2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

42 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Turd Down is asking the question today ....'will the Cats go unbeaten this season??'......I hope we have an answer for them Thurs. that sends the message a big fat 'NO' right from the get go...Time for another Ham. beat down 

not if they havn't found some guts and heart...something they wee shown to lack in a certain game

55 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Turd Down is asking the question today ....'will the Cats go unbeaten this season??'......I hope we have an answer for them Thurs. that sends the message a big fat 'NO' right from the get go...Time for another Ham. beat down 

Well, Josh Smith is a Ti-cat fan first, so you will expect him to pump the air for his Ti-cats. Hoping our Bombers burst the 14-0 balloon on his face this Thursday. 

I expect that the Bombers will have a much more balanced attack than they had in the past. Should Harris be out of the lineup (a probability), one would think that the passing game would be the dominant mode, but with their premier receiver out, that hinders the passing game. Realistically, the running game will likely suffer a bit with Oliveira's lack of experience, but I expect our O-line to chew up the 'Cats d-line and spit them out. Collaros now has a full training camp and he did pretty well when parachuted in in 2019, so I do not think our passing game will suffer much- if anything, it ought to get better as the season goes along. I am predicting a 28-6 romp for our side. Can't wait for Thursday- even if the 'Cats manage to walk on water and win, its gonna be GREAT!!!!

I don't think the missing of AH short term will hurt us at all, We will have a lil thunder and lightning action going on, and the ability to throw a few wrinkles of dual back/who's gonna get the ball type stuff without sacrificing any import receiver on the field

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't think the missing of AH short term will hurt us at all, We will have a lil thunder and lightning action going on, and the ability to throw a few wrinkles of dual back/who's gonna get the ball type stuff without sacrificing any import receiver on the field

Agree on this. Hopefully, Oliveira and Augustine can give more time for Harris to recover in full. 

3DownNation contributors fearlessly predict the 2021 CFL standings | 3DownNation

These guys seem to have brains, except for the two Rider fan boys Ludwig and McGuire,. 6 of the other 7 guys have the Riders last or second last in the west.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

36 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

3DownNation contributors fearlessly predict the 2021 CFL standings | 3DownNation

These guys seem to have brains, except for the two Rider fan boys Ludwig and McGuire,. 6 of the other 7 guys have the Riders last or second last in the west.

yeah was just gonna say...other than the 2 random dumbasses it all looked pretty good...and makes sense

46 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Pretty fair assessment overall - everyone who had Winnipeg low was basically saying the same thing - They weren't sure about Collaros for a whole season and weren't sure about a 34 year old Andrew Harris... Given how much the team has relied on Harris being exceptional in the past and the fact that we all had the same thing to say about Collaros @ SSK in 2019 it's a fair assessment.

The one guy with the hot take basically said the entire division was going to be 7-7 tied with Winnipeg on the losing end of the tiebreakers... I personally think he's being too generous with BC's chances and too high on Edmonton but it's not like he was calling us trash either.

There seems to be a lot of people very high on Calgary too. Not sure I understand why, except for them having Bo....who hasn't looked great the last year and a bit.

Likewise there seems to be a lot of people sleeping on the Lions who I think will push for 1st place this year. Upgrades everywhere except Dline and RB.

Edited by Bigblue204

5 hours ago, Booch said:

not if they havn't found some guts and heart...something they wee shown to lack in a certain game

Massoli should give them better leadership in this game than Evans did in the Grey Cup where he folded like a cheap tent in a stiff breeze. Hope we play well enough to win. Here we go Bombers. Here we go!!

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

There seems to be a lot of people very high on Calgary too. Not sure I understand why, except for them having Bo....who hasn't looked great the last year and a bit.

Likewise there seems to be a lot of people sleeping on the Lions who I think will push for 1st place this year. Upgrades everywhere except Dline and RB.

Reilly is banged up.  And it's Campbell's first year with a low experience coaching staff plus he's gm hc and d cor. Plus that Dline has 1 vet. 

They have some decent weapons on offense a solid ol and some good building pieces.

That offense will be competitive for a while but teams are gonna roll over their d. I think this is gonna be the end of Mr in bc. They could stay in the picture in the west for a bit but I don't see them having any where near the depth to excel in a season line this.  I think Montreal ham edm and us are better. 

56 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Massoli should give them better leadership in this game than Evans did in the Grey Cup where he folded like a cheap tent in a stiff breeze. Hope we play well enough to win. Here we go Bombers. Here we go!!

I don't get the Masoli love tbh. I think he had one good year and has only been consistent in losing the starting job. 

Evans was exceptional in his first year starting. He got beat up in the gc but our dl also ate the cats ol raw. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I don't get the Masoli love tbh. I think he had one good year and has only been consistent in losing the starting job. 

Evans was exceptional in his first year starting. He got beat up in the gc but our dl also ate the cats ol raw. 

He didn’t so much lose the job as get injured. 

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

There seems to be a lot of people very high on Calgary too. Not sure I understand why, except for them having Bo....

Proven top qb, perennial top team, good coach and gm. They get a lot of respect for those things and rightfully so. 

Now as to why oshea and walters don't get the same benefit of that I have no idea...

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He didn’t so much lose the job as get injured. 

He got injured but was among the league leaders in picks with 7 to 9 tds. Dane Evans was playing as well or better than Masolis career best. Their offense was much better with Dane. 

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Proven top qb, perennial top team, good coach and gm. They get a lot of respect for those things and rightfully so. 

Now as to why oshea and walters don't get the same benefit of that I have no idea...

Respect is earned and MOS/PLAP got 1 2nd, 3 3rds, a 4th and a 5th which makes us a perennial mid-tier team with one great playoff run.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

O’Shea getting there. Walters still a newbie comparatively, and no name recognition from earlier playing days. Respect is there, just not at the same level which is understandable given how long Calgary has been dominant.