Winnipeg Tailgating

The Bombers are not allowing any tailgating before the games. 

Good information for you here: https://www.bluebombers.com/2021-stadium-protocols/

In addition to those I would get familiar with these: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/prs/index.html#provinciallevel

Manitoba has not just opened the doors to everything (and hopefully continues to do so) like Alberta and Saskatchewan. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

The Bombers are not allowing any tailgating before the games. 

Good information for you here: https://www.bluebombers.com/2021-stadium-protocols/

In addition to those I would get familiar with these: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/prs/index.html#provinciallevel

Manitoba has not just opened the doors to everything (and hopefully continues to do so) like Alberta and Saskatchewan. 

Those links are very helpful.  Do the Bombers allow you to bring your own snacks into the stadium?

32 minutes ago, Childress said:

Those links are very helpful.  Do the Bombers allow you to bring your own snacks into the stadium?

I believe they do but I would give them an email or call on that one to see the parameters around it. 

For example, I think they have to  for people with medical conditions like diabetes but I am unsure on the details. 

10 hours ago, Childress said:

Thanks guys.  It is wierd having to learn how to go to a game in a new city.

Please report back about your experience getting into the stadium as an out of province fan. I'm going to be doing the same for the game on the 29th and even though I'm fully vaxxed, I'm still concerned about how it'll all work....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Please report back about your experience getting into the stadium as an out of province fan. I'm going to be doing the same for the game on the 29th and even though I'm fully vaxxed, I'm still concerned about how it'll all work....

The club recommends getting there a bit earlier. Because it is all digital ticketing and passports, they will have one crew scanning tickets and then another scanning passports, so be ready to be efficient with your phone. And get the Bomber app to have your Bomber account ready with your tickets displayed. 

21 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The club recommends getting there a bit earlier. Because it is all digital ticketing and passports, they will have one crew scanning tickets and then another scanning passports, so be ready to be efficient with your phone. And get the Bomber app to have your Bomber account ready with your tickets displayed. 

You also need your photo ID ready.  They might be more strict on people using their assigned gates for entry as well.

17 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Also bring a mask because things like washrooms are probably still requiring masks. Those are indoor spaces. 

I'm pretty sure the concourses are considered "indoor" as well, especially the upper decks, along with the ramps and stairwells.

I'm planning to wear mine the whole time either way.

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I also heard talk that they were going to keep people in their “areas”, so upper deck could not walk the main concourse, end zone folk could not go across to the other side, etc. At least that is what the original plan had been. With loosened restrictions that may change. 

I can't see how that will work on the lower concourse when they still plan on having things like the Rum Hut open for business.

26 minutes ago, Sard said:

I'm pretty sure the concourses are considered "indoor" as well, especially the upper decks, along with the ramps and stairwells.

I'm planning to wear mine the whole time either way.

Good call. Upper deck concourses definitely should be. 

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I also heard talk that they were going to keep people in their “areas”, so upper deck could not walk the main concourse, end zone folk could not go across to the other side, etc. At least that is what the original plan had been. With loosened restrictions that may change. 

That sucks. But, at the end of the day I'm an adult and I'll survive a minor inconvenience without bitching about it. 

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I can't see how that will work on the lower concourse when they still plan on having things like the Rum Hut open for business.

Yeah that will be interesting. Also seems odd because what if I want to go to the Bomber store or a vendor not in my concourse? 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Good call. Upper deck concourses definitely should be. 

That sucks. But, at the end of the day I'm an adult and I'll survive a minor inconvenience without bitching about it. 

Yeah that will be interesting. Also seems odd because what if I want to go to the Bomber store or a vendor not in my concourse? 

Upper deck has smaller Bomber store kiosks, 50/50 booths, food vendors and beer/drink stations. You would miss out on a speciality place like Shwarma Khan, but the basic services are there. As for the Rum Hut, if you want to spend the game there, buy an end zone ticket. 

Again, this is what I was told the “return to play” plan was when I asked months ago and there was no certainty that we would even play again, so they may have loosened restrictions now that they can fill to capacity and ensure that everyone in attendance is double vaxxed. 

one of my all time favourite radio morning show bits that I remember from high school was either Tom and Joe or BJ and Hal talking about dropping a winter glove into the trough and whether or not they should go in and get it......took phone calls on it for the morning and it was hilarious. Really great bit that I'll never forget. 

Sounds like a BJ and Hal bit. Those two were amazing. Earlier this year on CJOB Hal was reminiscing and playing some old clips of him and BJ and was really emotional. Started crying on air and had to take some time to compose himself. Thinks of those times as the best times of his life.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti