werent close, and we didnt steal it. I hate how the cfl media panders to the rider fans.