Around The NHL 2021/22

41 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

On Svechnikov, I believe that is paying a little for his upside (he's 21) and it does lock him up until age 29. I agree perhaps an overpay now but I get the thinking and if he was a Jet that deal wouldn't tick me off.

He's a star in Carolina. It's pricey and paying for potential but I'd be happy if he was a Jet for sure. Great deal for the former Whalers 

Looking at the Couturier deal... Scheif gonna get 10 plus on his next deal here. 9.5 atleast. 

Dubois was number 3 behind Laine and Matthews so compare the centers not named Matthews to Dubois in that draft and he's solid. He's actually younger than Stanley.. same draft BTW 

The contract number in part is so that the Habs will be forced to max out on their cap (10% over the limit before the season starts) if they match, so Canes hoping that scares them off. But $6 million for a 20 point player once again shows that GMs just can’t keep out of their own way when it comes to destroying the league with runaway contracts. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The contract number in part is so that the Habs will be forced to max out on their cap (10% over the limit before the season starts) if they match, so Canes hoping that scares them off. But $6 million for a 20 point player once again shows that GMs just can’t keep out of their own way when it comes to destroying the league with runaway contracts. 

If they don't then they get a 1st rounder and a 3rd round pick back and the Canes are on the hook for the 6 million?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but giving up a 1st round bust player for a 1st rounder back sounds like a good deal for Montreal to me??

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

If they don't then they get a 1st rounder and a 3rd round pick back and the Canes are on the hook for the 6 million?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but giving up a 1st round bust player for a 1st rounder back sounds like a good deal for Montreal to me??

A bust at age 21? 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

So essentially KK 1st and other pick for Dvorak. 

Seems like a loss 

Not quite.  Habs got a first and a third for Kotkaniemi from Carolina.

So JK and a 2nd for Dvorak and a 3rd.  Not so bad now, Could be a loss down the line if KK lives up to the expectations Carolina seems to have for him.

So Twitter says Mitch Marner says the Leafs are 100% vaccinated, which was followed up with a tweet that the team went with the J&J one-shot vaxx because it would be easier.......interesting........much lower efficacy and that's against the initial variant. Not sure how it holds up vs Delta and others....

1 minute ago, JCon said:

beat me to it......

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So Twitter says Mitch Marner says the Leafs are 100% vaccinated, which was followed up with a tweet that the team went with the J&J one-shot vaxx because it would be easier.......interesting........much lower efficacy and that's against the initial variant. Not sure how it holds up vs Delta and others....

beat me to it......

I think it's a joke, Pete is a Bruins fan.