Around The NHL 2021/22

7 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I’m from AB, parents both from small town Sask, I was locked in at birth. If I was from MB I’m sure I’d be a Jets and Bombers fan. Loyal to the roots I was born with.

Christ sakes, talk about cursed from birth. I honest to God feel sorry for you.... 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Team USA gonna be better cuz Helle is better than Every Canadian goalie 

Goaltending is by far Canada's biggest problem....and if Carey Price is out long-term, then we're really screwed. Who the hell does Canada have for goaltenders? Chris Driedger? Yikes. 

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Goaltending is by far Canada's biggest problem....and if Carey Price is out long-term, then we're really screwed. Who the hell does Canada have for goaltenders? Chris Driedger? Yikes. 

Current Vezina winner? 

Speaking of Price...

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/canadiens-goaltender-carey-price-voluntarily-enters-player-assistance-program-1.5614802

🍷  or 💊 ?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Maybe Binnington bounces back? Or a young guy takes the next step but right now definitely a weak area for Team Canada...

No Price for the Olympics would be unfortunate but that's still a ways away. For other options, Fleury immediately comes to mind as the frontrunner. Off the top of my head, I'd probably throw Hart, Binnington, or Blackwood into the mix. Price would no doubt be a huge loss but with the team in front, especially the defensive corps, I don't know if I'd be crazily concerned about netminding.

On 2021-10-07 at 11:18 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not so good on the Olympic stage that guy plus he's old now.. same with price. There is no up and coming Canadian goalie.. 

MacKinnon placed in COVID-19 protocol for Avalanche.

Seattle Kraken have 5 players in COVID protocol prior to team's NHL debut.

Cooper signs three-year contract extension to remain Lightning coach.

Almost have to create Outrageous Contract Thread

Suzuki gets eight-year, $63 million contract extension with Canadiens

Florida Panthers lock up franchise center Aleksander Barkov with 8-year, $80 million deal

somewhat controversial take, but all of that non-hockey bullshit is just that...bullshit. That's why they'll never be taken seriously as a hockey market. They've turned the whole thing into a circus, because once again, the game isn't enough for Americans....they need a Goddamned sideshow to go with it. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

somewhat controversial take, but all of that non-hockey bullshit is just that...bullshit. That's why they'll never be taken seriously as a hockey market. They've turned the whole thing into a circus, because once again, the game isn't enough for Americans....they need a Goddamned sideshow to go with it. 

I don't disagree. But, if you're going to put on a show, which is the expectation in Vegas, that's the way to do it. It's over before the game even starts, which I appreciate.

The biggest annual sporting event is the Super Bowl and that has a lot of pomp and circumstance. Americans love football but they love the show even more. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

When you go to Bomber games do you sit in your seat and no nothing but watch the game? Or do you hang out at the Rum Hut? Who loved the racing dogs, the cheerleaders, the giant inflatable ball race? Do you enjoy the Hardrick hop? All of this is entertainment to draw new eyes when the game alone does not sell anymore. And it’s not just Americans who do it. Adding entertainment does not turn a franchise into a joke you can’t take seriously. Vegas has shown by the product on the ice that they are very serious about hockey and building a winning culture. The extra stuff is about providing fans entertainment value for their money. You want a joke franchise that is destroying a once serious hockey market? Look at Buffalo. 

Adapt or die. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

When you go to Bomber games do you sit in your seat and no nothing but watch the game?

100%. And I want everyone around me to shut the **** up (unless we're on D) so I can watch the game. I willingly concede that I'm a very old man, but I have no patience for anything but the game I'm there to watch. I don't care what sport it is. I bought a ticket to watch the GAME live...**** everything else. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

100%. And I want everyone around me to shut the **** up (unless we're on D) so I can watch the game. I willingly concede that I'm a very old man, but I have no patience for anything but the game I'm there to watch. I don't care what sport it is. I bought a ticket to watch the GAME live...**** everything else. 

That’s surprising given that you want to, in your own words, “piss on everyone from the top of the mountain” now that the Bombers are on top and you can exact revenge for the last 29 years. Seems like you would enjoy the sparring with rival fans rather than just sitting and watching the game quietly. But to each his own. Hopefully you are still able to do your thing while others do theirs. I go to watch the game too and not mingle in the end zone, but they don’t get on my way and they bring in extra revenue for the club, so the entertainment side does not detract from my watching on any way. If your section is too rowdy maybe try moving seats to a more staid area. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

That’s surprising given that you want to, in your own words, “piss on everyone from the top of the mountain” now that the Bombers are on top and you can exact revenge for the last 29 years. Seems like you would enjoy the sparring with rival fans rather than just sitting and watching the game quietly. But to each his own. Hopefully you are still able to do your thing while others do theirs. I go to watch the game too and not mingle in the end zone, but they don’t get on my way and they bring in extra revenue for the club, so the entertainment side does not detract from my watching on any way. If your section is too rowdy maybe try moving seats to a more staid area. 

I am a big believer in karma. I do NOT talk to other teams fans. Not on social media...not in person. I had a Lions fan buddy that I know through music try and do a friendly bet on the game a few weeks ago and I had to politely tell him I don't do that. I believe in karma. I do not want any interaction with any fans from other teams. Yapping leads to jinxing your team....I firmly believe that. When I go to games, I just keep my mouth shut and don't make eye contact with anyone, if possible. As an example, at the '19 GC, it turned out that my tickets were in a section with people I knew. They're Stamps fans, and were just at the game because it was the GC. They were all over me throughout the game because I wasn't cheering...wasn't saying anything. Even when we were up with about 5 minutes left in the 4th...not a sound. Just praying that we didn't **** it up somehow. Karma man....keep your mouth shut till the final whistle. 

I actually am on the same page as you with the karma thing. Keep your head down, keep the bragging to zero. One of the less endearing things about this site for me is the noise about our greatness and other teams’ suckiness. But it comes with the territory, and there is much more good on MBB than bad. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever