2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I think they will carry 2 kickers on gameday. If not, O’Shea will add another LB or DB (for ST) instead of a 7th OL.

I’m all out of sorts on what we need for roster numbers lol probably had the math wrong in my head

My guess for Cdn on Week1 roster. Minimum of 20 is required

OL - Desjarlais, Couture, Neufeld, Eli
REC - Demski, Wolitarski, Tyrell
RB - Oliveira, Augustine, Miller - I'm assuming Harris is out for Week1

DL - Thomas, Kongbo
LB - Briggs, Gauthier, Cadwallader 
DB - Nick Hallett, Noah Hallet (or Kramdi)

ST - Benson, Legghio, Crapigna - I'm assuming they will carry both kicker, I dont like it though. 

So the last spot is a toss-up between DB Kramdi, LB Maruo (Global) or OL Gray 

If only one kicker will play, maybe there's a chance Gray will be in the lineup. But I still think O'Shea will go with a backup LB or DB. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Lol you laugh Noeller, but Tyrell/Cadwallader/2 spots on kicking/Benson is a far cry from Petermann/Miles/Rempel, etc

The back end Canadians are a question mark, but we’ve still got a lot of great talent - especially where it matters. I’m just worried, since injuries could be more commonplace this season and our depth could be tested. If we get an injury on D, we’re gonna be facing some tough questions.

My Americans for Week1. Max of 20 required.

OL: Bryant, Hardrick 
REC: Lawler, Bailey, Stewart, Nelson - I'm assuming Adams is out, and O'Shea will prefer Nelson over McKnight on Week1

DL: Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Richardson, Antigha
LB: Bighill, Wilson, Johnson (SAM), Rocquemore
DB: Alexander, Jones, Taylor, Nichols, Alford - I got a feeling Darby is out for Week1 just a hunch.

ST: Grant

Edited by M.O.A.B.

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lol you laugh Noeller, but Tyrell/Cadwallader/2 spots on kicking/Benson is a far cry from Petermann/Miles/Rempel, etc

The back end Canadians are a question mark, but we’ve still got a lot of great talent - especially where it matters. I’m just worried, since injuries could be more commonplace this season and our depth could be tested. If we get an injury on D, we’re gonna be facing some tough questions.

I honestly can't even tell anymore when you're being sarcastic, so I just assume.....

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

Most of our Canadian starters are on offense.

There are certainly going to be new players that will need to step up as far as special teams go. But our drafting has put a lot of emphasis on that. So I'm excited to see what we have.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

My Americans for Week1

OL: Bryant, Hardrick 
REC: Lawler, Bailey, Stewart, Nelson - I'm assuming Adams is out, and O'Shea will prefer Nelson over McKnight on Week1

DL: Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Richardson, Antigha
LB: Bighill, Wilson, Johnson (SAM), Rocquemore
DB: Alexander, Jones, Taylor, Nichols, Alford - I got a feeling Darby is out for Week1 just a hunch.

Grant will be in for sure. At some point I think they pick one of antigha and rocquemore in order to carry an extra wr or db. Our dl depth is pretty stellar. Though I'm not sure kyrie will be ready week 1. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

So here is the debate question... are they weaker or just more unknown since we've had 2 draft classes that no one has seen st all?

I ain't gonna pretend to know what's what with the depth after not seeing a cfl game for damn near 2 years. **** gonna be different yo.

There's some worry that new players in a shortened training camp = trouble. But a lot of the ones that made the team have had an entire year to be in their play books and "trained up" off the field. So I'm hopeful in that way.

Im also worried though. Our kicking/kick coverage might be an adventure early on 😕

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Grant will be in for sure. At some point I think they pick one of antigha and rocquemore in order to carry an extra wr or db. Our dl depth is pretty stellar. Though I'm not sure kyrie will be ready week 1. 

Sorry. Max 20 American. So yeah add Grant.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So here is the debate question... are they weaker or just more unknown since we've had 2 draft classes that no one has seen st all?

I ain't gonna pretend to know what's what with the depth after not seeing a cfl game for damn near 2 years. **** gonna be different yo.

This is a good point 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

I honestly can't even tell anymore when you're being sarcastic, so I just assume.....

I’m a changed man 

7 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Sorry. Max 20 American. So yeah add Grant.

Nailed it other wise though. Gonna be interesting to see who is healthy this week. 

I hope to see rose as a back up dt this year at some point. I love linemen who can run. They can be huge on teams. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nailed it other wise though. Gonna be interesting to see who is healthy this week. 

I hope to see rose as a back up dt this year at some point. I love linemen who can run. They can be huge on teams. 

In 2019 we carry 7 DL with the Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Nevis,  Richardson, Thomas, Kongbo & Hansen. 

I figure, we will have 2 Jeffs, Thomas, Kongbo who will play at DT (I think), Hansen and Antigha. So thats your 7. Not sure who will you sit. Someone would say Thomas but even if you start Kongbo you need a backup Cdn DL still. 

17 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

In 2019 we carry 7 DL with the Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Nevis,  Richardson, Thomas, Kongbo & Hansen. 

I figure, we will have 2 Jeffs, Thomas, Kongbo who will play at DT (I think), Hansen and Antigha. So thats your 7. Not sure who will you sit. Someone would say Thomas but even if you start Kongbo you need a backup Cdn DL still. 

I don't think it's Jake or Kongbo at all if healthy.  I like wil is the deciding factor. I don't think we keep Antigha rocq and kyrie all on the roster long term. I think onyeka is likely to draw in for teams play.  Also I see more reps for kongbo and hansen this year. Briggs could also get more reps on d. 

Edited by wbbfan

• 2 months later...
On 2021-07-13 at 8:40 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Hey guys - just wanted to let you know that yesterday was a pretty f-ed up day for me as I was extremely close to a huge accident in Kelowna that claimed 5 peoples' lives.  Having been that close to the danger and near death it put a lot of things in perspective.  Thanks for all your posts, I really need to focus on this right now as it was beyond a traumatic experience.  I am so happy the Bombers are back, and I can focus on something positive right now.  That is all.

Now that some time has passed I just wanted to say thanks for all the support from fellow Bomber fans - it was really appreciated and I was overwhelmed at how much you guys stepped up at a time I really needed it.  #FIFO