Around The NHL 2021/22

Word on Twitter this morning was that less than 15 players in the entire league haven't been vaccinated. It's something like 99% fully vaxxed already. Good news, but not really surprising as hockey players have always been the most sensible of the major sports....

On 2021-09-17 at 11:31 AM, Noeller said:

Word on Twitter this morning was that less than 15 players in the entire league haven't been vaccinated. It's something like 99% fully vaxxed already. Good news, but not really surprising as hockey players have always been the most sensible of the major sports....

Gotta wonder who the Trump supporters are. 

Dangelo in Carolina? 

On 2021-09-17 at 10:31 AM, Noeller said:

Helps telling them that if they don't get vaccinated having those major dumps of money into their bank accounts will be cut off. 

Choose anything you want absolutely but immune from consequences not so much.

10 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Just as soon as this investigation was done, now he is facing sex assault allegations. Sharks will not have him at training camp until the investigation is complete. 

He is doing a great job of " Evander Kaneing " himself out of the NHL. What a waste. I'm glad the Jets washed their hands of him long ago.

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

as ******* if Keith is just getting his vaccine now......ffs.......I just can't wrap my head around people being this stupid. 

So they won't get the shot to help someone's mother, grandmother, cancer patients...........but  " oh, my goodness I might miss out on some money , I better get the shot "     What an entitled bunch of pricks.

Well this is news!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/nhlers-weigh-in-on-league-s-vaccine-policy-i-ve-gotta-be-careful-with-this-one-1.5598068

But Winnipeg Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck, whose team is fully vaccinated, said he felt pressured into getting the shot.

"I'm not anti-vaxx by any means, but I'd like to have that decision for myself," he said. "I had just gotten COVID and gotten over it, and then I had to get the (vaccine), which made me feel like I had COVID all over again. If I could have had at least some time to choose, maybe I would have got it (when) they recommend -- three months later.

They've had vaccine availability in the states since last year......Helle can't sit here and tell me he's not anti-vax and then in the same breath say that he hadn't been vaccinated before now. If you're not anti-vaxx then you would have jumped on it as soon as it was offered to you. So many idiotic ideas in the US right now......

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

They've had vaccine availability in the states since last year......Helle can't sit here and tell me he's not anti-vax and then in the same breath say that he hadn't been vaccinated before now. If you're not anti-vaxx then you would have jumped on it as soon as it was offered to you. So many idiotic ideas in the US right now......

I hear what you’re saying and I kind of agree, but there are people that aren’t anti-vaxxers that didn’t rush to get vaccinated right away.  Some people may be anxious, unsure or just simply procrastinators.  Granted these are not great excuses, but it doesn’t necessarily make them against the vaccine.  I couldn’t wait for my turn to get the shot, but some people may have put it off, for whatever reason.