2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

17 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

They are facts.

Lets say you're right, still means that we're looking for an upgrade at the receiver spot.

Team are always looking for upgrade regardless of position, that's what TC are all about. That's a fact. 
Telling they are not "happy" with their receiver group is different from the above. That's BS.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

They are facts.

Lets say you're right, still means that we're looking for an upgrade at the receiver spot.

Every team is looking for upgrades to every position at all times. 

Look at dt. For years we've had stellar play on the interior of the dl but we've also repeatedly replaced high end and star players with new guys and rookies.

Most people expect our wr core to perform at a higher level due to addition by subtraction and maturity. The change from Nichols and plop means far more opportunities for wrs to catch the ball in a position to do damage and further down field. We have not been a catch and run team other than Harris out of the back field for years. 

And by maturity because wrs are almost never elite in year one and we had some stellar early career production. 

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Team are always looking for upgrade regardless of position, that's what TC are all about. That's a fact. 
Telling they are not "happy" with their receiver group is different from the above. That's BS.

I heard the Jets are inviting several centers to their training camp in the fall.  Conclusion:  The Jets are not happy with Mark Scheifele.

4 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Bauming tweeted out today that the Bombers expect to sell out the home opener. I dont know man, i looked this afternoon and there are still a s***-ton of tickets left.

Still 9 more days left,I'm confident but it'll be very disappointing if we can't sell out our stadium after winning the cup after 29 years.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Another day, another series of negative BS TBurg posts. Starting to remind me of the nutcase who stalked Lyle Bauer on Our Bombers who had nicknames for him & everyone else he hated.

Where is old Nate these days?  I miss him, kind of like I miss that abscessed tooth I had a few years ago.  Is he still running his shop in Osbourne Village?  His only redeeming quality - he sold vintage Bomber merch if I recall correctly.

In  baumings piece on bonfire sports he said deatrick Nichols the former xfl db had been our best db in camp so far and had played him self into a starting spot. 

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

He was a sneaky good pick up. He's quick and a yac guy. We are gonna see some tough cuts or a lot of guys hidden on the ir  

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Another day, another series of negative BS TBurg posts. Starting to remind me of the nutcase who stalked Lyle Bauer on Our Bombers who had nicknames for him & everyone else he hated.

Don't usually quote myself but I think this is relevant to the discussion. The Stamps are always bringing in receivers. Even when they had the best receiving corps in the league & had a couple of thousand yard receivers a season. They'd always have a plethora of receivers practicing with the team. They wanted competition. They were never unhappy with the receivers they had.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Another day another whine from the kid who tries too hard to be one of the cool kids. More posts about the poster than about the post. Sad.

We brought in a ton of DB's cuz we have a couple of spots open. We brought in a ton of receivers, cuz we're happy with the incumbents. Sounds logical.

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Another day another whine from the kid who tries too hard to be one of the cool kids. More posts about the poster than about the post. Sad.

We brought in a ton of DB's cuz we have a couple of spots open. We brought in a ton of receivers, cuz we're happy with the incumbents. Sounds logical.

So if the Bombers starts say Stewart or Agudosi in place of Adams in Week1, does that mean they are not happy with Adams? 
Or say Adams is healthy for Week1 and we have are incumbents starts in Week1 and no newcomer/rookie in gameday roster, does that mean they are not happy with the new receivers? 

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So if the Bombers starts say Stewart or Agudosi in place of Adams in Week1, does that mean they are not happy with Adams? 
Or say Adams is healthy for Week1 and we have are incumbents starts in Week1 and no newcomer/rookie in gameday roster, does that mean they are not happy with the new receivers? 

What dumb questions. Adams starts if he's able to. He's our deep threat, big play guy. If all incumbents start week one, then they won the competition. It doesn't mean that they aren't happy with our new receivers. My guess is that we'll have one receiver starting week one who wasn't with us last year.

Try too hard guy.... Stamps have less receivers on their roster today than we do and they have obvious spots to fill.

I haven't gone through every roster. Maybe someone who likes to do that can tell me how many teams brought in 20+ receivers this year.