2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

4 hours ago, BBlink said:

Bombers defence as stout as ever in the win against the Argos. But that was a tough game against a good team.

For the rematch we may require some guys to get out of the infirmary.

We dominated that game on d out side of 1 drive and another penalty aided drive that didnt score. 

Gotta cash in more tds ideally. And take the reigns off crapinga a bit. I think we can win with good adaptation and preparation but bodies from the ir would make it much easier. Especially Darvin Rocquemore kyrie and stove. 

Our offence is going to be what it’s going to be. 

Darvin and Lawler will be a very solid 1-2 combo, Demski is going to have a lot of ups and a few downs, the rest of the weapons will be probably more downs than ups until we hit the cold weather and our team identity can really be that ground and pound hit em in the mouth style offense with Oliveira and hopefully Harris. 

Our defence is our ticket back to the Cup. They’re incredible.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

need Lapo Buck to get it together, hes holding Nichols Zach back!

recycling is good.

Not wrong. I have to rewatch the game still but I feel like our play book is the same as last year just smaller. But buck may be slowly implementing the whole offense. Pre season type of play calling and slowly revealing more making it harder to prepare for. The beautiful timing route in the first half seemed well practiced. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Not wrong. I have to rewatch the game still but I feel like our play book is the same as last year just smaller. But buck may be slowly implementing the whole offense. Pre season type of play calling and slowly revealing more making it harder to prepare for. The beautiful timing route in the first half seemed well practiced. 

With the shortened pre-season plus the change of offensive players and OC, keeping the gameplan to short high-probability plays was likely a deliberate and effective choice.

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

With the shortened pre-season plus the change of offensive players and OC, keeping the gameplan to short high-probability plays was likely a deliberate and effective choice.

It's always the way in the CFL. Offenses generally take a lot longer to get going. 

19 hours ago, Mike said:

Our defence is our ticket back to the Cup. They’re incredible.

The defence and the discipline. This team just generally doesn't dig themselves big holes and keep grinding the game away. 

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's always the way in the CFL. Offenses generally take a lot longer to get going. 

The defence and the discipline. This team just generally doesn't dig themselves big holes and keep grinding the game away. 

When (if) a team defeats us... it will be a win that the other team earned.    This team is far to disciplined to give games away.

20 hours ago, 17to85 said:

How many games have we had under O' Shea where we took more penalties than the other team? I honestly can't remember it ever happening. That to me is the foremost criteria that makes me believe he is the best Head Coach in the league.

4 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

How many games have we had under O' Shea where we took more penalties than the other team? I honestly can't remember it ever happening. That to me is the foremost criteria that makes me believe he is the best Head Coach in the league.

early in the regime, maybe... but certainly not in the last 2 or 3 seasons...

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Random topic, but I REALLY hope they allow cash at all concessions soon. It's getting to be a bit much, it's also creating line ups where there doesn't need to be any....making people cram together in an enclosed space doesn't seem like the best idea....?

cashless society is the way to go....I personally hope they never bring that back. 

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Random topic, but I REALLY hope they allow cash at all concessions soon. It's getting to be a bit much, it's also creating line ups where there doesn't need to be any....making people cram together in an enclosed space doesn't seem like the best idea....?

Cash is way better for the bottom line of any business. It'll happen eventually. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

cashless society is the way to go....I personally hope they never bring that back. 

It's good in theory. But when machines stop working it creates a problem. And again, people are then standing right next to each other for a large amount of time...I can't remember why that's a bad idea at this point in time...but I'm pretty sure it is.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's good in theory. But when machines stop working it creates a problem. And again, people are then standing right next to each other for a large amount of time...I can't remember why that's a bad idea at this point in time...but I'm pretty sure it is.

Bingo.

People who rely on their cards/phones/watches will eventually get burned. I see it all the time. All it takes is a power outage and the only ones prepared are a bunch of cheap old men lol.

Credit cards cost well over 1% per transaction, some 2%.

On a $50 order the Bombers don't want to pay $1 just so people can tap a card.

The moment they can safely lift the cash ban they will.

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Vince Lombardi's Packers had a pretty skinny playbook.   All about execution....

His ol also had 230 to 250lbs guys. Different eras don't work to compare. Every state champion team for the past 20 years had decent size play books. 

Execution is important. But in the modern era you have a very hard time beating people with checkers strategy when they are using tri level chess moves. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Bingo.

People who rely on their cards/phones/watches will eventually get burned. I see it all the time. All it takes is a power outage and the only ones prepared are a bunch of cheap old men lol.

I don't see why cash can't safely be taken now, like it is with that vast majority of places.

27 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Bingo.

I think one thing that lots of people forget is that there is a cost to taking cash as well, it just isn't as visible as the 1% or 2% that you pay to the credit card companies.  You need to pay someone to make sure there is enough of a float at each register, and then you need to pay people to count the cash and reconcile that against the sales receipts.  On top of that, someone to deal with depositing the cash, and then doing it all over again for the next game/event.  I don't know if it equates to 1% per transaction, but there is definitely a cost to taking cash.

1 minute ago, Sard said:

I think one thing that lots of people forget is that there is a cost to taking cash as well, it just isn't as visible as the 1% or 2% that you pay to the credit card companies.  You need to pay someone to make sure there is enough of a float at each register, and then you need to pay people to count the cash and reconcile that against the sales receipts.  On top of that, someone to deal with depositing the cash, and then doing it all over again for the next game/event.  I don't know if it equates to 1% per transaction, but there is definitely a cost to taking cash.

I guarantee you it's not even in the ballpark and every single business wants cash.

1 minute ago, Sard said:

Most of that should also be done with non - cash payments - paricularly reconciling against the sales receipts. 

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

His ol also had 230 to 250lbs guys. Different eras don't work to compare. Every state champion team for the past 20 years had decent size play books. 

Execution is important. But in the modern era you have a very hard time beating people with checkers strategy when they are using tri level chess moves. 

Creativity is great.....always believe that you have to keep opponents off balance on both sides of the ball - different looks on D, spreading the D out on offence, etc
My point was that teams who are very strong in the fundamentals - blocking and tackling, discipline, special teams, etc......didn't have to "fool people" most of the time to win.  Call it Built for the playoffs.    Everybody knew what the Packers would going to do - but they just couldn't stop it.   Like to think we have that sort of culture, with MOS, here.......