Kickoff countdown

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

By the way, does anyone know how I can input a picture from my own phone camera into the post? I can’t pull up a URL, and just copying and pasting, the process works but the image does not appear in the post. 

Don’t want to self-quote, but would really like an answer if anyone knows. 

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Could watch that hit on repeat for the rest of my life.

Not even his best play last year. In the West Final he met William Powell in the hole at the goal line and stopped him cold one on one right at the one inch mark. The next play Matson blows up the line and Fajardo gets stuffed on third down. Without Hansen’s stick, the Riders tie it up  late. Very unheralded but critical play. Go to 1:46:00 to see the play. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Not even his best play last year. In the West Final he met William Powell in the hole at the goal line and stopped him cold one on one right at the one inch mark. The next play Matson blows up the line and Fajardo gets stuffed on third down. Without Hansen’s stick, the Riders tie it up  late. Very unheralded but critical play. Go to 1:46:00 to see the play. 

What an impressive offensive line! 

**** rider fans are stupid.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Was Taylor who blows it up

Correct. Matson and Bighill with the tackle, Taylor submarines the line and destroys the blocking. Just a beautiful play all around. My all time favourite game I have seen live in person. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Might be the biggest sporting event in history of the city tonight with everything that has transpired in past 620 days. 

This game tonight is hands down the biggest sporting event since the Jets 2.0 home opener a decade ago. The 2016 Heritage Classic would be a close second, IMO.

In any case, I am ******* pumped for this game tonight!

Winnipeg Blue Bombers bring back 3 more players - Winnipeg | Globalnews.ca

Reminder to all that a new batch of Grey Cup replica rings were shipped in and will be available at the Bomber stores throughout the stadium. $50 or $35 for season seat holders. And I picked up Paul Friesen’s “Against All Odds” book yesterday detailing the Grey Cup run from the acquisition of Collaros at (and almost after) the trade deadline, Streveler’s injury and rehab from what should have been a season ending injury, a flu bug that hit the team Grey Cup week, and the emotions of the players during and after each of the 3 playoff games. A very good inside look at just how much lined up right for the team during that 7 week span, and how much luck, circumstance, grit and will falls into place on any championship run, no matter how good the team is. Lots of inside info I had no idea about, an excellent companion to Tait’s book. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Reminder to all that a new batch of Grey Cup replica rings were shipped in and will be available at the Bomber stores throughout the stadium. $50 or $35 for season seat holders. And I picked up Paul Friesen’s “Against All Odds” book yesterday detailing the Grey Cup run from the acquisition of Collaros at (and almost after) the trade deadline, Streveler’s injury and rehab from what should have been a season ending injury, a flu bug that hit the team Grey Cup week, and the emotions of the players during and after each of the 3 playoff games. A very good inside look at just how much lined up right for the team during that 7 week span, and how much luck, circumstance, grit and will falls into place on any championship run, no matter how good the team is. Lots of inside info I had no idea about, an excellent companion to Tait’s book. 

As much as I hate putting money in Friesen's pocket, this is a must have book for me.  MUST HAVE

EDIT - I see the proceeds are going to Harvest Manitoba.  Now I feel better.

On 2021-08-02 at 8:09 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Thanks for posting.  Of course because it's Suits doing the colour, not a word mentioned about the incredible stuff by Hansen.  He stops a game-tying TD with an incredibly athletic play, and all Suits wants to do is look at the replay to see if the Riders scored a TD, knowing they didn't come close.  Thanks for posting that.  Talk about a Grey Cup saving tackle.

Edited by kelownabomberfan