Around The NHL 2021/22

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Houston is what 4th largest city in USA so yeah but is the Rockets arena compatible?

It's all about building a new facility. 

And, I'm pretty sure the Aeros used to play in the Toyota Center. 

Edited by JCon

If we learned anything from the Jets/TNSE purchase of Atlanta, it's that the NHL has got a few options ready to roll that have been biding their time for awhile now. Really curious to know who all might have had pitches ready over the last 10 years or so.....

Expansion dollars is what the league wants, Bettman come hell or high water wants his baby to succeed in Arizona, sooner than later they will add another team on the West (Houston) which will have a natural rivalry with the Stars and if Quebec can pony up the cash one in the East for a blood bath rivalry with the Canadiens

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Expansion dollars is what the league wants, Bettman come hell or high water wants his baby to succeed in Arizona, sooner than later they will add another team on the West (Houston) which will have a natural rivalry with the Stars and if Quebec can pony up the cash one in the East for a blood bath rivalry with the Canadiens

Purely from an entertainment point of view I’ve always wished Quebec back for that exact reason lol.

Houston does have 2 arenas tho prob more that could work. I almost feel they are the backup plan there. It just makes 2 much sense.. if Arizona leaves Arizona, Houston seems likely... geographical location and central division still where Arizona is this year with us and Dallas Chicago Minnesota St Louis Nashville Colorado 

Just makes sense to keep them in the same division and the obvious Dallas rivalry 

I couldn't tell u 2 players cuz just 2 young but loved the Whalers.. dunno why.. the name maybe.. jersey? I dunno.. own retro whalers hats and toques but no way Jacobs in Boston let's that happen. Same with QCity.. no way Montreal or Boston again let's that happen. 

Also 

Is it Palidoux? The Quebeccor Corp owner and money? That dude.  He's apparently pisssed ppl off in the league.  Not ball silly trying to move team to Hamilton blackballed but If Quebeccor wants in they gonna have to pay... Montreal Boston and the entire league  

Edited by Goalie

Rod Gilbert, a Hockey Hall of Famer and New York's ‘Mr. Ranger,' Dies at 80 http://4.nbcla.com/Q28mrRv

On 2021-08-20 at 4:37 PM, Goalie said:

couldn't tell u 2 players cuz just 2 young but loved the Whalers.. dunno why.. the name maybe.. jersey? 

At the time they were the only green jersey.