Around The NHL 2021/22

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yeah ...quite a record....Anytime I hear Billy's name I think of another NHL star from the North End...Terry Sawchuck...Great goalie..........Mosienko used to own a bowling alley on North Main....Played a little 5 pin back in the day there

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah ...quite a record....Anytime I hear Billy's name I think of another NHL star from the North End...Terry Sawchuck...Great goalie..........Mosienko used to own a bowling alley on North Main....Played a little 5 pin back in the day there

Yep, Mosienko Lanes at Main & Redwood with an amazing mural painted by his granddaughter-in-law.  There was another mural there before but it was in poor condition so they made this one about 5-6 years ago.

NEP1712739.jpg

On 2022-03-23 at 12:59 PM, Stickem said:

Yeah ...quite a record..

This will never be broken, or equalled.

it is probably one of the greatest feats in the history of team sports.

And its up there with the bob beamon long jump. Stuff like that.

Ive tried to find a video of it, but dont think there is one.

Edited by Mark F

19 hours ago, Mark F said:

This will never be broken, or equalled.

it is probably one of the greatest feats in the history of team sports.

And its up there with the bob beamon long jump. Stuff like that.

Ive tried to find a video of it, but dont think there is one.

What would be the 5 most unbreakable records in hockey? Or in sports overall? (BTW Beamon’s record was broken, but it was astonishing how long it lasted and how much it went beyond the previous record at the time)

Off the top of my head::

1. Gretzky’s 163 assists in 1985-86 (only Lemieux has had more points in a season

2. Glenn Hall’s 502 consecutive games as a goalie (double the next highest streak, with today’s load management no goalie will ever touch this one  

3. Selanne’s 76 goals as a rookie (tough because you only get one shot at it and only 3 players have ever scored more goals than that in any one season)

4. Joe Malone’s 2.2 goals per game average (44 in 20 games, obviously a completely different game then)

5. Gretzky’s 3 consecutive 200 point seasons (you could probably pick any number of his records, no one else has ever cracked it once, good luck doing it 4 times in a row)

Any other obvious ones I missed?

On 2022-03-26 at 11:35 AM, Noeller said:

Gretzky's 50 in 39 games is the one that will never be touched.....above all of them. It's the one that he mentions as "untouchable" whenever someone brings it up. 

Absolutely.  When you watch Gretzky highlights from the 80s...most of those goals would not be scored in 2022

I'm sure he knows that better than anyone

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Absolutely.  When you watch Gretzky highlights from the 80s...most of those goals would not be scored in 2022

I'm sure he knows that better than anyone

LOL at the Flyers in those ridiculous pants.  What were they thinking back then.

Edited by kelownabomberfan