2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I don't get the Masoli love tbh. I think he had one good year and has only been consistent in losing the starting job. 

Evans was exceptional in his first year starting. He got beat up in the gc but our dl also ate the cats ol raw. 

Massoli was playing extremely well when he was injured. He was the early season favourite for CFL MOP. Evans had it easy the rest of the way in the regular season & playoffs. When he ran into our defense he choked. As did Brandon Banks. Massoli might have found a way to get his team going. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Massoli was playing extremely well when he was injured. He was the early season favourite for CFL MOP. Evans had it easy the rest of the way in the regular season & playoffs. When he ran into our defense he choked. As did Brandon Banks. Massoli might have found a way to get his team going. 

He beat up on Montreal and Toronto while dropping one of those games. He wasn't particularly good vs cal or the riders. He played 6 games and finished 4. He piled up some yards but that's it. And not vs good defenses. It's only a matter of time again this year before Evans is starting. He was a first year starter flung into the heat of a division race and went to the Grey Cup. Probably the best first year starter in modern history. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

The biggest liability the Bombers have  is behind center. Collaros has an extensive injury history and if he goes down,  McGuire is very much an unknown.

Pretty much. But that's true of nearly all the teams this year. 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He beat up on Montreal and Toronto while dropping one of those games. He wasn't particularly good vs cal or the riders. He played 6 games and finished 4. He piled up some yards but that's it. And not vs good defenses. It's only a matter of time again this year before Evans is starting. He was a first year starter flung into the heat of a division race and went to the Grey Cup. Probably the best first year starter in modern history. 

Pretty much. But that's true of nearly all the teams this year. 

Collaros has the reputation of being very brittle, moreso than other QBs in the league. And to add to that, is McGuire's almost total inexperience in the CFL.  I hope that McGuire has given the coaches lots of reasons to believe in him.

57 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Collaros has the reputation of being very brittle, moreso than other QBs in the league. And to add to that, is McGuire's almost total inexperience in the CFL.  I hope that McGuire has given the coaches lots of reasons to believe in him.

Look west young man. Reilly has taken a pounding and BLM will line up behind a subpar OL. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

McGuire with live reps will be fine...especially with this O-line...his is soooo skilled of sitting in the pocket and finding guys. Has the best arm I've seen in Bomberland in...like forever. His pocket presence and poise is amazing and he is a friggin bull..I know exactly why team is high on him and made sure he was coming back. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

It can be argued that the last hit he took was a dirty hit from Lawrence. He slid as he should be to protect himself. Still Lawrence hit him in the head when he is already down. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Look west young man. Reilly has taken a pounding and BLM will line up behind a subpar OL. 

Agreed. I was addressing perceptions, not necessarily reality, but reputations are hard to shake. The Bombers have to have the best, or close to the best O-line in terms of talent and depth, not to mention good receivers on hot routes, so Collaros ought to have everything he needs to not only stay vertical, but shine.

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Why is Lawrence allowed to continue to play ina league when he has repetitively injured players purposely? 

in those situations he should be suspended u til the player is able to return.

it just garbage at this point that the league allows it 

If he was just some random airlift replacement he'd be out of the league for his hits. If he has one this year the cfl needs to come down hard on him 

19 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm having troubles processing that I will get on a bus and go to a stadium to watch a football game tomorrow. It's emotional already and that's before they unveil the banner. 

I have been going to games for 40 years, and I don’t remember the last time I have been so looking forward to attending a game (see the Kickoff Countdown). The championship banner, the season opener, and a lost year to the pandemic have made this one extra special. 

On 2021-08-03 at 9:40 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Massoli has now choked as well - I'd say the clock is already ticking...

On 2021-08-04 at 12:01 PM, Booch said:

McGuire with live reps will be fine...especially with this O-line...his is soooo skilled of sitting in the pocket and finding guys. Has the best arm I've seen in Bomberland in...like forever. His pocket presence and poise is amazing and he is a friggin bull..I know exactly why team is high on him and made sure he was coming back. 

Best arm since Robert Marve...?

Edited by Floyd

7 hours ago, BBlink said:

Near perfect way to start the season. Took down the league's "top team". Two surprise wins out of the east. Cherry on top would have been a crippled Michael Reilly beating the Riders. But 31 points is too much to spot a team.

For me a highlight would be Simoni Lawrence being admistered a AED on the field.