2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

They've got injuries in the linebacking core right now... just added another linebacker to the practice squad.

I'm going to guess it's a roster management thing - They need another linebacker getting familiar with our system incase someone else gets hurt and we don't need more receivers.  The only other receivers on the practice squad right now are both Nationals.

We currently have 7 American WR's on the roster

12 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

They've got injuries in the linebacking core right now... just added another linebacker to the practice squad.

I'm going to guess it's a roster management thing - They need another linebacker getting familiar with our system incase someone else gets hurt and we don't need more receivers.  The only other receivers on the practice squad right now are both Nationals.

We currently have 7 American WR's on the roster

Agudusi is on PR...Import..Stewart on 1 Game but consider that PR as well

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

Who the **** ever has cash on them?? I think I've been to an ATM once in about 6 months.... Never have or need cash. 

Who gets worked up about people carrying cash?  Just ordering some perogies from the Little Hobo here in Kelowna, my order comes to $19.65 - a $20 bill covers it nicely!  We will never have a cash-less society.  Cash is truly the only way to not be tracked and not to leave a trail.  And that Burger King example is EXACTLY why.  As long as wives are not allowing BK purchases there will be cash required to ensure she never knows about it lol....

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Meredith can join Trent Corney as two of the greatest Bombers to never play a game in the CFL.

Corney played 37 games here lmao. He was really rounding into a good player till he got hurt in his 3rd year. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Meredith gets called back when he'd healthy later in the year. 

For now I think we are very high on agudosi stewart and McKnight. I can't wait to see the other two. But the wr core is probably gonna get tighter soon. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Who gets worked up about people carrying cash?  Just ordering some perogies from the Little Hobo here in Kelowna, my order comes to $19.65 - a $20 bill covers it nicely!  We will never have a cash-less society.  Cash is truly the only way to not be tracked and not to leave a trail.  And that Burger King example is EXACTLY why.  As long as wives are not allowing BK purchases there will be cash required to ensure she never knows about it lol....

I use cash everyday 

19 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

This is another reason for me getting off heroin. Last thing I remember was him jumping out of swimming pools backward. 

Go check out his Instagram now! I'm not sure what the injury was in his third year that caused him to retire, but it didn't effect his strength. Dude is jacked and gearing up for a body building competition later this year!

On 2021-08-16 at 1:43 PM, Bigblue204 said:

It's good in theory. But when machines stop working it creates a problem. And again, people are then standing right next to each other for a large amount of time...I can't remember why that's a bad idea at this point in time...but I'm pretty sure it is.

Tap is far faster then cash and waiting for change. 

17 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

You’re the kind of tipper that makes waiters spit in the food. 

8 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Tap is far faster then cash and waiting for change. 

Lol ok I'm not sure why this is happening. But yes, I know....in theory....tap is faster than cash. But in reality, machines stop working, receipts are printed, authorization is needed on the machine...tips are requested on the machine....so actually, cash is quicker. Especially when beers are 5 or 10 dollars a pop....very little change is needed.

Until the Bombers can get reliable service out of their machines(and even then you'll still need to accept the charge and put in your tip and wait for it to be processed) cash is still faster.

I'm in my 60's and I've been to the cash machine twice this year to take out $80 a time. I still have $60 left in my wallet. Even buying crap off of Kijiji is cashless these days. I could live cashless right now.

Cash can be faster until you get the old dude who wants to give exact change and has a wallet and 6 pockets to check before realizing that he doesn't have exact change. Tap can be faster until you get the old Dude who doesn't know exactly how it works or the machine that doesn't work properly.

47 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm in my 60's and I've been to the cash machine twice this year to take out $80 a time. I still have $60 left in my wallet. Even buying crap off of Kijiji is cashless these days. I could live cashless right now.

Cash can be faster until you get the old dude who wants to give exact change and has a wallet and 6 pockets to check before realizing that he doesn't have exact change. Tap can be faster until you get the old Dude who doesn't know exactly how it works or the machine that doesn't work properly.

No guarantee with swiping the card, either. A few days ago I was at the Costco gas bar and the driver ahead of me pulled into the spot, and took an agonizingly long time to a) find the necessary card b) decide how and where to tap c) wait for the display to change d) navigate through the menu e) decide which fuel to opt for d) confirm that the pump was ready f) remove the hose  and insert it g) hold the handle instead of setting the automatic latch h) peer at the display to ensure that the correct amount of fuel had been dispensed i) take severa; attempts to put the hose back in the cradle properly k) read the printout carefully l) find the keys, get in and FINALLY drive off. 

45 minutes ago, Tracker said:

No guarantee with swiping the card, either. A few days ago I was at the Costco gas bar and the driver ahead of me pulled into the spot, and took an agonizingly long time to a) find the necessary card b) decide how and where to tap c) wait for the display to change d) navigate through the menu e) decide which fuel to opt for d) confirm that the pump was ready f) remove the hose  and insert it g) hold the handle instead of setting the automatic latch h) peer at the display to ensure that the correct amount of fuel had been dispensed i) take severa; attempts to put the hose back in the cradle properly k) read the printout carefully l) find the keys, get in and FINALLY drive off. 

Take that scenario and from the (d) point (the first one) that is the same for any fill up. Now remove parts a,b, and c and replace it with walking into the kiosk and waiting in line behind all other customers and then either paying up front and having to estimate how much the full up will be in cash, and then walking out to fuel up, or walking in after the fuel up to pay, or collect your change if you guessed the amount wrong and overpaid in the first place.  You likely would have waited longer if everyone had the same payment point (inside the store with one clerk) than with each pump handling the transactions. 

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

giphy.gif

This guy?